Ex-AKB48 member, Hirata Rina revealed her salary during her time in AKB.

nsh21

Kenkyuusei
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭900
Ex-AKB48 member Hirata Rina revealed in the show "Ie, Tsuitte itte iidesuka?" (家、ついて行って) that her salary during her time in AKB was around 300k yen to 400k yen per month (~$2800-$3700). Now she's earning around 500k yen to 600k yen per month, 1 million yen (~$9300) when it's good.

Note: Average (not minimum) salary in Tokyo is 325 000 yen (~$3000) in 2018.

Another interesting thing to note is that she's currently living alone at a 2LDK apartment in Nishi-Azabu (a high end neighbourhood in Tokyo) with the rent 330 000 yen (~$3k) per month (splitted half with her parents).

Source

Hirata Rina (Hirari) was a member who gained buzz among international fans due to her mixed heritage and her ability to speak English. However, she wasn't that popular among local fans during her time in AKB, never ranked in election and only chosen to be in senbatsu once (and that is janken senbatsu, not a management or fan chosen ones). She is mainly a theater girl until her graduation, with her main outside job being Nogieigo that aired once a month (she was rarely invited to AKB own shows). (Please correct me if I'm wrong about this)

IMO her salary isn't that bad considering that she's around the mid to bottom tier in AKB? Maybe that's why the unpopular members still stick around in the group even after they graduated from high school (a lot of 48G members graduate around this time).

NamieKnowles

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭15,085
I would say shes Middle tier. She middle the of the Middle tier. So that seems like decent pay. I assume girls who are all they way at the bottom make 500 - 1,000 dollars per month and the girls at the top make 15,000 - 50,000 per month.

Top Bottom