abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Disappointing

I'm actually not sure whether that is a choice the idols that actively promote in China are really allowed to make without repercussions, so I can't really speak on that.
I just know that I stand with Hong Kong, and Hongkongers who are upset with their decision to make those posts are valid in their anger.
I however don't have any judgement to pass on these idols as I can't make any claims to the decisions I would make if I were in their positions :/
Whether they agree with this or not, they literally can't not make these posts so I dont think fans need to get sad over this. Everyone knows how much they're being controlled in their posts about patriotic issues, who even thinks they posted these willingly without any outer force's effect
Hong Kong's fight for democracy aside, C-idols don't really have much of a choice in putting up these posts. I would like to think that if they weren't forced to do it, that they would choose not to, but I don't really know for sure. I'm more suprised that Guan Lin, a Taiwanese, is posting all this propoganda, but I guess if he's promoting and earning money in China, he doesn't have to. I'm just glad that Tzuyu doesn't have her own Weibo at the moment.
Of course they need to do that unless u want your idol career in china getting exiled for the rest of their lives.

It's not like they are forced to post it, or like every Chinese celebrity are posting it either.

Reactions: spo

Echo

𝕎𝕠𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕕 Early Supporters
Reaction score
⨭23,441
It's not like they are forced to post it, or like every Chinese celebrity are posting it either.
Being forced is not only physical, you can't just ignore the social pressure they get, to even consider getting involved in anything politics related. They know it's a sensitive issue, celebrities know not to jump on everything unless they're forced to

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Being forced is not only physical, you can't just ignore the social pressure they get, to even consider getting involved in anything politics related. They know it's a sensitive issue, celebrities know not to jump on everything unless they're forced to
I'm just saying that they can keep quiet, but they're posting in order to facilitate their careers in China.

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
I'm just saying that they can keep quiet, but they're posting in order to facilitate their careers in China.

I don't have Weibo or speak Chinese, so I can't say for sure what the motivation behind these posts are. It's quite possible that either public comments were made on their accounts, or that there's been discussion and/or communication about this issue, either with their agency or with the Chinese authorities of some sort. It's not impossible, but unlikely that all the C-idols suddenly decided on their own volition to make political statements on their C-SNS - I suspect something must have triggered them.

The fact that C-idols have fans all over the world, especially Asia, make them the ideal candidates for propaganda, since the audience that the CCP wants to influence are non-mainland Chinese. Using them to promote the 9-dash line agenda, despite having fans in the affected countries, is something the CCP would do. Much in the way that some K-idols are showing their support for their country in the SK-JP trade conflict, and in doing so potentially influencing regional opinions in their favor.

At the end of the day, the CCP is not like other governments - if they want to end the careers of idols, they easily can. C-idols erring on the side of caution is perfectly understandable to me, and they are doing it despite being well aware of the potential backlash from their fans.

Echo

𝕎𝕠𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕕 Early Supporters
Reaction score
⨭23,441
And I'm saying that sometimes keeping quiet is not an option.

Anna

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭900
But really did the chinese goverment really forced them though ?? Because even when the nine dash lines were at the hottest, there are many A list celebs (mainlanders or not) who didnt post anything and they dont have any problem getting roles after that. May be it s really where their political stand is or may be they all doing it, because they think it would be easier to pursue their career further if the did that. After all most of them are fresh meats whose acting skills are still questionable at best.

crazykuroneko

🔟🌹💎🍒🐐
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭49,055
For Lucas, I'm pretty sure the company asked him to do it. He and all WayV members (except Ten ofc) reposted it around the same time with the same caption, followed by WayV's official account. Given how SM is being very careful with them in China now, I suppose they don't have other choice

I don't know with other idols

A Flower4ever

❤ #AlwaysWithTwice #OT9ForEver ❤ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭281,245
I have to sadly agree.

Top Bottom