B-sides that are better than the title track?

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭793,900
So recently Cravity made their comeback with 'Gas Pedal' which is honestly one of the worst title tracks they've released yet, and that says a lot considering Starship have been making questionable title track decisions for them since day 1. After listening to their new album in its entirety, I can't help but think about how much better literally any of the b-sides could have been as the title track, especially 'Veni Vidi Vici'.

Just to see if I'm not the only one here who feels this way, here are the songs for comparison:

Are there any instances where you've thought that a company made the wrong decision in picking the song that would be promoted as an album's title track?

Stannie

Philippians 4:11-13
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
Since I rarely listen to other groups' bsides, I'll just answer re: Twice. I actually like Alcohol-free, but the bsides from Taste of Love are gems. I think SOS, Baby Blue Love, and Scandal were better and could easily be the title tracks.

Also, practically the whole M&M album vs. More and More itself.

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,800
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
Yes, it is Kara's Mister. It was a b-side song in their album but it made them to become one of the iconic 2nd generations girl group

never knew this wasn't a lead track!

Rocket Punch Love is over and Ride are superior to their title tracks IMO. I understand Bim Bam Bum being the title but, ring ring doesn't hold a candle to Ride.

CLC Meow Meow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hobgoblin

Woo!ah! scaredy cat > Purple

Kstarnet

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭745,565
never knew this wasn't a lead track!

Rocket Punch Love is over and Ride are superior to their title tracks IMO. I understand Bim Bam Bum being the title but, ring ring doesn't hold a candle to Ride.

CLC Meow Meow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hobgoblin

Woo!ah! scaredy cat > Purple

True, this song is so iconic that a lot of groups cover it but it doesn't have an official MV :rolleyes:

Beefy

Billion Dollar Bitch
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,751,035
Pronouns
They/Them
the title track wasn't that bad I'm crying. I personally prefer the queen Celebrate, it's a bit weird I love it

and this has been a common theme with Cravity i.e. Ohh Ahh, Cloud 9, Dangerous​

Last edited:

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭162,100
LOONA - Voice, over Why Not

Rocket Punch - Love Is Over, over Bim Bam Bum

fromis_9 - 22th Century Girl (or even Clover), over DKDK

Elris - This Is Me, over Jackpot

woo!ah! - Scaredy Cat, over Purple

MVSica

✨🐻Ujung🛰️✨ Donor VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭130,653
Some WJSN::shablob:

WJ Please?
TT= Save Me, Save You
B Side =I yah

WJ Stay?
TT= La La Love
B Side = You Got

For The Summer
TT= Boogie Up
Bside = Oh My summer

Idk if I like them better than the title track but they are close. A lot of WJSN bside are really great like Pantomime but idk if its necessarily a title track kinda song but it's better than Butterfly, a lot on Never land are better than Butterfly imo (Our Garden, Trala, one I cant remembr rn lmao)

RainbowBlink

❈ JIHYODOONGI ❈
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭44,750
Since I rarely listen to other groups' bsides, I'll just answer re: Twice. I actually like Alcohol-free, but the bsides from Taste of Love are gems. I think SOS, Baby Blue Love, and Scandal were better and could easily be the title tracks.

Also, practically the whole M&M album vs. More and More itself.
THIS! And Oxygen was almost the More & More title track...
Twice had say in Alcohol Free being the title track though and I kind of agree...out of the songs of Taste of Love, it's probably what best fits as a title track

Top Bottom