Countdown to Ha:tfelt's (Park Yeeun/Yenny) Birthday - My top 5 Ha:tfelt Songs: #1 - Nothing Lasts Forever

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭388,800
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
Hello! Welcome to the conclusion of my top 5 Ha:tfelt songs! In about an hour, it will be Ha:tfelt's birthday and i hope some of you will listen in celebration!

Part 1 - Honorable Mentions
Part 2 - #5 Sky Gray
Part 3 - #4 Truth
Part 4 - #3 Bluebird
Part 5 - #2 Ain't Nobody

#1 Nothing Lasts Forever

The final track of Ha:tfelt's debut EP may just be her best song ever. In my opinion, it's one of the finest songs written period. It's got beauty in simplicity. The raw sound of the recording just adds that extra element of personality to this song as well. The story behind the track is very sad however. The song was written about a Wonder Girls fan that Yenny had met who succumbed to a brain tumor. The event had a significant impact on Yenny.

Yeeun was teary-eyed as she mentioned this. "She was a fan whom we [WG] were acquainted with the whole time. She came to our shows & fansigns. Her academic results were very good, she had always topped her school cohort until early last year. Nice personality, very cheerful. She fell ill with a brain tumor & died during the day of the college entrance exams. We [WG] had gone to the hospital to see her, but there was nothing else we could do. The news was a shock; there was no chance for a final farewell. It was my first encounter with a younger friend who passed away. She hadn't even reached adult age before she died. It was devastating. I was in grief for about a month, then wrote this song. Whenever I listen to the tune, my heart always aches."

Out of her grief, Yenny wrote one of the most beautiful touching songs ever. The final lines are especially heart breaking

왜 하필 너냐고

때론 신을 원망한다던 너
Have you found the reason why
내게도 알려주겠니

eng translated

You asked why it was you
Sometimes you resented God
Have you found the reason why

Will you tell me as well?

Something about the "have you found the reason why? will you tell me as well?" at the end always gets to me. I just think it's so poignant. These are questions we can never answer, and we have to hope that those before us have gotten their answer...but we will never know.

thanks to anyone who read any of these! I wish and hope more people will see the beauty in Yenny's work :')

Top Bottom