Am I wrong for thinking someone in their 30’s and 40’s flirting with 18 year old is gross?

Y

Yeddong

H+ hypocrisy
40 yo man dating 18 yo girl: that's gross! It shouldn't be legal
40 yo woman dating 18 yo boy: she's enjoying her life! Go girl!

Not only hypocrisy about that, but why we have to blame people in their 30s or 40s (99% of men with girls cofcof) when today there are people in their 18 years interested in very old people or wanting sugar daddys, lmao. That is why I'm losing faith in humanity that is offended by any stupidity.

xiaothink

~ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭21,901
I'm pretty sure most people are (like 90% or more) though? Atleast physically. With that said idk since I'm a couple decades away.
If a 30+-year-old finds an 18-year-old attractive or good looking, fine, but being attracted to them to the point of wanting to approach them or date them is a no-no.

And I honestly have no idea where you get that percentage because I'm not even midway through my 20s yet and 18-year-olds look way too young to me.

Last edited:

Bellamy

Be strong, be brave〰 VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭30,740,964
Pronouns
She/Her
I know that some people believe in: "there is no age for love", BUT...i agree so much with you...it's gross.

Vanille

Cap'n Gemmi Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,995
There barely are 21 year olds like me who got their shit together financially, who aren't brainless party animals who fuck around for the lols
I refrain from dating and stay celibate till I either find someone older or my own generation grows the fuck up... As I do plan on a serious relationship, if I can't have that, I don't want one at all. Most my age don't have this mindset...

I'm currently into someone who's 34 I don't think that's weird at all, as I'm not acting my age myself and she's very cute and innocent. I wouldn't go after a 34 year old if she had a kid or got married before, then we'd actually be in different stages of life... Same if I were a student (I'm not) Adults could be anywhere mentally, so instead of judging based on age alone, judge individuals and see if they match mentally. Of course at some point, gaps become too big... I'd say if the older person could be the youngest person's parent (and yeah there are teen moms but that's not normal either) and youngest should be at least 20, cause with teens (even 18 and 19) you'll find borderline pedo's preying on them...

So I'm into someone who's 34 yet feel grossed out with this 54 year old trying to hit on me... Hypocritical? 13 years gap vs 33 years gap is quite a difference...

hani's forehead

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,030
its predatory and gross imo, high schoolers are usually still 18 when they graduate, plus i still see 18 in the "teen" demographic. despite it being when the american government considers it being an adult.

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
I'm old enough that seeing this was more normal (and legal age was around 14), but it was uncomfortable even back then. Probably things were way worse then than nowadays as power play were the norm and less chastised. I think maybe after 21 is fair game. At some point the age gap makes not much of a difference (probably after 25 to be on the safe side) and it depends on case by case.

There may be some power difference in play that makes things creepy and some youngsters may be gold diggers as well, so not honest relationship may be still the norm with this age gap. Still I think legit cases are out there. I won't be much judgemental on these. Still it's irksome specially in cases that the age gap is very visible.

Maybe if we get to the point that there is no power play and age becomes more meaningless due to technology, we may see outrageous age gaps like barely legal ages (whatever it is the new threshold) with 10000 years old folks.

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
If a 30+-year-old finds an 18-year-old attractive or good looking, fine, but being attracted to them to the point of wanting to approach them or date them is a no-no.

And I honestly have no idea where you get that percentage because I'm not even midway through my 20s yet and 18-year-olds look way too young to me.
Yeah I think that's a big difference.
The percentage was mostly just taken out of thin air, but I was thinking of the chances they'd find someone that age attractive, not that they'd be attracted to all of them. And it was mostly based on the internet, with how many older fans young idols have (both men and women). Someone like Jungkook.

fullofjoy

The innocent one!
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭913,845
no, not really. Maybe 30s-40s are too much esp with an 18 yr old. Probably an 18 yr old & someone in their 20s.
30s-40s & 20s are okay imo.

Lain

Nation's first weeb Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭44,135
I'm turning 18 and I would feel uncomfortable if a 30/40 approached me tbh
But in my case, I'm not mature at all both mentally and physically ;;

Egoísta

Raised from the Dead Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭320,881
Pronouns
They/Them
Case by case basis
Depending on how they look and what they say and if the 18 y/o seems interested

I’m really not gonna go interrupting someone who’s flirting when it could just be fine, if they’re not my friend/if they don’t set off alarms I don’t care

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,255,270
we see it all the time in kpop variety shows and movies etc. ie. the hosts on shows like "knowing brothers, weekly idol, etc." all flirt with the girl groups. They get older while the girl groups who debut are still same age range of teens. I find it a bit creepy but apparently everyone finds them funny.

Top Bottom