Vanilla Cupcake

뉴이스트 ❤️ 동호회 🐯 Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭606,065
ELKIE | BayPlus Magazine Interview

Video: BayPlus
Translation: Vanilla Cupcake

Hello, friends of “BayPlus”, how are you doing? I’m Chong Ting Yan (Elkie). Come browse “BayPlus” digital magazine, and use this brand new way to learn about the beauty of Chinese traditional culture.

Q: If you can start again, which moment in 2020 would you like to relive?
A: I think everything went quite well. I think I should leave what was in the past behind. Every day has its own meaning, I don’t choose to start again.

Q: What is the first thing you would do if you wake up as a guy?
A: I would first call my mom and scare her. Then I would take a crazy number of selfies and post them on Weibo to see everyone’s reactions.

Q: If you were to join a survival show, what rank do you think you can achieve?
A: Survival show… Maybe top 5…

Q: Who is your favorite Chinese artist?
A: Since I was a kid, I love Andy Lau. I grew up watching his movies. I also listen to his music. I felt that he has the word brilliant written on his face. Just like his aura, his manners, they are especially good.

Q: What is the difference between life in a group vs life as a solo artist?
A: When I was in a group, I can do everything with a buddy. We work hard together, and we share a lot of responsibilities. At the same time, we have to coordinate with each other. I just started as a solo artist. I felt that I have to take care of all the responsibility by myself. But at the same time, I can do anything I want to do.

Q: Do you play any video games? How are your video games skills?
A: Good question! Those who know me know I really don’t like to play video games. I especially don’t have the talents to play video games. Earlier, some friends pulled me [into the pit] (T/N: A Chinese saying for “getting into a habit / obsession”), and they want to pull me into playing video games. So, I unwillingly downloaded the game, and I am learning how to play right now. I can’t say I’m at any particular level right now, because I am just not there yet. I can just say I’m still slowly searching for the joys of playing video games.

Q: Would you want to try to restart your acting career in the future?
A: Hmm… I always wanted to do that, because I have experience with acting since I was young. Now that I’m older now, I want to try out more types of characters, so I quite look forward to this.

Q: Regarding your future work, do you think they will be more tailored towards the general public or will they be more artistic?
A: For me, I will continue to follow my own style. Whether it is considered as more general or artistic, that would depend on everyone’s judgment. I don’t know what everyone likes, so I will prepare more roles then…

Q: What is your favorite dessert? Do you have any special eating habits?
A: Oh desserts, I think, it depends on the time of the year… Lately, because winter solstice was just here, I prefer something simple, like red dates sweet soup. I have been drinking that lately. I think it is healthy for the body, and it is quite good.

Q: What is your favorite traditional holiday?
A: I love New Year, especially Chinese New Year, because everyone can get together with their family. And you can visit friends and families, collect red pockets, eat rice cakes, and play Chinese New Year games. I think it is especially pleasant.

Speed Q&A

Q: Do you procrastinate?

A: No.

Q: Do you like winter?
A: Yes. I was born in winter.

Q: Did you do anything you regret in the last three months?
A: No, I don’t regret anything.

Q: Do you search for yourself through social media?
A: Yes… Everyday….

Q: Do you have a favorite video game streamer?
A: No, I don’t watch them.

Q: Do you use any other accounts to surf the web?
A: Surf the web? Like to browse? Yes.

Q: Now that you returned to China, do you worry that without any dance stages, your dancing skills will get weaker?
A: I think definitely yes.

Q: Do you care about horoscopes and astrological signs?
A: Yes.

Q: Do you photoshop your selfies?
A: Sometimes, maybe? Mostly yes.

Q: Did you lie in any of the questions we asked?
A: No, definitely not.

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭381,900
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
bayplus interviewing a BAEplus :tears: i hope she succeeds beyond her wildest dreams :somicry:

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭381,900
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
ELKIE | BayPlus Magazine Interview

Video: BayPlus
Translation: Vanilla Cupcake

Hello, friends of “BayPlus”, how are you doing? I’m Chong Ting Yan (Elkie). Come browse “BayPlus” digital magazine, and use this brand new way to learn about the beauty of Chinese traditional culture.

Q: If you can start again, which moment in 2020 would you like to relive?
A: I think everything went quite well. I think I should leave what was in the past behind. Every day has its own meaning, I don’t choose to start again.

Q: What is the first thing you would do if you wake up as a guy?
A: I would first call my mom and scare her. Then I would take a crazy number of selfies and post them on Weibo to see everyone’s reactions.

Q: If you were to join a survival show, what rank do you think you can achieve?
A: Survival show… Maybe top 5…

Q: Who is your favorite Chinese artist?
A: Since I was a kid, I love Andy Lau. I grew up watching his movies. I also listen to his music. I felt that he has the word brilliant written on his face. Just like his aura, his manners, they are especially good.

Q: What is the difference between life in a group vs life as a solo artist?
A: When I was in a group, I can do everything with a buddy. We work hard together, and we share a lot of responsibilities. At the same time, we have to coordinate with each other. I just started as a solo artist. I felt that I have to take care of all the responsibility by myself. But at the same time, I can do anything I want to do.

Q: Do you play any video games? How are your video games skills?
A: Good question! Those who know me know I really don’t like to play video games. I especially don’t have the talents to play video games. Earlier, some friends pulled me [into the pit] (T/N: A Chinese saying for “getting into a habit / obsession”), and they want to pull me into playing video games. So, I unwillingly downloaded the game, and I am learning how to play right now. I can’t say I’m at any particular level right now, because I am just not there yet. I can just say I’m still slowly searching for the joys of playing video games.

Q: Would you want to try to restart your acting career in the future?
A: Hmm… I always wanted to do that, because I have experience with acting since I was young. Now that I’m older now, I want to try out more types of characters, so I quite look forward to this.

Q: Regarding your future work, do you think they will be more tailored towards the general public or will they be more artistic?
A: For me, I will continue to follow my own style. Whether it is considered as more general or artistic, that would depend on everyone’s judgment. I don’t know what everyone likes, so I will prepare more roles then…

Q: What is your favorite dessert? Do you have any special eating habits?
A: Oh desserts, I think, it depends on the time of the year… Lately, because winter solstice was just here, I prefer something simple, like red dates sweet soup. I have been drinking that lately. I think it is healthy for the body, and it is quite good.

Q: What is your favorite traditional holiday?
A: I love New Year, especially Chinese New Year, because everyone can get together with their family. And you can visit friends and families, collect red pockets, eat rice cakes, and play Chinese New Year games. I think it is especially pleasant.

Speed Q&A

Q: Do you procrastinate?

A: No.

Q: Do you like winter?
A: Yes. I was born in winter.

Q: Did you do anything you regret in the last three months?
A: No, I don’t regret anything.

Q: Do you search for yourself through social media?
A: Yes… Everyday….

Q: Do you have a favorite video game streamer?
A: No, I don’t watch them.

Q: Do you use any other accounts to surf the web?
A: Surf the web? Like to browse? Yes.

Q: Now that you returned to China, do you worry that without any dance stages, your dancing skills will get weaker?
A: I think definitely yes.

Q: Do you care about horoscopes and astrological signs?
A: Yes.

Q: Do you photoshop your selfies?
A: Sometimes, maybe? Mostly yes.

Q: Did you lie in any of the questions we asked?
A: No, definitely not.

i didnt realize you did the translations at first! thanks! :somicry:

Top Bottom