Even though BlackPink's How You Like That will be the most relevant KPop Song of 2020, the K-O-R-E-A-N-S will vote IU's Eight as #1 song of year.

yknok

Nugu Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭273,220
Yknok has said many times that Koreans simply do not deserve KPop, because even though KPop is the most important genre of Pop in the world, the K-O-R-E-A-N-S tended to vote for nonKPop songs.

That's why KPop's Senior Singer, at the advanced age of 27, is treated like the top singer despite of the small fact that she has never earned a cent outside of Asia.

BlackPink's new song is creating a sensation around the world and is the most viewed KPop song in 24 hours, and will probably hit a billion this year.

But, the Koreans will be more willing to vote for Eight than How You Like That, because they are K-O-R-E-A-N-S.

Korean men over 30 voted Im Changjung's song, which doesn't even have an English title, as #1 and significantly derailed Twice's path. Whether they thought it was kind of patriotic, because Twice has Japanese members, I don't know.

It is almost like Koreans want to go against the flow of world's opinion, like it kept itself outside from foreign influence for 500 years from 1392 to about 1894.

Will the Koreans ever change their ways? I do not see it, which is the tragedy.

yknok

Nugu Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭273,220
Eight was actually a good song, the same cant be said for hylt.
The kPOP songs this year have been extremely disappointing in general, imo

Since no concerts are possible, people are not really putting too much effort making songs.

Eight was actually a project by IU and Suga to give El Capitxn (the guy in IU's Friday where he sang a few notes) a job.

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
Comparatively speaking tho-in term of at least Korean charting which is what is paramount for end of the year awards most of the time you really can't compare HYLT with Eight, certainly not Any Song.

Their charting at this point is already far beyond what HYLT is capable off. Multiple weeks at number 1, hundreds of PAK hours 900-1m ul for days...

It's really not even close.

Seriously

Pretty 💜 Psycho Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭42,950
Eight was actually a good song, the same cant be said for hylt.
Tea was spilled
456002030964834314.gif

yknok

Nugu Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭273,220
Comparatively speaking tho-in term of at least Korean charting which is what is paramount for end of the year awards most of the time you really can't compare HYLT with Eight, certainly not Any Song.

Their charting at this point is already far beyond what HYLT is capable off. Multiple weeks at number 1, hundreds of PAK hours 900-1m ul for days...

It's really not even close.
It is unlikely that Lee Jieun would be coming to an award show. Zico, I don't know. He might accept the Song of the Year award since after giving every single award to BTS last year the award organizers might be going for a variety.

But HYLT is a world hit, and it is unfortunate that Koreans get to decide who gets the No.1 song title, not the people of world

yknok

Nugu Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭273,220
''at the advanced age of 27'', BP oldest member will be 26 in some months, stop exaggerating IU age at least lmaoo
IU is a Senior Singer, so even at 21 years old when she received the Lifetime Achievement Award on 2014, she was of an advanced age.
Imagine comparing eigth with hylt lmao
Worldwide hylt is much more popular than eight

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
It is unlikely that Lee Jieun would be coming to an award show. Zico, I don't know. He might accept the Song of the Year award since after giving every single award to BTS last year the award organizers might be going for a variety.

But HYLT is a world hit, and it is unfortunate that Koreans get to decide who gets the No.1 song title, not the people of world
You over look a crucial point-BTS will be at almost all award shows-they will be getting Arty and Aoty....who will be with them? Suga the producer and .ft on Eight...he will be collecting Soty in all likely hood.

I mean in a couple of week's time HYLT will be lower than Eight on the charts. Just give it time.

BlueNose

Not to say that Im in love with you VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,195,600
I think it’s best to wait a bit to compare them. Hylt doesn’t even have a week of charting yet and we don’t know it’s gaon points. Tho it’s definitely got the biggest hype for an idol group so far into this year seeing all the roof hits and ULs
i think gone are the days where idol songs became national hits on the level of solos and regular artists. But maybe hylt will show me wrong since I’ve only seen positive translated comments and it’s doing well for the first week so far

LUEN

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭462,150
Koreans will vote for Any Song, real Song of the Year.
ARMY will vote for Eight.
BLINK will vote for How You Like That.

That's the truth.

zai

HIP HOP RAPPER Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
any song should be the real SOTY imo, idk if ZICO will attend award show or not..

at first i thought 2020 will be RV year with Psycho doing so well but it turns out the song doing same pace like Fancy-KTL now, not that huge hits but still hits.

Eight is also great contender but released late, HYLT was groundbreaking song but it was released late also..

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,700
Since no concerts are possible, people are not really putting too much effort making songs.

Eight was actually a project by IU and Suga to give El Capitxn (the guy in IU's Friday where he sang a few notes) a job.
A job? Isn't he having a blast in his career as producer already?

Top Bottom