• no

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Chiharu

The Worst Girl in the World Events VIP+ Tenth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­11,427,132
I'm curious as to whether or not those of you who are into jpop or just Japanese culture in general have picked up any Japanese along the way? I've been watching anime for years, and at this point there are a lot of words and phrases I know and can understand. (it also helps that I've been learning Japanese with duolingo)

S

Some

Yeah i can understand and speak but i can't read or write i learned from jdrama and jidol variety shows i tried to learn how read and write once my hiragana is fine and a bit of katakana here and there kanji is where i lack i recognize a few very few characters but thats about it

Polaris_Tae

πŸš€πŸš© Social Media Lead Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­461,859
Yes, I took first-year Japanese so I can string sentences together and attempt basic translations.
I can read both katakana & hiragana, though my Kanji and vocabulary is shit rn bc I haven't touched Japanese in over a year.
I'll be picking it up again once classes start next year, so anticipate that!

Vampire

Astarion approves. Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­182,409
i can't read it or write it, but i can hear and speak many phrases and words in general

Chiharu

The Worst Girl in the World Events VIP+ Tenth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­11,427,132
Yes, I took first-year Japanese so I can string sentences together and attempt basic translations.
I can read both katakana & hiragana, though my Kanji and vocabulary is shit rn bc I haven't touched Japanese in over a year.
I'll be picking it up again once classes start next year, so anticipate that!
yeah, i also took japanese classes for like 2.5 years
Impressive! I was doing duolingo for a few months, but then I lost my streak bc of a power outage and lost all motivation to continue :TzuyuKek: I should start back again.

No.1

Idol Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­292,855
Used to be a bt of a weeb as a kid, and back then it was harder to find subtitled shows so I picked up a lot of Japanese. I can't read or write, but I can hold a basic conversation or understand most of a show. I stopped practicing years ago though. :c

Top Bottom