Damaged skin discussion

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
So hi, my main motivation for this thread is the fact I have a fun collection of scars and I was thinking about how I'm stuck with them for life. Obviously I wasn't going to name a thread "share your scar stories!!!" because I imagine that some users do not want to see that. Instead, here's a thread to discuss scars, burns and damage you've had over the years, interesting stories behind them and suggestions for reducing the damage caused by scarring in the future.

For example, I had my appendix out in December 2014 and I have three tiny scars to prove it. As soon as we removed the dressings, me and my mum regularly applied Bio Oil to the area, which allegedly reduces scarring. Now, Bio Oil is pretty expensive but they come in big bottles that will last you for a good while. We had a sample bottle and used the whole thing over two months. The scars are pretty much non-existent now. They're just raises in the skin, not white marks left behind. That's magic right there.

I also used Bio Oil for an interesting burn I got this time last year and reduce the damage massively. I got a bunch of itchy insect bites and they were driving me bananas. So my mum, the nurse, says we should put TCP on them. I agreed and suggested for the one on the front of my leg that we could hold down a TCP soaked cotton bud on it with a bandage so it gets soaked properly. My mum agrees. One hour later, we remove the bandage because it's itching more. Holy heck, the TCP burns through skin. Believe me, the original burn was big, and with the Bio Oil it's now reduced to about the size of a 50 pence coin. Magic.

Basically, If you have any stories you want to share about childhood misadventures, adult mistakes etc and how you've managed to reduce damage or learned to live with it, here's a place to share.

yerm

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
my legs are absolutely covered in bug bite scars because i scratch too much when i get them :sadpuppy:
i tried using some cream called mederma i think? but it's ridiculously expensive for a tiny little tube of the medicine so i ran out of it quickly and can't afford to get more so idk if it would have actually helped or not :feelsblankie:

Bug bites suck :sejeongcry: I'm lucky I haven't had any this year yet, but in just over a week I'm working outside in the countryside for a whole week so :teehee: I think this time I'll cover them up with plasters so I can't scratch them and make them itchy

san

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭250
i got two major scars funny enough on the same leg. one is stupidly trying to shave my leg and getting the first layer of my skin ripped like 20 cm long and second one from being mauled by my late cat so deep that it aaalmost reached my bone. i never really tried to get rid of them so they're still there

yerm

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
i got two major scars funny enough on the same leg. one is stupidly trying to shave my leg and getting the first layer of my skin ripped like 20 cm long and second one from being mauled by my late cat so deep that it aaalmost reached my bone. i never really tried to get rid of them so they're still there

Oh gosh they sound pretty bad :sejeongcry:

Danee

♥ ANSWER ♥ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭234,495
I got neck surgery 10 yrs ago and the scar looks really ugly. It came out looking unprofessional. Some people even asked me if I tried to kill myself by sliting my throat. :facepalm:
Im thinking about going to laser treatment to make it less visible but my fiance is against saying its part of me. :facepalm:
But I want to have updo on my wedding and dress focused on neck / shoulder line. :facepalm:

So Im here to see if anyone actually got treatment for it.

Top Bottom