BLACKPINK claims 3 awards at the 2019 People's Choice Awards

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭798,250
What exactly did they do this year that warrants them getting Best Tour and Best Group over BTS? I'm genuinely dumbfounded by this and the only explanation would be that Interscope have really showcased what their connections can do. All this is gonna do is lead people to rightfully question the validity of their awards but I guess any publicity is good publicity

yooamygirls

how deep is your love VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭739,810
What exactly did they do this year that warrants them getting Best Tour and Best Group over BTS? I'm genuinely dumbfounded by this and the only explanation would be that Interscope have really showcased what their connections can do. All this is gonna do is lead people to rightfully question the validity of their awards but I guess any publicity is good publicity
People's Choice Awards did state in their website that the final decision was up to them (the 'judges'), so in the end it didn't matter whether or not more ARMYs or Blinks voted.

I personally don't care and congratulate the girls of BP for winning, but PCA's never been a very highly reputable award show and they're further digging their grave. At least they got people talking by doing this lol

Anyways, congrats BP for winning! :shablob: :hehe:

Last edited:

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭798,250
final decision was up to them (the 'judges'), so in the end it didn't matter whether or not more ARMYs or Blinks voted
It's not just about the votes though. Even if this was based on achievements, it's quite clear that BTS are by far the most obvious pick. I think it would be interesting seeing what metrics the 'judges' used to come up with the winners. I mean, CL won an award for doing basically nothing this year.

yooamygirls

how deep is your love VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭739,810
It's not just about the votes though. Even if this was based on achievements, it's quite clear that BTS are by far the most obvious pick. I think it would be interesting seeing what metrics the 'judges' used to come up with the winners. I mean, CL won an award for doing basically nothing this year.
That's true. I don't disagree with you - I haven't really been keeping up with the PCAs and but the concert award raised the most questions for me personally. Again, I don't think it's worth getting upset over because it'll just lead to fan wars between ARMYs and BLINKs (and god knows we have more than enough of those) and it is certainly unfair to BTS, but that's not anything new. We just need to move on and hope that next time, BTS gets the credit they deserve!

If PCA's main goal was to get engagement, then this was the way to do so. This was pretty much free publicity with the way people are getting heated. It's unfair, sure, but I don't want to waste my time and energy on PCA lol.

zai

HIP HOP RAPPER Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
Congrats to them winning 3 awards. I personally feel they really deserved music videos award but seriously the other 2 awards is a bit controversy. But still congratulations!

SageWren

The Genre is BTS Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭553,095
Congrats winning the payola awards, hope that can translate into actual results instead of just YT views lol.

Top Bottom