BREAKING NEWS Dempagumi.inc adds 5 new members at Naruse Eimi's graduation concert

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Dempagumi.inc has announced the addition of 5 new members to the group. Following the departure of Naruse Eimi, this brings the lineup to a new high of 10 members.

3 members currently belong to other units as well and will hold their activities with Dempa concurrently with those groups, as NemoPero have done.

all_a-1024x585.jpg

Last edited:

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
New members are as follows:

Aikawa Kozue
Nickname: KozuKozu
Color: Light green
EuWUUFKVEAUudbT

Amasawa Rito
Nickname: Rito
Color: Navy blue
Concurrent with meme tokyo.
EuWUjrbVkAUOsCi

Kobata Rio
Nickname: Riapi
Color: Powder pink
EuWUxN1VEAABkKC

Sorano Aozora
Nickname: Aonyan
Color: Sky blue
Concurrent with ARCANA PROJECT
EuWU51GVEAg1fM4

Takasaki Hina
Nickname: Hinachan
Color: Orange
Concurrent with Nizi Fantasia
EuWVCe1UUAQEJk9

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
Amasawa Rito
Nickname: Rito
Color: Navy blue
Concurrent with meme tokyo.
EuWUjrbVkAUOsCi
not surprised about this one since last year Dempagumi lend Kanami Rin to Meme tokyo for a while,
i'm more surprised that they didn't pick Mewclub since she has been getting popular lately and even did some stuff with Nagi Nemoto

but Rito is one of my favorite members from Meme tokyo so it's nice she is getting some work too

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
not surprised about this one since last year Dempagumi lend Kanami Rin to Meme tokyo for a while,
i'm more surprised that they didn't pick Mewclub since she has been getting popular lately and even did some stuff with Nagi Nemoto

but Rito is one of my favorite members from Meme tokyo so it's nice she is getting some work too

It's entirely possible they asked her and she said no, because when DearStage says concurrent, they mean it. It's not like 48G where a concurrency meant technically a member could appear in a different city if she happened to be there but probably wouldn't. It's two full-time jobs, and NemoPero have stated that it's a ton of work but they like staying busy. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of girls aren't up for that.

Also worth considering is that a significant portion of the blowback they got when they added NemoPero was due to Nemo being NiziCon's center and Perorin being one of Beboga's most popular members. Fans thought Dempa was poaching them and their original groups would suffer as a result. Beboga obviously disbanded but the two integrated very well and Nemo is just as committed to NiziCon as she was before, but if adding members is already going to cause some consternation, maybe add a member who isn't quite as central in the group. That said, I do know Aonyan has a dedicated fanbase but I do not know what the structure of ARCANA PROJECT is so I can't say what her place is for sure. Interesting though that it is also a former BiS member project. All WACK rejects go to DearStage, I guess. Not that I'm complaining. :sanapray:

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
It also bears mentioning *cough* @Chiharu *cough* that Kozue is best known as a member of DANCEROID and went viral about a decade ago with the original choreography to Luka Luka Night Fever.

She apparently tried out for Hello!Project a few times but never got in, so I'm happy that now her dream of being a mainstream idol is coming true.

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
That's a lot of new members!

Are all of them from Dear Stage groups? If so is Dempa evolving into sort of a super group for Dear Stage?

They were all represented by DearStage already, but not all were in groups. They've evolved from a maid cafe to a full agency now, so like Kozue and Ria were represented by DearStage but were doing whatever they'd be doing anyway (YouTuber and maid cafe personnel, respectively). But Dempa hasn't ever held public auditions, at least in recent memory, all members are either scouted or pulled in from the DearStage roster.

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
It's entirely possible they asked her and she said no, because when DearStage says concurrent, they mean it. It's not like 48G where a concurrency meant technically a member could appear in a different city if she happened to be there but probably wouldn't. It's two full-time jobs, and NemoPero have stated that it's a ton of work but they like staying busy. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of girls aren't up for that.

Also worth considering is that a significant portion of the blowback they got when they added NemoPero was due to Nemo being NiziCon's center and Perorin being one of Beboga's most popular members. Fans thought Dempa was poaching them and their original groups would suffer as a result. Beboga obviously disbanded but the two integrated very well and Nemo is just as committed to NiziCon as she was before, but if adding members is already going to cause some consternation, maybe add a member who isn't quite as central in the group. That said, I do know Aonyan has a dedicated fanbase but I do not know what the structure of ARCANA PROJECT is so I can't say what her place is for sure. Interesting though

if that's the case then it makes sense, Mewclub just started a 2nd group last month "Hirune touhikou"

so a third one would be too much

aside the ex Wack members literally the only others i know are Nagi and Kaname Rin, they are pretty much everywhere and while i like them i get why it could bother fans of other members, if you want more work then first you need to get more popular but if you want to become more popular then you also need more work, etc

that it is also a former BiS member project. All WACK rejects go to DearStage, I guess. Not that I'm complaining. :sanapray:
i wish that was the case! Dearstage has been really nice to them

both Mewclub and Hana ranked last during the BiS league (Mew during the first voting and Hana in the last) as a result they got very few lines and screentime,
but now? well ARCANA PROJECT has a nice balance in how they manage the members but for example they used Hana for the Thumbnail of their debut MV

in Mewclub's case... she gets so many projects, her own photo exhibition, solo interviews, photo shoots, work with members from other groups,
they even announced for her birthday that she was allowed to start her own band, so yes, i'm really happy for her specially since she was my favorite BiS member

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
if that's the case then it makes sense, Mewclub just started a 2nd group last month "Hirune touhikou"

so a third one would be too much

aside the ex Wack members literally the only others i know are Nagi and Kaname Rin, they are pretty much everywhere and while i like them i get why it could bother fans of other members, if you want more work then first you need to get more popular but if you want to become more popular then you also need more work, etc

i wish that was the case! Dearstage has been really nice to them

both Mewclub and Hana ranked last during the BiS league (Mew during the first voting and Hana in the last) as a result they got very few lines and screentime,
but now? well ARCANA PROJECT has a nice balance in how they manage the members but for example they used Hana for the Thumbnail of their debut MV

in Mewclub's case... she gets so many projects, her own photo exhibition, solo interviews, photo shoots, work with members from other groups,
they even announced for her birthday that she was allowed to start her own band, so yes, i'm really happy for her specially since she was my favorite BiS member

Yeah, their management tries really hard to treat each unit as seriously as the members do, so if she wants to pursue both of these, Dempa was for sure out of the question.

NemoPero were very quickly accepted once everyone got over the fact that there were new members and they were in two groups. I would say the gravure helped, but honestly they got a lot of hate from the fandom when they released their joint photobook so I don't know. I can testify however that Nemo is a particularly dynamic performer live and Perorin gives a ton of fanservice. We made lots of eye contact that day. So it's not without reason that they've gotten popular.

I guess DearStage learned from their mistake once Hug Me left and went on to found WACK's most popular group. She didn't stay long, but she did write a column on getting a Brazilian wax and she deserves respect as a BiSH member for giving us that.

I wasn't particularly familiar with Arcana but I really like the styling, so now I guess I have an excuse to check them out!

Chiharu

The Worst Girl in the World Events VIP+ Tenth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,048,132
It also bears mentioning *cough* @Chiharu *cough* that Kozue is best known as a member of DANCEROID and went viral about a decade ago with the original choreography to Luka Luka Night Fever.

She apparently tried out for Hello!Project a few times but never got in, so I'm happy that now her dream of being a mainstream idol is coming true.

omg, I've seen that video. I've watched some of her other ones too :poggers:

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
omg, I've seen that video. I've watched some of her other ones too :poggers:

And now you can support a vocaloid stan as an idol :sanapray: I will welcome you to the Dempa Family with open arms. And I won't bother you but like just a little bit probably.

Top Bottom