Earn 1k coins for your honest song review

grainy

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
Listen to a Hebe Tien song or cover and review it honestly and I'll give you 1k.
- bonus 500 coins if it's a favourite of mine
- bonus 500 coins if I like your review.

Post the link to the video together with your review.
I don't really care if you like or don't like the song, please just say what you think.
I just want to be able to tell that you listened to it - she's my favourite singer and I just want to share her music, that's all.

Additional rules:
- this ends when I've given out 50k, or on the 22nd at 8pm GST
- you cannot review A Little Happiness
- you cannot review a song someone else has reviewed before.
- no required review length, it can be one line or an essay, so long as I can tell you did listen.
- you can review up to 5 songs if you so wish
- you might find more of her songs if you enter the name 田馥甄
- i might not check back on this thread until the deadline

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
If anyone's wondering how to find her songs, I'll post some Youtube links:

Hebe Tien playlist (most of her MVs):

Album playlists:
To Hebe

My Love

Insignificance

Everyday

Her most recent songs can be found on her official YT page

OutroTearTheFirst

Oh, I'm sorry, but nobody does evil the way I do! Fourth Place HoE
Reaction score
On a picnic with gasppepe eating nugget peepo
Plus Coins
⨭30,050
Pronouns
She/Her

Ok so when the MAN started to sing I was like, “ huh? I thought this was a woman?” But then eventually she started to sing as well lmao. I really enjoy the parts when she enters the song because the song starts to have a nice beat to it, as opposed to the beginning. I like that the bridge takes us back to how the song started, with just a piano. I’m not in love with it, but I do find it very pretty. If I were rating it out of ten it would get a seven.​

Polaris_Tae

🚀🚩 Social Media Lead Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭667,759
Wuji is still my SOTY but she sounds nice, kind like some of the stuff that my mom used to listen to but 10 x better bc she seems to be able to combine easy listening with heavy hitting beats such as heavy drum solos. (I listened to Stay)

This is Wuji btw:

Last edited:

Nayeonnie

Lesbian ♡ Gg Stan♡ 2nd Gen Princess ♡ Brazil
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭173,405
The song is a pretty ballad and then gets a tiny bit faster but still a ballad and it's pretty nice to chill to. It's so emotional though, and I found the MV so sad. Her voice is amazing and she's real pretty but I already knew that lol. I already like Mandopop and kinda knew her but not this song.

Bellamy

Be strong, be brave〰 VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭29,760,214
Pronouns
She/Her

About the video: i like the colors and the vibe, she is beautiful and i LOVE the eyes makeup on min 1:14.

About the song: She has a pleassant voice. It's a little repetitive wich is not bad, but doesn't have anything catchy or memorable. It's not my type of song, but it isn't a bad song: i f i'm listening a playlist and i'm unable to change to other song, i wouldn't matter. It's an "ok" song.
(I really like the guitar chords at the end)
Edit: i didn't realize it has eng subs....:facepalm: But i like the fact that the lyrics are positive and goes well with the vibe of the video.

Last edited:

grainy

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
Ok so when the MAN started to sing I was like, “ huh? I thought this was a woman?” But then eventually she started to sing as well lmao. I really enjoy the parts when she enters the song because the song starts to have a nice beat to it, as opposed to the beginning. I like that the bridge takes us back to how the song started, with just a piano. I’m not in love with it, but I do find it very pretty. If I were rating it out of ten it would get a seven.​
I was surprised when I first heard it too. This is the only collab song on her 4 albums so far actually! Bit surprised you picked this one :) 1.5k for you because I can tell you were paying attention to the song too. It's not a favourite of mine.

Wuji is still my SOTY but she sounds nice, kind like some of the stuff that my mom used to listen to but 10 x better bc she seems to be able to combine easy listening with heavy hitting beats such as heavy drum solos. (I listened to Stay)

This is Wuji btw:
Stay is interesting because it's a live recorded song actually, she was toying with a completely live recorded series before leaving her company. I'm glad you picked that one, but 1k for you because it's still not a favourite of mine.

Seems you like more historical songs? Or Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan?

The song is a pretty ballad and then gets a tiny bit faster but still a ballad and it's pretty nice to chill to. It's so emotional though, and I found the MV so sad. Her voice is amazing and she's real pretty but I already knew that lol. I already like Mandopop and kinda knew her but not this song.
This song was released in 2010 actually, that's understandable! It was the song that really sealed her place as a solo artiste, coming from such a famous idol group (S.H.E). It's her solo debut title. The style was different enough that for a while some people were actually confused by the "this newly debuted Tian Fuzhen looks a lot like Hebe" jokes at the time. 1k coins for you. It's not a current favourite.

amazong 10/10 would stream on twitter :shablob:
I agree but I can't give you coins lmao

About the video: i like the colors and the vibe, she is beautiful and i LOVE the eyes makeup on min 1:14.

About the song: She has a pleassant voice. It's a little repetitive wich is not bad, but doesn't have anything catchy or memorable. It's not my type of song, but it isn't a bad song: i f i'm listening a playlist and i'm unable to change to other song, i wouldn't matter. It's an "ok" song.
(I really like the guitar chords at the end)
Edit: i didn't realize it has eng subs....:facepalm: But i like the fact that the lyrics are positive and goes well with the vibe of the video.

1.5k for you, because I can tell you were paying attention to the song/mv! It's indeed fairly flat structurally but that's the slightly restrained vibe she's going for I believe. It's not a favourite song.

You're all welcome to review another song, of course - and I'll give you a hint for the bonus 500 - a few of my favourite songs are OSTs, and even if a song isn't my favourite, the live version might be a favourite live version, especially the ones from this year.

Last edited:

Lemon Detox

🥚🐣🐥🐤🦅 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭82,525
I've heard of Hebe from S.H.E but never really stopped to listen to her music before, until I had to listen to this song once for a game and I was so impressed. Her voice is really beautiful and soothing. I love how the instrumental progresses through the song, starting with the guitar and then adding drums, a glockenspiel-like instrument (?) and finally synths. The lyrics are so lovely too

Also not a review, just want to promote her OST with Jing Boran for Beauty and The Beast! :heartpar:

grainy

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
I've heard of Hebe from S.H.E but never really stopped to listen to her music before, until I had to listen to this song once for a game and I was so impressed. Her voice is really beautiful and soothing. I love how the instrumental progresses through the song, starting with the guitar and then adding drums, a glockenspiel-like instrument (?) and finally synths. The lyrics are so lovely too
Also not a review, just want to promote her OST with Jing Boran for Beauty and The Beast! :heartpar:
Because of Blue during one of those playlist games? :omgwhat: i love ha
Yes I find her voice really soothing too! :) I think that's why I listen to her so much really, especially when I'm working.
This song is actually a cover, refreshed for a movie OST. I enjoyed the original, but this more modern version I like maybe a bit more. As a fan, I also appreciate that it's in the same style as LOVE, with the marching beat.

you can explore her discography/covers for coins if you want haha, you can review 4 more if you like :).
1.5k coins because I can tell you listened.
Neither songs are in my top 5 favourite list.
.25k bonus cause I felt happy seeing your review.

Lemon Detox

🥚🐣🐥🐤🦅 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭82,525
Because of Blue during one of those playlist games? :omgwhat: i love ha
Yes I find her voice really soothing too! :) I think that's why I listen to her so much really, especially when I'm working.
This song is actually a cover, refreshed for a movie OST. I enjoyed the original, but this more modern version I like maybe a bit more. As a fan, I also appreciate that it's in the same style as LOVE, with the marching beat.

you can explore her discography/covers for coins if you want haha, you can review 4 more if you like :).
1.5k coins because I can tell you listened.
Neither songs are in my top 5 favourite list.
.25k bonus cause I felt happy seeing your review.
Yes, it was her who submitted it!
Ohh I had no idea it was a cover. It suits her voice pretty well though!

grainy

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
Yes, it was her who submitted it!
Ohh I had no idea it was a cover. It suits her voice pretty well though!
Ay! I think her best quality is that she manages to make all the songs she covers sound like hers... and to some extent I actually like some covers more than I like her original songs

Top Bottom