Big Hit Entertainment is planning to debut a new boy group in 2022

yooamygirls

how deep is your love VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭739,810
Hmmm....so TXT will be 3 years old and BTS will be 9 and most likely be dealing with/almost done with their service. Interesting timing but still looking forward to it!

denizen mars

Lesbian Potato Goddess
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,250
Is this company destined to be a sausage fest forever
I just want someone (it doesn't have to be big hit) to do what bh did for bts for a group of women

denizen mars

Lesbian Potato Goddess
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,250
It's called Pledis luv. But more like women made them.

I know pledis mismanagement of pristin was extra shitty, but yall hype them a tad too much. pristin did not have any songs, either official or unofficial, that were remotely political or subversive. There are plenty of girl groups that write, but they mostly write about love and other topics that won't rock the boat. That's what I want women to be allowed to do, actually rock the boat. Mamamoo cowrites but Moonbyul herself said there's no female group doing it like BTS (& got a lot of heat for it...but...did she lie?). Thats what I'm thinking about

Aquamaraqua

Jinyoung's Wife
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭970,145
I know pledis mismanagement of pristin was extra shitty, but yall hype them a tad too much. pristin did not have any songs, either official or unofficial, that were remotely political or subversive. There are plenty of girl groups that write, but they mostly write about love and other topics that wont rick the boat. That's what I want women to be allowed to do, actually rock the boat. Mamamoo cowrites but Moonbyul herself said there's no female group doing it like BTS. Thats what I'm thinking about
Lol... who was talking about Pristin? I'm talking After School and Son Dambi... yknow... the pillars of Pledis that got them to where they are now. After School had the radical Bad Guy upon debut, they had members take part in lyric writing, Kahi who basically was the 2nd gen Soyeon of dance (she conceptualized and led all their concepts), a fucking killer multi-talented musician E-Young who also composed music... I'm talking them.
Are you talking about After School? Cause pledis ruined them with their rotational system, so I don't understand the connection here.
"But more like women made them"

SageWren

The Genre is BTS Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭553,095
Lol... who was talking about Pristin? I'm talking After School and Son Dambi... yknow... the pillars of Pledis that got them to where they are now. After School had the radical Bad Guy upon debut, they had members take part in lyric writing, Kahi who basically was the 2nd gen Soyeon of dance (she conceptualized and led all their concepts), a fucking killer multi-talented musician E-Young who also composed music... I'm talking them.

"But more like women made them"
Okay..... So women made Pledis (and then the company treated them like crap), so are you comparing BH to Pledis in that BH are going to ruin BTS? Or comparing AS success and industry influence to Bts's? Cause AS had success, but never more so than a mid tier group during their peak, and the only member with current influence is Nana (and maybe Kahi).

Aquamaraqua

Jinyoung's Wife
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭970,145
Okay..... So women made Pledis (and then the company treated them like crap), so are you comparing BH to Pledis in that BH are going to ruin BTS? Or comparing AS success and industry influence to Bts's? Cause AS had success, but never more so than a mid tier group during their peak, and the only member with current influence is Nana (and maybe Kahi).
I just mean making a company be successful enough to branch out and debut other groups/artists. After School / Son Dambi the only women to do that in K-Pop.

Aquamaraqua

Jinyoung's Wife
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭970,145
Also correction, at their peak they were top tier. Because of You's impact had them compared to SNSD at the time. Check your facts please. : )

SageWren

The Genre is BTS Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭553,095
Also correction, at their peak they were top tier. Because of You's impact had them compared to SNSD at the time. Check your facts please. : )
Lol check your facts girlie, BoY was their biggest hit, but comparing it to Gee? Genie? Fire? Mister? Abracadabra? Not even close, no need to be rude just cause your "pave the way favs" are nowhere near as successful as your delulu mind wants them to be. Gotta have relevancy and impact for that to be true lmao.

Aquamaraqua

Jinyoung's Wife
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭970,145
Lol check your facts girlie, BoY was their biggest hit, but comparing it to Gee? Genie? Fire? Mister? Abracadabra? Not even close, no need to be rude just cause your "pave the way favs" are nowhere near as successful as your delulu mind wants them to be. Gotta have relevancy and impact for that to be true lmao.
Ad hominem won't make your case stronger. Nobody compared it to those hits, although Fire is arguable if we're looking solely at 2009/2010 era. I simply said people compared them to SNSD.

BoY: won a triple crown, k-netizens themselves compared them to SNSD (Cyworld is long gone but there are bits and pieces out there, even from international blogs you can go find some comparison). They won SMA rookie alongside T-ARA in 2010, earned 4M+ downloads for BoY, one of the few girl groups to ever reach that much for a song, opened for the Pussycat Dolls the same year etc. The group didn't have the longevity they should have due to their management issues, which is why newer fans are quick to dismiss them as a mid-tier group (which they were on average of their career, just not at their peak). BoY did have that impact though and to dismiss it because you're uninformed would be a mistake.

No need to come at me because I corrected you.

I know very well that some of my faves aren't successful, but they did establish some things, and I wanted to flaunt it, especially after some people want to white-wash their worth due to the industry's sickness. My sig is nothing really I dwelled too much about regarding this thread, moreso some interactions I was charged about on Twitter.

Before calling someone delusional and laughing at what they present to you, take a look at the facts with the research done.

I don't correct people to waste my breath. I know exactly what my groups have and have not done. Delusion gets people nowhere, I'm aware of that. I'd never want my favs to appear more popular than they are (besides that really means nothing to me in the first place, otherwise I wouldn't be stanning "nugus"), because then I can't rationalize properly and help them grow bigger. That was always my goal with Cross Gene, to help them grow. Unfortunately their company fucked them over, but that doesn't mean I can't be proud of the achievements they did have.

My comments aren't an attack to you, but simply a correction to your facts. I'd appreciate if you could do the same instead of projecting false claims on what you think I am.

SageWren

The Genre is BTS Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭553,095
Ad hominem won't make your case stronger. Nobody compared it to those hits, although Fire is arguable if we're looking solely at 2009/2010 era. I simply said people compared them to SNSD.

BoY: won a triple crown, k-netizens themselves compared them to SNSD (Cyworld is long gone but there are bits and pieces out there, even from international blogs you can go find some comparison). They won SMA rookie alongside T-ARA in 2010, earned 4M+ downloads for BoY, one of the few girl groups to ever reach that much for a song, opened for the Pussycat Dolls the same year etc. The group didn't have the longevity they should have due to their management issues, which is why newer fans are quick to dismiss them as a mid-tier group (which they were on average of their career, just not at their peak). BoY did have that impact though and to dismiss it because you're uninformed would be a mistake.

No need to come at me because I corrected you.

I know very well that some of my faves aren't successful, but they did establish some things, and I wanted to flaunt it, especially after some people want to white-wash their worth due to the industry's sickness. My sig is nothing really I dwelled too much about regarding this thread, moreso some interactions I was charged about on Twitter.

Before calling someone delusional and laughing at what they present to you, take a look at the facts with the research done.

I don't correct people to waste my breath. I know exactly what my groups have and have not done. Delusion gets people nowhere, I'm aware of that. I'd never want my favs to appear more popular than they are (besides that really means nothing to me in the first place, otherwise I wouldn't be stanning "nugus"), because then I can't rationalize properly and help them grow bigger. That was always my goal with Cross Gene, to help them grow. Unfortunately their company fucked them over, but that doesn't mean I can't be proud of the achievements they did have.

My comments aren't an attack to you, but simply a correction to your facts. I'd appreciate if you could do the same instead of projecting false claims on what you think I am.
Maybe you should learn how to not sound condescending when responding to others, and you won't have to worry about others "attacking" you. Putting smiley faces in your above manner and just reqouting yourself are prime examples of condescending behavior, so don't try to play a victim after the fact.

I am well aware of AS success, as they are one of the first ggs I stanned, and a hit song doesn't make someone top tier, as many other groups will show you.

I admit I was childish to mention your sig, and for that I apologize, I am short tempered at the best of times.

But let's be fully honest, comparing AS and Pledis to BTS and Bighit on a BH thread is a superficial comparison at best, and reminiscent of a certain bird account on Twitter at worst.

Aquamaraqua

Jinyoung's Wife
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭970,145
Maybe you should learn how to not sound condescending when responding to others, and you won't have to worry about others "attacking" you. Putting smiley faces in your above manner and just reqouting yourself are prime examples of condescending behavior, so don't try to play a victim after the fact.

I am well aware of AS success, as they are one of the first ggs I stanned, and a hit song doesn't make someone top tier, as many other groups will show you.

I admit I was childish to mention your sig, and for that I apologize, I am short tempered at the best of times.

But let's be fully honest, comparing AS and Pledis to BTS and Bighit on a BH thread is a superficial comparison at best, and reminiscent of a certain bird account on Twitter at worst.
Condescending behavior is only given on my end if that's what I received, which your reply did
"Okay..... So women made Pledis (and then the company treated them like crap), so are you comparing BH to Pledis in that BH are going to ruin BTS? Or comparing AS success and industry influence to Bts's? Cause AS had success, but never more so than a mid tier group during their peak, and the only member with current influence is Nana (and maybe Kahi). "

Although to be frank me adding a smiley wasn't really meant to be seen as as anything very charged on my part, just a bit of sass at best.

Quoting my replies though? Lol that's me saving energy. It's like 2AM here.

You're right a hit song doesn't make one top tier, but they had a good follow up afterwards and overall were an "Inki" group around that era. I wouldn't have mentioned a big name like SNSD if I didn't have reasoning. One continued growth, one did not. But they were in similar realms at the time.

And my AS to Pledis comment was again, corrected in my initial statement. "More like women who made them". Because it's true, AS/SDB made Pledis... I would even say it'd be a misnomer in a way to say BH made BTS but BH's management did indeed help their trajectory after BTS themselves got the ball rolling...

I have no idea which bird account you mean, Renz? No clue I don't follow Army or AS twt very closely.

Top Bottom