Chinese Kpop Idols are supporting CCP's HK crackdown on Weibo

Kami

惟神の道 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭590,505
Chinese Kpop idols are once again being used as CCP's propaganda tools on social media and this time it's to crackdown on the HK protests. For the past few days, Chinese Kpop idols reposted the '5 stars red flag has over 1.4 billion flag bearers' and 'Five stars red flag will always fly high in Hong Kong' hashtag to condemn the protesters in Hong Kong and undermine their fight for demoocracy.

HK/Taiwanese idols such as Lucas, Jackson and Guanlin also reposted the patriotic hashtag with international fans expressing their extreme disappointment on twitter. I guess like the controversial 9 dash hashtag way back in 2016, these Chinese/HK/Taiwanese idols working in China have little choice but to promote Chinese nationalism and communist ideology when called to do so.

NCT/WayV Lucas
EBS0ksaUwAEM9ur

GOT7 Jackson
EBS0ksXUYAAxlub

Lai Guanlin
tumblr_pvty6phRar1vzr7ixo1_540.png

spo

Girl Group Supremacist Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,475
Pronouns
she/her
They're being forced to? They can't choose to stay silent? Are the WJSN girls also reposting this?

LaJetée

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭25,245
Isn't he from Honk Kong?
Yeah (so is Lucas), but posting this was the safe choice for him in regards to his career, he is avoiding being in deep trouble where it would matter the most for him in regards to his individual career.
Also let me make clear that by stating it's a safe choice I am not stating it is the righteous choice, because I don't think it is. Also need to state that I understand how his room for choice regarding this matter is deeply limited.

Belkiss

BTS raised themselves Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭77,065
Yeah (so is Lucas), but posting this was the safe choice for him in regards to his career, he is avoiding being in deep trouble where it would matter the most for him in regards to his individual career.
Also let me make clear that by stating it's a safe choice I am not stating it is the righteous choice, and that I understand how his room for choice regarding this matter is deeply limited.
Yeah I get what you mean but staying silent is the right choice tbh and it seems that all the idols were forced to do so :(

LaJetée

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭25,245
Yeah I get what you mean but staying silent is the right choice tbh and it seems that all the idols were forced to do so :(
I'm actually not sure whether that is a choice the idols that actively promote in China are really allowed to make without repercussions, so I can't really speak on that.
I just know that I stand with Hong Kong, and Hongkongers who are upset with their decision to make those posts are valid in their anger.
I however don't have any judgement to pass on these idols as I can't make any claims to the decisions I would make if I were in their positions :/

Belkiss

BTS raised themselves Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭77,065
I'm actually not sure whether that is a choice the idols that actively promote in China are really allowed to make without repercussions, so I can't really speak on that.
I just know that I stand with Hong Kong, and Hongkongers who are upset with their decision to make those posts are valid in their anger.
I however don't have any judgement to pass on these idols as I can't make any claims to the decisions I would make if I were in their positions :/
Yes, I share your opinion as well

Echo

𝕎𝕠𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕕 Early Supporters
Reaction score
⨭23,441
Whether they agree with this or not, they literally can't not make these posts so I dont think fans need to get sad over this. Everyone knows how much they're being controlled in their posts about patriotic issues, who even thinks they posted these willingly without any outer force's effect

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Hong Kong's fight for democracy aside, C-idols don't really have much of a choice in putting up these posts. I would like to think that if they weren't forced to do it, that they would choose not to, but I don't really know for sure. I'm more suprised that Guan Lin, a Taiwanese, is posting all this propoganda, but I guess if he's promoting and earning money in China, he doesn't have to. I'm just glad that Tzuyu doesn't have her own Weibo at the moment.

Top Bottom