Babysitter / ベビシ [Official Thread] Babysitter announces disbanding :(

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625

they apologized for the lack of activities, they explain that last year they were able to do concerts using covid prevention measures but this year the government of Aichi's prefecture issued a declaration of emergency forbidding all live events and such, this also applied to Nagoya where they are based

because of the rising numbers of infections the members decided to take precautions for themselves and because of that ever since June it has not been possible for them to get together in person, in the meanwhile they thought about ways of making fans happy, part of that was releasing "superhero" as a digital single and now they also plan to release all their other works the same way

they also announced a BLU RAY / DVD, it's going to include footage of their concert Baby Autumn 2020 [Live connection]

more information soon

-

well that explains why we haven't seen them together since the start of the year but i think its good they are being careful
unfortunately the ban on live events is something beyond their power to change

they plan to release all their discography in digital! :wow:

i'm really happy about that, ever since last year all their physical releases have been out stock, i'm particularly interested in "42°"

also, a BLU RAY / DVD? this tweet Yui posted a few weeks ago may be related to it :wherearethelies:

-

the single featuring Yui is out

Billboard Japan did a small interview with them
・ Yui from Babysitter

First of all, when I was invited i frankly thought "Are you okay with choosing me!?" It was the first time for me to participate in a chorus in such way, i still remember i was really happy to hear the demo before the release.

i sang it and the way i got to express words that i myself would never come up with was amazing... I'm sorry... I was just attacked by a wave of emotions, the arrangement progressed steadily.

I'm really happy that I was able to see the evolution of the song on my side and that I was involved in "Bullets", Through this song i feel like i was able to remind myself of the feelings of cherishing my loved ones.

Thank you for letting me be involved in this work, i really want it to reach a lot of people. Please listen to it a lot. (^^)

Akihisa Kondo spoke about Yui

・ Akihisa Kondo

This time i wanted a voice other than myself to fill the emptiness that drifted in the middle of the song so I asked Yui from BabySitter for help in the chorus since she is also from my hometown, thanks to her it became a song that makes you feel the whereabouts of your voice as the whereabouts of people, as if you were approaching them from a distance while coexisting together.

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625

their live movie is going to be called "Live Connection", its going to be release on November

pre orders start on October 13th which is also Miku's birthday the later plans to hold a live stream on her own that day

cool, i don't recall them doing any live stream this year, Yui and Mai's birthday was in August but they didn't do anything
since Rio's birthday is also on October i hope she does a live stream too (maybe even a group stream?)

also i want news about their discography being release on digital, i really really want to listen to 42c

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
Tickets on sale

cute! i think that's the first picture of her we've have seen in almost half a year :omgwhat:

i'm fine with them selling admission tickets that said i don't even know if bitfan is restricted to Japan only, i'm going to check later

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
Blu ray / DVD

last week was Babysitter's anniversary

Miku and Rio

i still wonder if Ryo Eguchi is related to one of them

while Babysitter are good they are not very popular yet he is their producer (despite also producing for LiSA and other major acts)

anyway, this month it also was Rio's and Miku's birthday 🥳

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
their discography is now available on Spotify + digital stores!

seems it has been up since a few days ago, i literally had no idea until this very moment, instead of doing irrelevant shit i could've been listening to Babysitter

i'm listening to 42c right now, is pretty different from what i was expecting, i've been wanting to listen to it since 2019 so i'm not sure what kind of expectations i even had, that said is really good, very diverse, i feel that i only knew the Babysitter from the MVs and that the one from the B-sides is a whole new side i don't know yet

April, Tsubureta Mikan and Calendar are missing but i guess those are next

unfortunately Superhero isn't here :okbye:

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
Cat(s)

they are going to open a pop up shop in Tokyo

they sold out their concert in Nagoya, this is their first performance in a while

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625

Notice of dissolution:

(if you have any questions please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have)

Babysitter will be disbanded in February of 2022,
we would like to express our deepest gratitude to all fans who have supported our activities so far, we are full of gratitude from the bottom of our hearts to all the people who has supported us, we really appreciate these 6 years.

-Babysitter

Messages from the members:

Comment from Yui (Guitar, Vocals)

To fans who supported me, i am very sorry for the sudden announcement.

in this situation that as a band we can't do want we want i had a lot of time to stop and think, when we can't do something called "live" what can we do? we didn't know what we're aiming for and were not communicating well, before i knew it there were split opinions

i thought about the future and the things i wanted to do and how we have to change ourselves, i wanted to go on a different path, when we decided to break up i was thinking about this sentence, when listening to our songs again there are many memories in each of them and many people's faces also come to my mind, when listening to "my song" (Boku no Uta) i felt a tightness in my chest, i couldn't stop crying, i was surprised by the various emotions that came in, it's a song that's very important to me, i thought again how i made that song while fighting many emotions, i cried because i was frustrated, that's how emotional it was

it was only as a member that i could face music seriously and see many different scenarios, because it was with these 4 people called Babysitter that i was able to continue making music

Our activities as Babysitter end here, there will be no new songs in the future but the songs we have made so far will remain, i hope you all continue to love our songs, the members and people who lend a hand, who helped create, that lived together as a team with Babysitter, for these 6 years i was able to continue going forward because there were people who supported me, is thanks to that i was able to continue making music

finally, i'm really sorry that i can't say thank you directly, you are always doing your best to support me and keep giving me hope to live, it was thanks to all, i really appreciate it, i still don't know what will happen with me, i like to sing, i love music and i keep being saved by it, i believe i can see you all again somewhere so i want to push myself and work hard everyday, if you can watch warmly over the future of these 4 people i would really appreciate it, that you for so much happiness

Rio (Guitar)

Sorry for the sudden announcement, for a while i couldn't even bring myself to use any of my SNS accounts, i'm sorry to have caused people to worry, I've being working to do my favorite music, i always thought that our live shows were really fun.

from the bottom of my heart, thanks to everyone, about 5 years ago i joined Babysitter, i will never forget all of you who supported me, it would be nice if with my music i could meet everyone again, everyone who supported us and to all members, i really appreciate it.

Mai (Bass)

To everyone that supported Babysitter, thank you so much for everything!
i'm sorry for the sudden announcement of our disbanding, when i was in 2nd year of high school i joined Babysitter, time flies, i remember when we were a cover band and i was going to the studio for practice after school while still in my uniform

my memories of the days I've spent in Babysitter and as an artist were really important for me, for you too i hope our existence was fun, i felt i gained a lot of experience from it, to all the people who has been involved with us and everyone who supported Babysitter, i really appreciate it, from now on i want to live as myself, everyone take care!

Miku (Drums)

To everyone who always supported me, i'm sorry to had surprised you with the sudden announcement

since our formation 6 years ago the 4 of us who have different personalities and tastes have been able to continue our activities by understanding each other and that's why we got along well, i was able to perform in front of a lot of people with the 4 of us playing music, i have been supported by many people, Babysitter has added color to my life, this experience is to me a lifetime treasure

everyone that helped make Babysitter, all the members, and more than anything to you dear fans who supported us, i was able to get here thanks to you, i can't find words to describe my full gratitude

i have been in constant contact with music since i was little and i'm sure i can't just leave... i wish i can meet everyone somewhere once again, if you have questions please feel free to contact us we will be happy to answer any questions you may have

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
they are an incredible talented group, no one can say they didn't try, unfortunately the opportunities never showed to them, i feel that in a different time or a different place it would had been a different story, the 2015 - 2020 period wasn't good for girl bands and the Nagoya scene is really small, fortunately / unfortunately lately there is an increasing interesting in girl bands but sucks they aren't going to benefit from it, sometimes talent and hard work aren't rewarded...

i really, really love Babysitter, from their messages i think Yui and Miku probably are going to keep making music one way or another, i hope Rio and Mai doesn't just disappear, even if they just use their accounts to post updates every now and then that would still make me happy

both their fan club and store are going to be up until March 31th, for the time being their SNS accounts are going to stay up for potential announcements, their discography is also going to stay up in digital stores and streaming sites

i feel they are going to make a few more small announcements, hopefully they release Tsubureta Mikan, Calendar and April so we can complete their discography

they were too good for this world :tears:

FL86K0DUUAEHubn

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
...so because i wasn't expecting BabySitter to disband and because they usually released stuff during every March / April, i was waiting until then to post "updates" (despite them now being weeks or even months old) in any case i think it still makes sense to post them

Back in November BabySitter opened a popup store for a day, it was located in Tokyo and managed by Miku and Rio

some picture i found in Twitter, they had pictures and items as decoration (i couldn't find pictures of their instruments / outfits but they were in showcase too)

FEFRMXkagAYQbyz

FEEpooDakAEAEDu
FEFRNgPakAA1Zvn
FEEpooEaIAMXRTz

FEEtEPqagAUvDIJ
FEEtEPraAAEjm43
FEEtEPtaQAAE-Mi

Yui and Mai held a event in Nagoya

they had a mural of pictures

FEnzJd4VQAMWtR_

FEnzKD9XoAAw4jw

FEnzKm9XwAoxmH1

FEnzLIxVUAEIfZ-

FEounOrVIAkktEn

in both places they were selling their Blu ray / DVD

pictures i found on Twitter

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
so Rio doesn't appear in several of the next updates, in the post before i mentioned how one of the events was in Tokyo and the other in Nagoya (where Babysitter were based), i believe the potential reason for that is that Rio moved to Tokyo although is a little hard to prove but reading some of their tweets that was the feeling i was getting

did i post this? Miku's birthday

a video from Yui

apparently Yui has two cats

a selfie from Miku

Christmas

new year

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
BabySitter's "final tweet"

We BabySitter will be disbanded today but our songs will live forever so I hope you continue to listen to them! Thank you to everyone who met and support us.

and about the members

let start with Rio, other than her probably not living in Nagoya anymore there is another reason why there aren't more tweets of Rio

unfortunately she deleted her account

Rio was the main composer of the music, for example she wrote the melody of "Senko Hanabi" among other songs, she also plays the piano, she is really talented so hopefully we get to hear about her again in the future

too many times artists i like disappear right after disbanding so i took the habit of archiving their pages as reference / memory

Rio's twitter (only the recent tweets!)

Yui changed her profile username, bio and picture

あらきゆい (Yui Araki) ex.BabySitter

BFtMerUZ_400x400.jpg

Mai changed her bio and profile picture

ex.BabySitter ベース (bass)

bu5dIzDE_400x400.jpg

Miku changed her profile and removed her bio

t3NYWXlb_400x400.jpg

Yui posted a tweet, seems she does plan to stay active in one way or another

she also posted a cover of Superhero

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
i wrote "final tweet" this way because they posted a few more tweets although they are about their fan site and merch store which are closing on March 31, they are going to stay up until then

Yui posted this tweet of them sending merchandise

fan site is closing at the end of this month

finally, while searching fan tweets about BabySitter i found someone posted about this account

its a twitter for the cover band they had before becoming BabySitter, i checked and there doesn't seem to be any personal / private info so i guess is ok to post it

also i found this account, i knew about it before but i wasn't sure if it was them or a fan account, seems it's them

also i forgot about it but they changed the bio of the band's account to "Thank you Baby’s" apparently thats their fandom "Baby's", i always wondered if they had a name for it

-

seems that is all for now, i don't think there are going to be news about Babysitter anymore but if any of the members starts a new project or anything like that i'm going to make sure to update the thread, hopefully we get to hear about them again

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
so yesterday would had been BabySitter's anniversary, i was expecting that maybe there would some news about the members but nothing happened

the most recent updates are that Yui and Mai came back to thank fans for their birthdays messages

and a few weeks ago Miku posted this picture on her Instagram, she also updated her twitter profile with it, hopefully this means she is planning something

and unfortunately there are no news about Rio, the last time we heard anything about her was right before she deleted her Twitter account

in perspective they disbanded barely half a year ago so not really that long ago, hopefully we can heard news about them soon

and while not as much as before I've been listened to their songs every now and then

Top Bottom