Polaris_Tae

🚀🚩 Social Media Lead Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭671,359
If not, you're sorely missing out...
Because this year has some great stuff coming out in 2020

Tian Guan Ci Fu - the only MXTX novel that I'm yet to start
Hua Cheng: Why become a god when you can marry one (among other things ofc lmao), based on a BL web novel

Scumbag System - anticipating my favourite web novel finally getting an adaption that isn't straight up cancelled lmao
MC gets transmigrated into a harem novel, not as the centre of the harem's affection, but as the Shen Qingqiu, the Scum Villain destined to die a painful death - internally screaming just trying to survive lol, based on a BL web novel.

Tian Bao Fu Yao Lu - This looks amazing AF

Possibly even finally getting Foghill of the Five Elements

Mo Dao Zi Shi Season 3 doesn't come out until 2021 though... so sad. But they're making MDZS: Q :)

Also check out my Mo Dao Zu Shi review lol, yes this is a promotion thread for my new donghua review lol

Last edited:

boo

*¨*•.¸¸ପଓ VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭294,005
I don't watch them but i've been meaning to. maybe i will watch mo dao zi shi :HappyPar:

Polaris_Tae

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭671,359
I don't watch them but i've been meaning to. maybe i will watch mo dao zi shi :HappyPar:

Do it! MDZS is great! Takes a while to figure out the concepts if you're new to Chinese fantasy, but the payoff is great! Also, the plot and characterisation in MDZS is top tier. It's available on YT & WeTV (full subs ofc) if you ever want to get around to watching it ~

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: boo

boo

*¨*•.¸¸ପଓ VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭294,005
Do it! MDZS is great! Takes a while to figure out the concepts if you're new to Chinese fantasy, but the payoff is great! Also, the plot and characterisation in MDZS is top tier. It's available on YT & WeTV (full subs ofc) if you ever want to get around to watching it ~
Thank you!! I watch period dramas. fantasy ones are not bad. do you recommend watching the drama or donghua first? i am familiar with both chinese dramas and anime so it shouldn't take me long to get use to either.

Echo

𝕎𝕠𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕕 Early Supporters
Reaction score
⨭23,441
Watched MDZS + will definitely watch TGCF. I'll keep an eye out for the other ones you suggested here too, I trust your taste :coffee:

Polaris_Tae

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭671,359
Thank you!! I watch period dramas. fantasy ones are not bad. do you recommend watching the drama or donghua first? i am familiar with both chinese dramas and anime so it shouldn't take me long to get use to either.

I'd say the Donghua bc its shorter & closer to the OG source material, the Drama is just as amazing though they do add some things to the drama that weren't in the OG material (most of it adding to the plot for the better), it's probs my favourite drama of 2019, as you can see in my GFX set lol, (it's of Xiao Xingchen)
There's also an audio drama that's mostly translated which is also top tier:
Find the Audio Drama at Suibian Subs (via their Discord)

• Love
Reactions: boo

Polaris_Tae

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭671,359
Where do you find information/updates on upcoming shows?

I follow Donghua Reviews on YT and Twitter, as well as a number of Chinese news accounts who post a lot of news on this stuff and follow the annual conferences from Tencent and Bilibili (the main producers behind most of my favourite Donghua), also I'm heavily invested in the Web novel/MXTX community on Twitter so I mostly get my news there, Donghua Reviews makes great videos btw, here's one pops recommendation videos lol:

you should also be able to find info on MAL​

Last edited:

boo

*¨*•.¸¸ପଓ VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭294,005
I'd say the Donghua bc its shorter & closer to the OG source material, the Drama is just as amazing though they do add some things to the drama that weren't in the OG material (most of it adding to the plot for the better), it's probs my favourite drama of 2019, as you can see in my GFX set lol, (it's of Xiao Xingchen)
There's also an audio drama that's mostly translated which is also top tier:
Find the Audio Drama at Suibian Subs (via their Discord)
i will watch donghua first then! your badges are so cute :hehe:

Polaris_Tae

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭671,359
Also, for people into manhua, the manhua version of Tian Guan Ci Fu is a must read ~

498aafc729ea054db36550f68424eb28.jpeg

Top Bottom