Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Manga Inspires PS4 and Smartphone Video Games

Vampire

Astarion approves. Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭85,667
The latest issue of Weekly Shonen Jump announced that hit-manga series and Anime of the Year winner, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba would inspire two new games, a “battle-royal” smartphone game, set to be released this year, and a “demon-slaying action” PlayStation 4 game.

38c497ba26c6a060ace2a65f79d6f8671584351888_full.png

The first of the games announced, Kimetsu no Yaiba: Keppu Kengeki Royale, will be available this year on iOS and Android smartphones, though there was no mention of which phones will be supported. The game pits characters from the series against each other in a “battle royale” scenario, with two teams of demons and demon slayers fighting it out in various settings from the manga and TV anime series.

The first key visual was released on March 16 (top image), and it was announced that Quatro A (Touhou Project Cannonball) will be developing the game with Soleil Game Studios (Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time) helping with development and planning.

0d54f789a162db5a2e58b1a8aefab4b81584351912_full.png

Alongside that, Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hinokami Kepputan was announced in the same issue. Not much is known about the game other than the player will be put into the role of Tanjiro helping cure Nezuko of her illness in a “demon-slaying action” scenario based on the story from the manga series. The game is set to be released in 2021. No game studio or company has been attached to the game.

Both games will be published by Aniplex (who are a subsidiary of Sony), with Ufotable and Shueisha as producers on the games. The TV anime series adaptation of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba aired last year, which was streamed on Crunchyroll as it aired, with an anime film in the works based on the Mugen Train arc from the manga by Koyoharu Gotouge.

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭85,667
Forget the games, when are we getting season 2!
i hear you! probably not until after the movie... which we don't even have a release date for that except it's supposed to be sometime this year :somicry:

BlueNose

Not to say that Im in love with you VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,195,600
dfghgf demon slayer was so successful right off the bat
clothing, and now games (not one but two)

i should watch it since i have nothing to do now

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭85,667
dfghgf demon slayer was so successful right off the bat
clothing, and now games (not one but two)

i should watch it since i have nothing to do now
yes, give it a watch and share your thoughts in hallyuplus's demon slayer thread! :gasppepe:

Top Bottom