MV-K [DEBUT] 핫이슈(HOT ISSUE) - "그라타타 (GRATATA)"

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭797,050
Yeah, that chorus ain't for me. Couldn't help but cringe while the chorus was playing which is a shame because the rest of the song was decent. I enjoyed the pre-chorus and the bridge as well as the parts of the girl who rapped second after the first chorus.

Last edited:

MedicationHelps87

Bi Racial Ruler Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,500,501
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, that chorus ain't for me. Couldn't help but cringe while the chorus was playing which is a shame because the rest of the song was decent. I enjoyed the pre-chorus and the bridge as well as the parts of the girl who rapped second after the first chorus.
I disagree the chorus is simple yeah but it's cute and works.
the video is great. And the contrasting tones of scenes I adore.

But them maybe I am a bit biased since I like my girl groups ultra cute and I guess not cringe per say but corny?

Dragon of the West

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭797,050
I disagree the chorus is simple yeah but it's cute and works.
The lyrics are what are making me find it super cringe.

"Gratata
I'm gonna shoot, shoot, shoot
You're gonna boom, boom, boom
We're gonna bang-ah, bang-ah, bang-ah
I'm a sniper"

That just comes off as cringy and tacky

MedicationHelps87

Bi Racial Ruler Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,500,501
Pronouns
He/Him
The lyrics are what are making me find it super cringe.

"Gratata
I'm gonna shoot, shoot, shoot
You're gonna boom, boom, boom
We're gonna bang-ah, bang-ah, bang-ah
I'm a sniper"

That just comes off as cringy and tacky
At least it's not a rap song about getting the p or d at least. thank GAWD. I like those only sometimes.

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
Totally agree the verses were great but the chorus was overdone and pulled the whole song down. The latata/Dx4 impact where every chorus has to have an onomatopoeia shouted at you is getting really old. Since the guy behind this group is the old Cube ceo I could tell he was aiming for another Crazy/Hobgoblin but the end result didn't land anywhere close, but there's always the next cb.

Dragon of the West

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭797,050
Totally agree the verses were great but the chorus was overdone and pulled the whole song down. The latata/Dx4 impact where every chorus has to have an onomatopoeia shouted at you is getting really old. Since the guy behind this group is the old Cube ceo I could tell he was aiming for another Crazy/Hobgoblin but the end result didn't land anywhere close, but there's always the next cb.
Yeah I'm hoping he goes for something similar to early days 4Minute. Something like What's Your Number or Volume Up would be so good. It would benefit them as well in terms of getting the group some recognition since the market for girl crush/teen crush groups seems to be saturated now.

Just look at how quickly groups like Weeekly and STAYC have been able to grow their fanbases simply because they released good songs that strayed away from that concept.

frostpuddle

Global Star Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭230,763
Generic, forgettable girl crush song, doesn't live up to its namesake Latata. Hopefully the shouting chorus trend will gradually fade away and melodic chorus would make a return.

Top Bottom