BREAKING NEWS An arsonist attacked an animation studio in Kyoto (KyoAni) . NHK reports that multiple people are now confirmed deceased.

anh

🍑 Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,927,260
This is such horrible news. May all deceased victims rest in peace and the perpetrator get the punishment he deserves.

Yukihime

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,890
I don't have words. This is so awful, horrible just...
RIP to all the victims, they were only trying to do their job and yet someone decided to end their lives for no reasons.
I feel so bad for them, and for their loved ones. And dying in a fire is one of the worst way to die too.

And may this absolute worthless piece of sh*t suffer awfully for the rest of his life if he didn't die.

mochichan

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,670
Someone I know who lives in Japan told me this might be due to somenplagiarism accusations toward KyoAni. It's sickening that someone would commit such horrible crimes for that small reasons. He doesnt deserve the death penalty. Death is too fast while the victims and their families will suffer PTSD and survivor guilts for the rest of their life. I really hope there are adequate supports for the survivors because many can kill themselves after experiencing these kind of traumatic event

niyin

少女A Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,670
Someone I know who lives in Japan told me this might be due to somenplagiarism accusations toward KyoAni. It's sickening that someone would commit such horrible crimes for that small reasons. He doesnt deserve the death penalty. Death is too fast while the victims and their families will suffer PTSD and survivor guilts for the rest of their life. I really hope there are adequate supports for the survivors because many can kill themselves after experiencing these kind of traumatic event

well, about death penalty u don't risk much, they are going to give to him for sure, but japanese's law takes its time especially for certain situations so i doubt they going to hang him tomorrow...
just an example, shoko asahara the leader of shinrikyo who did the sanrin's attack back 1995: he got hanged last year, 6th july 2018 (but in this case he should have been executed 2012 but got postponed because reasons) and i don't know how japanese would feel knowing that the arsonist would live like a normal inmate for many years , also can't remember if prisons are financed by taxpayers but that is not the issue

Kami

惟神の道 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭590,505
Scary when you scroll down the first page of the thread and the death toll keeps increasing. RIP

niyin

少女A Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,670
please tell me they caught the bastard that did this
yes, they caught him and taken to the hospital because his injuries but aside that there is no other infos related to him

No.1

Idol Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭292,855
The guy had apparently been sending deatn threats to a member of the studio for a while now and no one took seriously. Sad all around, may those people rest in peace.

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,420
Just a correction, they did not make Inuyasha. Inuyasha was produced by Sunrise Studio. KyoAni was involved in animating some episodes but Inuyasha was animated by different studios.

Pseudo

Lifetime Orbit
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,760
I'm utterly broken. My highschool years were defined by their shows, Haruhi, Clannad, Kanon, Nichijou, Full Metal Panic, and the lifelong friends I've made since then who were also fans of KyoAni. Their works have brought so much joy and inspired so many young people, and the price they paid for it was a horrible agonizing death - a reminder of how cruel and unfair life on this Earth can be. Please let the madman who did this suffer, as I'm out of understanding and compassion to give.

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,420
I'm utterly broken. My highschool years were defined by their shows, Haruhi, Clannad, Kanon, Nichijou, Full Metal Panic, and the lifelong friends I've made since then who were also fans of KyoAni. Their works have brought so much joy and inspired so many young people, and the price they paid for it was a horrible agonizing death - a reminder of how cruel and unfair life on this Earth can be. Please let the madman who did this suffer, as I'm out of understanding and compassion to give.

there's rumors that the arsonist held a grudge against KyoAni because they "plagiarized" his story but like if that's the issue he could've just complained to the management staff and if they deny it take it court. Anything but setting fire and killing those who were in the building.

Top Bottom