Stannie

Philippians 4:11-13
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
QzJVvLK.png

gfx cr: @Bchip

Hello :poggers:

This was supposed to be up last month, but real life happened and hence, the delay. Anyhow, in this thread, we’re going to address the suggestions made with regard to +cards, as well as provide some updates on what we have planned for the next few months.

Gamer Elite System

First thing first, it was brought up during the 2022 HoE reveal that we were considering removing the gamer elite system altogether. After reading through all the feedback, we have decided to retain this system since it’s a big part of our gaming culture here. However, while we will continue to give out elite points and hold HoE yearly, we will no longer be having the top 10 elites monthly. We will discuss and try to come up with something else as a replacement for this and will let you know once we do.

Let’s Talk: +Card - Response

We’d like to preface this by thanking everyone for all the suggestions. It’d be ideal to be able to make them all happen, but there were different factors that needed to be considered; so, after going over each of them as a team and discussing which ones we could or could not implement, below are the results of our discussion.

Suggestions we are onboard with:

“Blank card” or “wild card” result

We’ll be including some “wild cards” when doing RNG for the orders going forward. The wild cards will contain different star levels. If the RNG result of your order happens to land on one of these wild cards, you will get to choose a card from the corresponding star level. For example, say you buy a 1-3 star pack, this pack will have 3 wild cards - one for each of the star levels (1, 2, and 3). If one of your RNG results is a 3-star wild card, you get a 3-star card of your choice.

Rewards for a complete set
We agreed that rewarding users for having a complete set of certain groups is a good idea. We also agreed with the suggestion of allowing “cross-edition” when it comes to complete sets. What this basically means is you’ll receive the reward as long as you have collected cards of all members from a group, regardless of which edition the cards are from. For example, with Blackpink, you can have 1st Edition’s Jisoo and Lisa and Oct Edition’s Jennie and Rose, and that’d still be considered a complete set.

We still are unsure what would make good rewards for this. So feel free to drop your suggestions in the linked google form if you have any ideas for this.

Suggestions we are unable to fully implement, but can “meet halfway” with:

Guaranteed to receive at least a card of the highest star level from the "premium" packs (i.e. a 4-star from 1-4 star pack or 5-star from 1-5 star pack)
Before we came up with +cards, we'd experienced a period of stagnation where users didn't see value in things such as orb items enough to be motivated and spend on them. A good part of the “thrill” in card collection and what makes it work, in our opinion, comes from rarity and randomness. In theory, it’d be great to get what you want all the time, but in reality, those things would lose their value if they were too easily obtained. Our goal truly isn't to make you spend more but to sustain the card system for the long run and for the betterment of the forum's activity.

Simply put, we will not be able to move forward with this suggestion. What we will do as a compromise to help improve the probability of getting higher-star cards, however, is remove all the 1-star cards from the RNG of the premium packs. In other words, the 1-4 star and 1-5 star packs will now be changed to 2-4 star and 2-5 star packs, respectively. The prices will remain the same as before.

Game Characters
We’re open to including these in the 2nd edition. The consensus of our discussion is that they will be included/combined with the anime pack in the 2nd edition. As this will affect the RNG of those who buy anime packs and vice versa, we’re going to let you vote on this (see google form linked). The choices are: 1) include game characters in the 2nd edition and mix them with anime; or 2) not include them in the 2nd edition at all. If the latter is voted by the majority, they will get to appear in special editions instead from time to time.

Actresses/Actors
After discussing among us, we will not be including these in the 2nd edition. They might appear in special editions every now and then, however.

What’s Next?

*Changes/adjustments regarding “wild card” results and higher star packs will be implemented effective 03/01/22.
*Complete set reward will be implemented once we have decided/agreed on what the actual reward will be.
*Game characters will be included in the 2nd edition IF the majority agree with what’s noted above (see google form linked).
*Our next event is set for mid-March.
*Surveys for the 2nd edition +cards will also be held between this month and March. Hoping to release it in April.
*Starting in March, all games and qualified activities will give out 1 random card via RNG to one of the participants. The star level and edition of the rng’d card will vary depending on various factors.

There are a few other things that haven’t been solidified yet, so these are all the announcements for now.

Until next time :magicpar:

@Gamer Squad

This will be closed on 03/01/22 at 5 PM EST.

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭34,650
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
I like these changes and thanks for the compromise. At least removing 1 star cards removes like a billion results from the premiums, better than nothing!

TY for all this and adding Nmixx cards in the next set :sanapray:

Last edited:

Chomiczewska

Hamster First Place HoE Chomi
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭25,170,349
hold HoE yearly
Good, good, I'd be left banner-less otherwise :magicpar:
What this basically means is you’ll receive the reward as long as you have collected cards of all members from a group, regardless of which edition the cards are from.
:JudgyDubu: This is Chippie's way of forcing me into getting that oogly Bambam card isn't it?
Surveys for the 2nd edition +cards will also be held between this month and March. Hoping to release it in April.
I tired to make it more overall question, but my english has failed me lol Since GOT7 didn't have a comeback since 2020 could they even get new cards in 2nd edition? :pandasantathink:

Stannie

Philippians 4:11-13
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
I tired to make it more overall question, but my english has failed me lol Since GOT7 didn't have a comeback since 2020 could they even get new cards in 2nd edition? :pandasantathink:

i thiiink Chip was saying their solos would be used instead but don't quote me on this:hulaminus:

Bellamy

Be strong, be brave〰 VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭30,778,514
Pronouns
She/Her
Ohh interesting:Slime:

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
*Starting in March, all games and qualified activities will give out 1 random card via RNG to one of the participants. The star level and edition of the rng’d card will vary depending on various factors.

Gaming is back on the menu :pandasantacookie:

These plans all sound great to me. I haven't made up my mind on game characters yet.

Vampire

Astarion approves. Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭85,667
Yay blank card/wild card slots! :partydogo:

Depending on what the reward is for completing a set, that could be fun. I could also see it not really being something for me, though... :youdontsay:

What we will do as a compromise to help improve the probability of getting higher-star cards, however, is remove all the 1-star cards from the RNG of the premium packs. In other words, the 1-4 star and 1-5 star packs will now be changed to 2-4 star and 2-5 star packs, respectively. The prices will remain the same as before.
Thank you for this compromise! Sounds good. :bakacat:

*Changes/adjustments regarding “wild card” results and higher star packs will be implemented effective 03/01/22.
*Our next event is set for mid-March.
*Surveys for the 2nd edition +cards will also be held between this month and March. Hoping to release it in April.
EXCITING :happymagi:
@Winter Air Hopefully we can get you your first +Card(s) with the upcoming event!
flexing-anime.gif

Also, I'm 100% for video game characters being included in with the anime packs, and I voted as such! :TeaPar:

Winter Air

🎲
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭933,875
Yay blank card/wild card slots! :partydogo:

Depending on what the reward is for completing a set, that could be fun. I could also see it not really being something for me, though... :youdontsay:

Thank you for this compromise! Sounds good. :bakacat:

EXCITING :happymagi:
@Winter Air Hopefully we can get you your first +Card(s) with the upcoming event!
flexing-anime.gif

Also, I'm 100% for video game characters being included in with the anime packs, and I voted as such! :TeaPar:
yeah don't I know it!

Looking forward to the.....Gacha.... :youdontsay:

Top Bottom