SALES August 2019/Girl Group Data ~ Album Sales and Digital Points Acquired in 2019

perspherspley

Apink ~ I.O.I ~ Loona ~ IZ*ONE ~ fromis_9 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭991,330
Estimated and Rounded🤔
q07Fhuz.png
Source

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
The digital points gap between 9th and 10th is quite drastic. Is there a possible zero missing for WJSN's digitals? Physicals are quite impressive though.

perspherspley

Apink ~ I.O.I ~ Loona ~ IZ*ONE ~ fromis_9 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭991,330
The digital points gap between 9th and 10th is quite drastic. Is there a possible zero missing for WJSN's digitals? Physicals are quite impressive though.
It looks like it is real since I couldn't find them in the list at all.

Last edited:

FrigginShit

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,350

The 10th place is abit weird because you can either put WJSN in there for their strong sales but meh digitals or put OMG with better digital sales but like 18-20k+ physical sales.

wqedsfgvthyjuhgtrfde

lights camera action Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,725
There is another thread on this forum that lists the Gaon digital points of the Top 10 girl groups. Instead of WJSN, they included MOMOLAND instead.

There are 3 girl groups with higher digital points than WJSN.

MOMOLAND has 177,494,894+ points for at least 32 weeks fpr "BBoom BBoom" (2019 only) and "I'm So Hot".

OH MY GIRL has 139,668,289+ points for at least 12 weeks of "SSFWL" and 1 week of "BUNGEE". They might surpass MOMOLAND in a couple of weeks and by this metric become the 10th best performing girl group in terms of digital performance.

EXID has 59,712,508+ points for "I LOVE YOU" (2019 only) and "ME&YOU".

By the way, fun...or not so fun fact. The only girl groups that appear in the comprehensive Gaon Digital Index chart Top 200 are the 10 girl groups listed by the OP, the 3 that charted above WJSN that I listed here, and Lovelyz. That's only 14 girl groups. Used to not be that way you know...there was a time when most any "mid-tier" girl groups could chart in the Top 100 (the Gaon Digital Index was half the size as it is now) but the public doesn't care about girl groups as much as they did a couple of years ago. A lot of success stories about rookie girl groups these days are sales records, bolstered by affluent individuals or a strong fandom, and also international presence.

The physical ranking is also messy. The overall ranking is pretty much subjective. I won't try to resolve it though.

AegyoInTheStreets

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭18,675
People need to stop calling twice a boy group. Cosmic girls is the real boy group here. Almost non existent charting, completely fandom driven. Thats a boy group.

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭500
By the way, fun...or not so fun fact. The only girl groups that appear in the comprehensive Gaon Digital Index chart Top 200 are the 10 girl groups listed by the OP, the 3 that charted above WJSN that I listed here, and Lovelyz. That's only 14 girl groups. Used to not be that way you know...there was a time when most any "mid-tier" girl groups could chart in the Top 100 (the Gaon Digital Index was half the size as it is now) but the public doesn't care about girl groups as much as they did a couple of years ago. A lot of success stories about rookie girl groups these days are sales records, bolstered by affluent individuals or a strong fandom, and also international presence.

The physical ranking is also messy. The overall ranking is pretty much subjective. I won't try to resolve it though.

Well I guess it's good we're seeing a seeming general rise in physicals to sorta compensate for the decline in digitals.

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Twice have absolutely smashed it again 2nd place wont do it seems...sitting comfortably on the top.

Queens of digital.
Queens of physical.
Queens of outselling all your faves whole career in 8 months.

Top Bottom