"Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War" Discussion thread

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,483,925
FeocXjUUYAAcB3N

"Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War" (Sennen Kessen-hen in Japanese) is the latest entry in the Bleach series, the original Anime ran between 2004 and 2012 but finished without covering the final arc of the story, in 2020 a new adaptation was announced as part of the series 20th anniversary, it premiered on October 10, 2022

the "Thousand-Year Blood War" is listed as having 52 episodes and split into 4 cours, episodes are going to be released weekly

Opening theme "Scar" by Tatsuya Kitani

Ending theme "Saihate" by SennaRin

Special Ending theme "Rapport" by Tatsuya Kitani (was used during the credits of the first episode)

Where to watch?

in Japan the Anime is airing at "TV Tokyo", internationally the Anime is available on

Disney+: Link
Hulu: Link

for the time being is not going to be available in neither Europe or Latin America, for more info check these threads

reddit.com/r/bleach/comments/y13n3h/bleach_will_not_be_available_in_europe_for_the/
reddit.com/r/anime/comments/y0q5ve/disney_confirms_theyll_not_stream_bleach_on_latam/

so if you live in either of those regions feel free to pirate the shit out of it

where to discuss Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War?

well, here? that's why i'm making this thread

but also the Bleach Subreddit and Anime Subreddit are going to be publishing weekly discussion threads (plus Myanimelist)

r/Bleachr/AnimeMyAnimeList
Episode #1 discussionEpisode #1 discussionEpisode #1 discussion
Episode #2 discussionEpisode #2 discussionEpisode #2 discussion
Episode #3 discussionEpisode #3 discussionEpisode #3 discussion

Episodes
  1. "The Blood Warfare" (Aired October 11, 2022)
  2. "Foundation Stones" (Aired October 18, 2022)
Next
  • "March of The Star Cross" (Premieres October 25, 2022)

Last edited:

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭797,050
I actually still can't believe I'm getting to watch new episodes of Bleach in 2022.

Watched Episode one as soon as I got hold of a subbed copy and it was just a surreal experience. Animation looks great, voice acting is on point and as is always the case with Bleach, the soundtrack and character styling slaps! I love how they didn't muck about with the pacing for the first episode and gave us action sequences already.

Hearing the "BAN-KAI" and "Getsuga Tenshou" took me back to my primary school days!

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,483,925
I actually still can't believe I'm getting to watch new episodes of Bleach in 2022.

Watched Episode one as soon as I got hold of a subbed copy and it was just a surreal experience. Animation looks great, voice acting is on point and as is always the case with Bleach, the soundtrack and character styling slaps!

I love how they didn't muck about with the pacing for the first episode and gave us action sequences already.
to me it's also been a while since i last watched Bleach, i honestly never expected for the last arc to get animated

the animation in EP 1 was pretty good, Bleach already have the best Anime within the HST but TYBW is a step above that, there is some stuff i forgot from the start of TYBW so i was planning on re reading the Manga again in preparation for it but after watching the first ep i'm glad i didn't
Hearing the "BAN-KAI" and "Getsuga Tenshou" took me back to my primary school days!
the re introduction of Ichigo and the gang with "number one" playing at the background was pretty cool, definitely peak Bleach

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,483,925
did Chad killed a bunch of innocent people? :sweat:

QyzctSX.png

uO69LRe.png

from what i recall Shinigamis and Hollows are kinda "incorporeal" but Uryu, Chad and Orihime are humans so that doesn't really apply to them, right?

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,483,925

haven't clicked on them yet, i still have to watch the new episode

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,483,925

haven't clicked on them yet, i still have to watch the new episode

i just watched the EP, both songs are good but i like the ED better

i actually remembered a lot of the stuff from EP 2, the Wehrmacht Wandereich are definitely the most despicable antagonist in all of BLEACH, the funny thing is that several of the Sternritter members are really likeable so is mostly the grunts that make them look evil (well actually they all are pretty evil)

i read they cut some scenes from the manga (mostly gags) but otherwise they aren't censoring anything

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,483,925
i haven't forgotten about the thread, is just that i wasn't able to watch Bleach the past week

on the bright side that just means now i get to watch 2 episodes in a row :sanapray:

Top Bottom