BREAKING NEWS An arsonist attacked an animation studio in Kyoto (KyoAni) . NHK reports that multiple people are now confirmed deceased.

Bom

夢を諦めないで Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭97,680
This is devastating, RIP to those who lost their lives.
I hope the person/people who did this are punished severely.

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,245
I read this news as well on ANN, i feel sorry for these people that have died in such an pure evil disaster. I am hoping they can rest well, i am hoping the famous directors of the anime are also alive as well. I gave my condolence to their families. 😢

mochichan

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,670

I wonder what will happen to KyoAni now...they lost so many staffs and they lost all materials from their current and past projects. It will take a very long time and money for them to recover. Their animations are some of the best in the industry and it would be more of a tragedy that we would lose the arts as well...

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
I wonder what will happen to KyoAni now...they lost so many staffs and they lost all materials from their current and past projects. It will take a very long time and money for them to recover. Their animations are some of the best in the industry and it would be more of a tragedy that we would lose the arts as well...

Animation companies seem pretty close with each other as industry goes, so hopefully they get the proper support to recover the best way as possible considering the loss of human talent aren't replaceable. The impact caused by this horrific act of evil will last for a long time I'm afraid.

niyin

少女A Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,670
@mochichan for now no one can't tell, there are many shops (animates and such) that opened donation box for kyoani and looks everyone in japan is morally and financially willing to support them, but for now the company is focusing to support and help the survivors & family's victims

Last edited:

niyin

少女A Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,670
good news for the ones who want to financially support kyoani

niyin

少女A Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,670
😞

also, i'd add this, thats quite relevant because jpn media is awful when it comes to this kind of things

PockyAddict89

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭814,430
😞

also, i'd add this, thats quite relevant because jpn media is awful when it comes to this kind of things

The main reason why i deleted the names of the people in the post (since i can't delete post here for some reason) I got the news from reddit threads. I did'nt know until yesterday that there was a chance or rumor that the JP media may have actually coerced the names out of grieving families. I feel so bad right now.

That is so messed up. Could'nt the media be patient or something.

niyin

少女A Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,670
The main reason why i deleted the names of the people in the post (since i can't delete post here for some reason) I got the news from reddit threads. I did'nt know until yesterday that there was a chance or rumor that the JP media may have actually coerced the names out of grieving families. I feel so bad right now.

That is so messed up. Could'nt the media be patient or something.
don't feel bad about it, u are not the one harming people out there

many people doesn't know about this kind of thing, like journalists harassing people to get interviews and so on... as far as i know it happens quite often in situations like this (but is not only a jpn issue i'd say)

PockyAddict89

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭814,430
don't feel bad about it, u are not the one harming people out there

many people doesn't know about this kind of thing, like journalists harassing people to get interviews and so on... as far as i know it happens quite often in situations like this (but is not only a jpn issue i'd say)

I* agree. the media all across the world is predatory af, they pretty much care about the scoop instead of letting families greive. I just saw a video of one of the female victims funeral procession and i would not be surprised if they weren't supposed to be there at all.

Top Bottom