[Billboard] Gen Hoshino's 'Doraemon' is Anime TV Series' New Opening Theme Song

davidguy

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭121,910
Gen-Hoshino-2019-bb-japan-billboard-1548_0.jpg

Gen Hoshino's 'Doraemon' is Anime TV Series' New Opening Theme Song

In February 2018, J-pop singer-songwriter Gen Hoshino released a song called "Doraemon," featured as the theme of the 38th Doraemon movie called Nobita's Treasure Island, which became the highest-grossing film in the series.

This song, filled with lyrical and musical details that honored the 50-year-old classic comic series, will now be featured as the new opener of the animated Doraemon TV series starting in October.

The beloved cartoon is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year, and will be moving from its long-running Friday broadcast to a Saturday evening slot, beginning Oct. 5. The show has never used a song originally written for another work as the permanent opener before.

Hoshino says he was "elated" when he received the offer to feature his loving tribute in the iconic series: "I'm glad I spent those several months thinking about Doraemon and (the creator of the original manga) Mr. Fujiko, pouring my heart and soul into writing the song. I feel very honored as a musician."

Hoshino recently made his catalog available for streaming, and announced a world tour featuring Mark Ronson as a special guest in New York and two double-headlining shows in Yokohama.

Top Bottom