Between the Stars - Writer's Month Entry.

ARandomFan

(っ◔◡◔)っ<3 Content+ Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,029,645
Pronouns
idk
Corporal,
Here is the last batch of finalized logs that have been transcribed. These come from the salvage wreckage of a Social Class type 19 cruiser (SC;19) registered under the name: Mystic.
We hope with this we can achieve our goal of being able to learn more about
The Rift, the events that transpired, and how we can prepare for a galactic war.

The Personal Audio Logs (PAL) files were somewhat damaged but not impossible to recover. We were also able to recover some of the Ambient Recording Systems (ARS) files from the SC;19 - Mystic as well as the cruiser’s on-board Service Bot registered under the name ZETA.
I’ve compiled the relevant ones into one file from oldest entry to newest to use at your discretion.

As per The Federation’s order: all other copies (physical or otherwise) related have been destroyed. The file(s) you possess are the only remaining evidence of what occurred.

As per The Federation guidelines, here is a key to reading transcribed logs:

• Quotation Marks “ ” – Spoken.
  • Single Quotation Marks ‘ ’ – Quoting someone.
  • Parentheses ( ) – non-spoken noises that are made by a living being.
  • Asterisk * * - noises that are not made by a living being.
  • /TN: / or / / - Transcriber’s Notes. I’ve tried my best to explain what happens when it’s not being spoken or to give some context about what’s happening in the file(s).

If you have any questions about the logs, don't hesitate to contact me.
-Engineer II Lanna.

The Federation awaits your evaluation and urges you to give it to them A.S.A.P
Onwards we persevere, to Greatness - The Federation

-------------------------------
>Text accessed
I know I shouldn’t say this but, I’m scared. After all that’s happened. I just wish there was more communication with what we are going to do. Are they really going to sweep this under? How? If only people knew just how close we are to destruction…
I’m sorry. I know this is out of line, but now we are the only people that know about this that will do something about it.
I know you’ll make the right decisions. You always seem to know the right course of action.
Okay… On to the loads of reading you’ll have to do.
Good luck, Friend.

>File accessed

Last edited:

ARandomFan

(っ◔◡◔)っ<3 Content+ Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,029,645
Pronouns
idk
PAL 106
date recorded: 5/21/2189 21:04
user: Utha
--Start of PAL--
“Onwards we persevere, to Greatness”
(scoffs)
“Bullshit. Unless the Federations’ idea of ‘greatness’ is a dungy, rusted, barely-staying-together colony that they claim is ‘an important outpost’!”
(sighs)
“Another beam fell today. Hanners... It just happened so fast. One second, he was standing there, then a loud bang and... he was gone. We all know about the beams. For months we’ve requested for the equipment to properly. Day after day. But what do we get? Nothing! We get nothing in response. Those -*static*- don’t care at all… Sad thing is, I think, we're getting numb to the “accidents” now. We’ve just started to accept that it’s going to happen…”
*clinking* (gulps)
“Anyways, after we had to clean him up, we all pretended like nothing happened so we could get our work done. Other than Hanners, everything else at work was… work. Micc and I went down to The Tav as per usual afterwards. A bit more crowded than usual though. More Savs are comin through, I guess. Doesn’t matter… I just wanted us to have a couple of drinks and not think about what happened, but Micc has to just go on and on.”
(sighs)
Why am I friends with him? … Anyways, he was all like ‘I wonder when his family will hold a ceremony’ ‘Poor Hanners’ and so on. It was enough to make me get another drink even though, at that point, I hadn’t finished my first one. Micc is too empathetic…”
-*static*-
“OH! There was a weird Jhanaean at the front bar when I went to get more drinks. Droning on and on about The Rift. He was saying something along the lines of: ‘Like a shuddering tear in space-time, leaping with utter randomness between the stars! And it swallowed the star whole!’”
(nervous chuckle)
“That part wasn’t weird though. It seems like recently more and more of the ‘shady’ patrons have been saying that. He was weird ‘cause he only had one eye. Not like he lost one, but, like, he only had one. I didn’t know Jhanaeans’ could be born with only one eye… um…”
*clinking* (swallows)
"So, after I got my drink and was walking back to the table, the Jhanaean started very loudly to describe the communication frequency he'd accidentally used to summon it. But to be fair; I wasn’t paying attention since -*static*- I told Micc about what I overheard though. Anything to get him talking about something else… Like, we all know about The Rift. But only in stories to scare us. Whether it be to scare children into being good or adults into “redemption” or “never leaving comfort”. Of course, it’s a popular “villain” in some of the most popular horror vids.”
(tsk)
“Micc said ‘I wonder why the sudden increase? Is The Rift real? Or a very elaborate prank? No one has given a clear description of it either way, fiction or not.’ while taking and drinking my drink. Still upset about it… (tsk). He wasn’t wrong though; everyone just says it’s scary and big. Other than that, descriptions have always varied.”
(sip)
“I remember when I was little, I thought it was like a really big version of Dirt Dwellers. But for- like- space...”
*metal door sliding open*
/TN: a new voice/
“Utha? Ha- have you seen the report?”
“What?”
“The planets long range sensors de-*static*- Speeds of 6.4 luxces”
“6.4? Really?”
*rustling followed by loud footsteps*
/TN: PAL doesn’t end until 22:15/
--End of PAL--
ARS 221
date recorded: 5/21/2189 21:07
--Start of ARS--
*footsteps*
/TN: sounds like it is coming from a speaker/
“- is the fastest U.F.O.s has approached the planet. Local government officials are urging the public to stay calm as we try to gather more information-” -*static*- “They seem to be some sort of ships. None that we’ve ever seen.” -*static*- “It looks like things are now… jumping out- What are those? A new species?” -*static*- “The Federation won’t be able to come in time, will they?” -*static*- “- God help us.”
/TN: Utha/
“We need to prepare for takeoff! Now!” *loud footsteps* /TN: somewhat faint now/ “Ryies! Come on!”
“O- Okay. I’m coming!”
*footsteps*
--End of ARS--

Last edited:
Top Bottom