Does Netflix finally have some competition ?

Saint Ren

So Iconic - User OT Month 4 April , May AND June
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,176,025
With Disney Plus and HBO Max coming out in 2019 & 2020 things are looking pretty interesting in the Streaming World.

They both have top notch content right out of the gate.

Disney Plus has big-budget Star Wars and the Marvel films -- Avenger's Endgame will be available to stream starting Dec. 11 -- plus all the Pixar movies and a bunch of original shows and movies based on those franchises and others.

HBO Max has Friends, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Pretty Little Liars and more. New shows from Kaley Cucou, Anna Kendrick and flicks from Greg Berlanti and Reese Witherspoon will live on the new streaming platform.

We've seen a few streaming platforms over the years but I think this is the first time I've thought Netflix might have some competition in the market.

lira

☆ la sirena ☆ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭180,535
Disney is def the biggest competition... They'll have all those Marvel new shows and the Star Wars show
Other than Disney, I'd say Amazon is the biggest threat when it comes to the tv streaming realm, their Lord of the Rings tv shows is gonna be lit... Then you have Hulu that actually manages to win awards left and right, but they're basically owned by Disney (and Comcast) so lol

Po'etry

High Priestess Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,995,878
I'm getting HBO Max.

tenor.gif

When is tvN going to create "The Fresh Prince of Apgujeong-dong"?

Saint Ren

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,176,025
Disney is def the biggest competition... They'll have all those Marvel new shows and the Star Wars show
Other than Disney, I'd say Amazon is the biggest threat when it comes to the tv streaming realm, their Lord of the Rings tv shows is gonna be lit... Then you have Hulu that actually manages to win awards left and right, but they're basically owned by Disney (and Comcast) so lol

I never really thought we'd see the day Netflix was in trouble. Disney + is going to be huge, Marvel / Star Wars fans are going to watch for all the spin offs. I hate superhero stuff so I'll stay clear but Amazon Prime's Lord of the Rings Series and The Expanse means I'm finally considering getting it and HBO Max is now on my radar for Gossip Girl and the GOT spin offs, I doubt I'll pay for all 3, 2 max and apart from Stranger Things & 3% I don't watch Netflix original content

lira

☆ la sirena ☆ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭180,535
I never really thought we'd see the day Netflix was in trouble. Disney + is going to be huge, Marvel / Star Wars fans are going to watch for all the spin offs. I hate superhero stuff so I'll stay clear but Amazon Prime's Lord of the Rings Series and The Expanse means I'm finally considering getting it and HBO Max is now on my radar for Gossip Girl and the GOT spin offs, I doubt I'll pay for all 3, 2 max and apart from Stranger Things & 3% I don't watch Netflix original content

I'm thinking we'll have a tv season with Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Witcher plus the GOT spin offs, this race is gonna get me super entertained lmaooo I hope the quality for all these shows will be top notch

Saint Ren

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,176,025
I'm thinking we'll have a tv season with Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Witcher plus the GOT spin offs, this race is gonna get me super entertained lmaooo I hope the quality for all these shows will be top notch

TV has been in such a slump for years, I'm so glad this fight is happening, I'm finally excited about shows again.

hutazone

kitzbühel winner '19 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,420
tbh i was considering quitting netflix for Amazon prime so I can watch live sports :sip:

SM's Kunta Kinte Silence

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,335
I don't know about all that...

What I do know is... I'm only paying for one service and anything else I am going to be pirated from other third party sites like Gomovies.

The first 7 seasons of Game of Thrones I watched illegally. Did the same for Young Justice Season 3 as well as Voltron.

Idk who Disney or HBO think they playing. Tho, I mighr get HBO for their new Gamw of Throne spin off.

tokki

Awards Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭642,820
Disney+, HBO Max, Amazon Prime and Hulu are probably the biggest competitions for now imo...they have enough popular content each where it's not a problem of "well I want to stream this show.....but I don't care about any of their other content so I'll cancel my subscription when I finish the show/I'll only renew my subscription when new seasons of my favorites are released" - that's a problem that a lot of the other streaming services tend to have.

For other services besides the ones I mentioned, I feel like most people will just find alternative means to watch the show (buying physical DVDs, pirating, watching syndicated episodes on TV if any channel still airs it [like FRIENDS and The Office, I see them still on TV quite often], buying the digital seasons on iTunes or Amazon, etc). It's just not worth it to pay $10+ a month for a service just for one show or two shows, you know? Unless you're made of money - but I think most of us would rather use that $10+ on something we'd get more use out of. I know I would.

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
imo no. it's hard to beat netflix's brand value. it has a solid foothold now. especially if they're all charging subscriptions. people want a place where everything is in one place. otherwise they're just going to go back to torrents

Top Bottom