ANNOUNCEMENT Donations

Ackerman

Everything Everywhere All at Once Administrator
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭14,403,084
Hello community of H+

We are glad that H+ is a home for many of you, and hope you and your loved ones are safe and healthy in these complicated times.

This is always an awkward situation, but we are approaching that time of year where server costs are due, which also means we are almost a year old! Time flies...

Although we have ads they basically make next to nothing. Our traffic is not up to par with older and more established communities. We could setup ads like in those sites that offer free games or music with ads popping up everywhere and spamming you with fake notifications to make real revenue. But we won't do that, intrusive ads are not what we want. So we must rely on donations this year as well.

For those that do not know, we use a dedicated server. Dedicated servers are costly, but we wanted something that wouldn't bring us problems with resources and would allow us to expand if ever need to. We have cheaper lesser options if we are forced to downgrade, but we would prefer to keep our robust server capabilities. The cost of this year's renewal is $1,959.88 due on June 27th.

There are a couple hundred dollars left over from last years donations, so we really need $1,759.88, but the more we get the better as there is always costs to plugins and new themes. All of this comes from our wonderful H+ community but I have supplemented costs when needed from my own pocket.

We can try to aim for a VPS server, which costs $800/yr.

There is absolutely no obligation to donate, but we will have a donations button on the sidebar and we may promote this thread a few times throughout this month and the next. Once the funding has reached the amount needed we will remove all donations promotions like we did last time to avoid clutter.

Below will be donation links where for those who wish for H+ to strive can donate. There is a Patreon account for anyone who wants to donate monthly, or PayPal for a one time donation. Either will be immensely appreciated. If there are other donation methods you would like to use, feel free to contact me and we can discuss.

We also have a Donations group setup for all those that donate. Donation perks are also available, we have a list here

Be sure to include your username when donating or send either @Galaxy or @El Viejo or @Aerith a PM.

By donating, you are helping this new community have a chance at growing even more and become a place for all fans of Asian entertainment to keep enjoying themselves. Any help given is appreciated and we want you to know we will do our best to deliver a quality experience to all of you.

Thank you.

Last edited:

UMJI MOODS

엄지는 내 장미 VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭44,306,013
It might serve you to post the goal where it is visible all the time. Maybe with updates on percentage of goal reached. People tend to be goal oriented.

Ackerman

Everything Everywhere All at Once Administrator
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭14,403,084
It might serve you to post the goal where it is visible all the time. Maybe with updates on percentage of goal reached. People tend to be goal oriented.
I was looking into this because you are correct, if people see a goal it motivates them. Hopefully I get what I need to implement this pretty soon.

Top Bottom