Ask The Translators

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
oUIvOZf.gif

The translation team is a group dedicated to translate lyrics, tweets, and short articles for our members.
Our current focus is on Korean, Japanese, and Chinese translations.

oaaJs35.png

Team Leader

@Vanilla Cupcake (Chinese)

Team Member

@Lurkette (Japanese)
@jana22sal (Korean)

Past Members

@Some (Korean)
@Vivi (Korean)
@yooamygirls (Korean)
@sunflower (Chinese)
@renn (Chinese)

vHZMHkB.png

Where can I request translations?

You can submit your request here:
Korean
Japanese
Chinese

Would you consider translating or subbing videos and articles?

We are definitely open to the idea; however, our team is currently understaffed, and we won't have the capacity to fulfill these types of requests until our team has expanded.

Can I join the team?

YES PLEASE! If you have a good proficiency in Korean, Chinese, or Japanese, you are welcome to PM me, @Vanilla Cupcake. You do not have to be fluent to become a translator. We just ask for translators to be at an intermediate level, sufficient enough to convey the meaning of the content to the readers.

Last edited by a moderator:

renn

수고했다 Early Supporters
Reaction score
⨭3,950
I dont have any just asking

We will be recruiting, so maybe a J-translator will apply! In the meantime, it is technically possible for us to translate a Japanese song here and there, but we don't have the dedicated translator-power to open weekly requests for J-music like for C and K.

Wozumo

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭46,709
We will be recruiting, so maybe a J-translator will apply! In the meantime, it is technically possible for us to translate a Japanese song here and there, but we don't have the dedicated translator-power to open weekly requests for J-music like for C and K.
👀 Can I request one? The only translations around are from Google Translate. It's Sayonara by Red Velvet.

janajaytrans

you are my universe and i am your galaxy Translation Lead Graphics Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭28,900
👀 Can I request one? The only translations around are from Google Translate. It's Sayonara by Red Velvet.
I can help you with this one! Just request it in the J-translations Request thread

xiaothink

~ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭21,901
Also question to @pullava, if you translated DIA and WJSN lyrics from OH, do you still have it?
I'm actually not entirely sure if I've ever translated their songs, it might've been the other translators lol Unfortunately I don't have them saved on my computer, but they'll still be on OH once it comes back up, so I can get them from there if there are any. Do you need them for something specific (or do you have any specific songs in mind)?

Wozumo

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭46,709
I'm actually not entirely sure if I've ever translated their songs, it might've been the other translators lol Unfortunately I don't have them saved on my computer, but they'll still be on OH once it comes back up, so I can get them from there if there are any. Do you need them for something specific (or do you have any specific songs in mind)?
Oh it's the songs in DIA's 1st album Do It Amazing, which no one translated but OH staff xD I was gonna post the lyrics on this website colorcodedlyrics.com but I'll wait for it to come back then

xiaothink

~ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭21,901
Oh it's the songs in DIA's 1st album Do It Amazing, which no one translated but OH staff xD I was gonna post the lyrics on this website colorcodedlyrics.com but I'll wait for it to come back then
Okay 😄 They should definitely still be on there then, if they aren't feel free to request them again!

eunnie

♕ Queen MAGO ♕ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,029,602
Hi--

Is it possible to ask for a translation to an old K song?

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
@abra
With Japanese, there's a lot of nuance in general, to be sure, but in lyrics, there isn't always a lot of room for things like subjects or transitional language. A lot of times if you do a cold translation, like just line for line, literal, lyrics don't make a whole lot of sense. It becomes challenging because in English, we don't have quite as much nuance. We have some nuance in our vocal tones, but not coded into the language like Japanese does.

The tricky part is trying to pick up on all that nuance and make it more explicit in English without adding too much to the original words. I know there are some people who would rather read a literal, word-for-word translation of things, but I'm of the school of thought that thinks it's better to get the original feel of the song and how it hits in Japanese, even if I have to make some technical changes in word choice or elaboration. A lot of times I'll end up having to go back over certain verses or the whole song because I'll only make a certain connection after translating a later section, or I'll think up a better way to say something later on to make it more clear how the verses connect to each other.

On a more controversial note, there are also some lyricists that I just really don't like :sip: It can be a struggle translating what I think are very juvenile, boring lyrics into something that will connect with the people who do like those songs. Even if I don't like someone, it's not my place to let that bleed into someone else's enjoyment, so I try very hard to make those songs good even if I hate every second of doing them.

Last edited:

MVSica

✨🐻Ujung🛰️✨ Donor VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭130,653
Hi I have a request! can someone translate this for me :bakacat: its not lyrics but post on fancafe - Translated by @Some

EoUkHjYXEAU_Yu3

EoUkH20WEAIW-AP

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom