Art vs art. Do you believe in fine art aka (Art with a capital A) and lesser art (aka lowercase art)? Or is all art just art?

Art vs art

• Fine art exists, not everything is Art.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fine are does not exist, all art is art.

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭29,600
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
Art vs art.

ecce-homo-spain.jpg

Do you believe that some art is more important or better than other art that it deserves a classification?

If so, what is the threshold that makes someone go from art to Art?

Or is all art just art?

Is fine art just someone or a group's opinion?

Discuss

hatmixx

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭29,600
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
4ab197a42c6a8eba028da801dd5ca0a9.gif

Sorry what? Run that by me one more time...

There is often debate that there is Art and art. Art (capital A) would be like Beethoven, Monet, Shakespeare etc, while art (lower case) is BTS, your little cousin's stick figures, etc. Where as other people just say all artistic endeavors are simply art.

idk how else to say it. So if you dont understand you can just post a Sana gif. That's basically art.

Seriously

Pretty 💜 Psycho Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭33,850
There is often debate that there is Art and art. Art (capital A) would be like Beethoven, Monet, Shakespeare etc, while art (lower case) is BTS, your little cousin's stick figures, etc. Where as other people just say all artistic endeavors are simply art.

idk how else to say it. So if you dont understand you can just post a Sana gif. That's basically art.
I see, can't say I've encountered the uppercase lowercase distinction before.
:squirtlechristmas:

So I'll side with it all just being art. Sure some can have a cultural impact, but I wouldn't say that requires it's own category. Even an awe inspiring incredible drawing, is just a drawing.

Oh, and yeah I know he's responsible for inventing a decent chunk of modern English... but Shakespeare was just rambling bollocks. Kek

Bchip

ᴀ ʜ ɢ ᴀ s ᴇ Events VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,741,650
Pronouns
He/Him
It's all art. But some are better than others? Definitely :sip: I'm not sure about "fine arts", but there's no doubt some arts were extremely impactful and more important than others.

hatmixx

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭29,600
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
It's all art. But some are better than others? Definitely :sip: I'm not sure about "fine arts", but there's no doubt some arts were extremely impactful and more important than others.

so you wouldn't classify

this as Art

and this as art

it's just all the same bag?

sm maid

Global Star Administrator Events VIP+ Eighth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,060,604
Pronouns
She/Her
nct 127 could perform moonlight sonata but beethoven could not perform sticker so you can say there is Art and art

UMJI MOODS

엄지는 내 장미 VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭43,112,313
All art is creative expression. The level of the expression is in the mind of the beholder. Labels like fine, modern, abstract and others are people applying labels to satisfy themselves. What is art to someone ultimately comes down to personal taste.

Top Bottom