OTHER Corner Candy Shop

moue

⥀⥀⥀
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭313,917
The judging for topic 7 will be starting, for now, I introduce topic 8!
20200119_183209_0000.png

[banner made by @Ombré]

This week‘s topic is cinemagraph.
image0.gif

Cinemagraph is a type of graphic where one object in a static image is moving. The challenge is to create this isolation while maintaining the quality of the image.

examples:
image0.gif

image0.gif

image0.gif

These will be due February 2, please submit your work on this form!

D

DR. K💉M 👄

Won't I need either the pics or the vids to make something original

moue

⥀⥀⥀
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭313,917
unknown.png

This week you will be given the task of satisfying a client. The client's request will be posted in the #topics channel. Later on, the client will be entering our Discord chat so you can ask them as many questions as you need.
The creator of the piece the client likes the most will receive 3 orbs.

Sooz
SVAI1jG.png

A happy and cheesy greeting card for Yeri and Maria! I tried to use Illustrator for the front cover and went with a simple pic to demonstrate the cute friendship between the girls :HappyPar:

Akidoki
card_friendship_2.png

I have never actually made gfx from scratch before so I wanted to try doing that for this topic. I have a tendency to go for darker colour schemes so I wanted to instead try pastels in this piece.
I picked ice cream as the base of the theme (because Ice creams are awesome) and made the ice creams using GIMP and my trusty Touch Pad. Mint choc chip is my favourite ice cream and to complement the minty colours I went for berry with White chocolate and sprinkles as my 2nd ice cream.
I didn't know how to include the idol and after brainstorming I decided to make them a part of the ice cream. I designed a little waffle chip to be inserted into the ice cream and then I made pngs of the idols and used a combination of threshold and further cropping to get something akin to the silhouette of their faces. I then made it brown to make it seem as if it was drawn using chocolate. I drew a little smear of white chocolate on top of the waffle chip to make the chocolate silhouette stand out more prominently. If you are wondering the Idols I picked were Mario Makino and Yoon Jeonghan.
I came up with the quote myself cause there were no proper friendship quotes with ice cream in it. ♡♡♡

Baymax
WYNxdfv.png

Suzuki Airi x Chuu (LOONA)

Yerimmie
card.png

The winner for the 3 orbs is:
Sooz

With an honorable mention of Akidoki​

moue

⥀⥀⥀
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭313,917
Topic 8 has been extended
topic_9.png

[Banner made by @Chu]

This week Corner Candy Shop will be creating a magazine! As the winner of the previous challenge, @soozie will be taking the cover, and has an option to add Akidoki.

As for the rest of you, your task is to create a 2 page spread with (and about) the people in your group.

You can sign up for a 3 person group by quoting this post or tagging me on discord.

Group 1:
1. @BlueNose
2. @Saint Renjun
3. @Seriously

Group 2:
1. @AKID❀KI
2. @Ombré
3. @BlessMeAchoo

Group 3

Please have these by Feb 16th!

Last edited:

Seriously

Pretty 💜 Psycho Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭35,650
Topic 8 has been extended
topic_9.png

[Banner made by @Chu]

This week Corner Candy Shop will be creating a magazine! As the winner of the previous challenge, @soozie will be taking the cover, and has an option to add Akidoki.

As for the rest of you, your task is to create a 2 page spread with the people in your group.

You can sign up for a 3 person group by quoting this post or tagging me on discord.

Group 1:
1. @BlueNose
2. @Saint Renjun
3. @Seriously

Group 2:

Please have these by Feb 9th!
:wherearethelies:
You really just signed me up like dat'

What kinda magazine?
549674.jpg

Tommie

🍨 Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭819,500
I love how colorful and detail oriented Aki's cover is and I adore how minimal but effective and clean sooz made her design. For Baymax, I love how she made the yellow stand out amongst the blue. Really amazing color picking. For yerimmie's design, the little speech bubbles really made her's stand out. Great job everyone!​

AKID❀KI

Death's Mistress
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,921,164
I love how colorful and detail oriented Aki's cover is and I adore how minimal but effective and clean sooz made her design. For Baymax, I love how she made the yellow stand out amongst the blue. Really amazing color picking. For yerimmie's design, the little speech bubbles really made her's stand out. Great job everyone!​
Thanks so much! :heartublob:
Everyone really did a great job and the topic was really fun!

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
TASK-9-BANNER.png

This week Corner Candy Shop will elect their first President! All potential candidates will be required to make three campaign materials for themselves including:
  • A logo banner;
  • A campaign pin badge;
  • A piece of campaign material of the user’s choice.
Logo banner:

This will feature a unique design in a font that you feel represents you best. You can include the year, a website, a slogan, or some other small GFX to make your banner stand out. It should only be simple and eye-catching - you want people to see it and decide to vote for you!

campaign-logos.jpg

Campaign-materials.jpg

A campaign pin badge:

Just a simple badge design! Fill a circle with your nice and clear design - you can include pictures, just text or a mixture of both! It's your choice! If you like, you can create a few badges.

close-up-of-assorted-presidential-election-pins-77817797-5c4eb71ec9e77c0001d7bb41.jpg

009f213c64a4da47e47092eb3e7b0067.png

User's choice:

I'll put under the spoiler some other campaign materials that might inspire you, but you could also create something completely brand new that no one has used before. This is your campaign. Make it yours.

gettyimages-481854812.jpg

homepagegraphicbc.png

(sorry this one is small but hopefully it's clear enough!)
071ac807-f604-4b9a-b8df-b8534baae250.jpg

Submission for your campaign materials will close on March 5th at 6 PM GMT!

Once all submissions have been received, they will be published in our thread on March 6th at 6 PM GMT. Voting for the President of Corner Candy Shop nation will be open from March 6th at 6 PM GMT until March 8th at 6 PM GMT.

• You may not vote for yourself.
  • You do not have to be a member of Corner Candy Shop to vote. Non-member votes will count as 1 point, while member votes will count as 2 points.
  • You may do additional campaigning with threads to promote your Presidential campaign, but this is not required.

Prizes:

The winner will become the President of Corner Candy Shop and will be listed in the first or second post of the thread (TBD). They will receive 1 Ørb and 10k Plus Coins.

The runner-up will become the Vice-President of Corner Candy Shop and will be listed in the first or second post of the thread (TBD). They will receive 5k Plus Coins.

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
We've decided to move the deadline for task 10 forward to March 12th at 8PM GMT.

Top Bottom