Does anyone know anything about Ice Hockey?

Saint Ren

So Iconic - User OT Month 4 April , May AND June
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,176,025
I'm trying out for an all woman ice hockey team in January if Corona is sorted by then and I really want to watch more than the All Star Games but I don't really know where to start.

Does anyone know anything about the sport or the NHL ?​

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,350
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
what do you need to know?

giphy.gif

Saint Ren

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,176,025
what do you need to know?

giphy.gif

Okay I've done some basic ass research and watched 2 All Star Games on youtube but I'm trying to find a team to support and I don't want to just latch on to whoever won the Stanley Cup.

I guess at the moment I just want to follow a team and know who the big stars are ?

like football has Ronaldo and Messi, does Hockey have an equivalent?

hatmixx

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,350
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
Yes, Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin (in the above) are on the Pittsburgh Penguins. Crosby is generally regarded as the best all around player (there are MANY arguments to be made). The Penguins are good, and have won 3 stanley cups in the past decade. They are my team since birth. So i'm obviously gonna say choose them XD They are getting towards teh end of the dynasty as the prime players are all like 33+ years old now.

the best goal scorer and over tough as nails player is Alexander Ovechkin. he players for the HATED Washington Capitals XD. they are a penguin rival.

Ovechkin and Crosby are the Messi/Ronaldo of the NHL.

at the moment, Connor McDavid is probably the best scorer in the league, and makes a case for best player as well

what country are you from? not really sure how you can watch many games at this time. I know the NHL channel is currently running old games, but i doubt you have that.

if you wanna watch a full game, you can check this one out. it was a great game, and i was there!

Saint Ren

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,176,025
Yes, Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin (in the above) are on the Pittsburgh Penguins. Crosby is generally regarded as the best all around player (there are MANY arguments to be made). The Penguins are good, and have won 3 stanley cups in the past decade. They are my team since birth. So i'm obviously gonna say choose them XD They are getting towards teh end of the dynasty as the prime players are all like 33+ years old now.

the best goal scorer and over tough as nails player is Alexander Ovechkin. he players for the HATED Washington Capitals XD. they are a penguin rival.

Ovechkin and Crosby are the Messi/Ronaldo of the NHL.

at the moment, Connor McDavid is probably the best scorer in the league, and makes a case for best player as well

what country are you from? not really sure how you can watch many games at this time. I know the NHL channel is currently running old games, but i doubt you have that.

if you wanna watch a full game, you can check this one out. it was a great game, and i was there!

Oh wow thanks! I'll defo check out the game, I'm from england, I recognise Ove from the All Star Game, he scored the most accurate hits in the skills assessment

hatmixx

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,350
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
Oh wow thanks! I'll defo check out the game, I'm from england, I recognise Ove from the All Star Game, he scored the most accurate hits in the skills assessment

Yes he's really good. but also realize that he's the enemy XD

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
For the last 10+ years, Ovetchkin and Crosby have been the biggest stars/greatest forwards in the game afaik

Since the fall of the Soviet Union, Canada can be considered the greatest national hockey team. It's their national sport. Other top national teams are Russia, Sweden, Finland (they've had a very talented generation recently), USA and the Czech Republic.

For female athletes, Canada and the USA dominate.

Last edited:

Carefree

Real/Fiction Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,280
I don't really watch much anymore, but I can say that the Alberta hockey teams are not particularly highly regarded in their cities, due to either their perpetual wheel spinning, or consistent disappointment for nearly three decades.

That being said, Edmonton is still a very fun team to watch since they have Connor McDavid, the best attacking player in the league imo (he is so fun to watch), and his sidekick Leon Draisaitl is also an incredible player in his own right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom