ARTICLES Fans initiated PUP in hopes for IZ*ONE to return! However, four members might not be able to return?

Vanilla Cupcake

뉴이스트 ❤️ 동호회 🐯 Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭606,065
Fans initiated PUP in hopes for IZ*ONE to return! However, four members might not be able to return?

Article: KPOPDAYS
Translation: Vanilla Cupcake

011-20.jpg

Many were saddened by the news that IZ*ONE has officially disbanded. While this cross-country group was at its peak, it could not avoid its inevitable disbandment fate. After the group has disbanded, many members returned to their original entertainment company. Some even joined another company, such as Sakura Miyawaki; she might become BTS’s junior!

003-124.jpg

The group has ended; however, as IZ*ONE’s fans, many have not given up hope, because this is the group they liked since the beginning of the survival show and now, the group will forever be gone. Saying goodbye is another type of pain to these fans. Of course, many were not willing to let go, and they truly wish for a miracle to happen. That’s right, and that’s exactly what the fans tried to do – they have initiated the project to regroup IZ*ONE!

003-126.jpg

Would IZ*ONE return once again? Many companies agree to reform the girl group!

The fans led a project called “Parallel Universe Project” (PUP). The purpose is to reform IZ*ONE. The project released an official statement, stating that many entertainment companies have agreed to reform the group.

004-90.jpg

Many might have doubts, if the companies are open to reforming the group, why did they disband in the first place? Clearly, this is related to the entertainment companies’ profits. Especially since Japanese entertainment companies are involved, it is very difficult to reach a complete consensus. Since this project is led by fans, the implication is now different. Because fans represent profits; as such, many companies gave in to the idea of reforming the group.

005-64.jpg

In a video released on social media, the PUP has clearly stated that it has communicated with various companies of IZ*ONE’s members, to the point that the CEO of one of the companies has acknowledged this project.

Of course, they did not reveal who the CEO is. This CEO even represented IZ*ONE and submitted a related proposal; as such, the PUP organizer believes the outlook of this project is quite good.

006-48.jpg

At the same time, they also announced the PUP’s development process on WADIZ. This includes discussions with various entertainment companies. According to the results, many companies of IZ*ONE members are very interested in reforming the form. Among all the companies, only two did not agree. Of course, who are these two companies? This definitely will not be revealed during this time. The organizer is still negotiating with the two companies in hopes of convincing them to join this project.

007-30.jpg

Of course, it is a bit early to say IZ*ONE will comeback as the project is still in the negotiation phase and there were no contacts being signed. Just like how the ball is round, everything is subjected to change. However, if everything goes well, there is a high chance the group will comeback.

The PUP project has started before IZ*ONE has disbanded. IZ*ONE was disbanded on April 29, and this project was started exactly a week ago. In addition, this is actually a well-planned project, and it raised a lot of supporting funds. In just 10 minutes after the project started, it has raised approximately 650K USD. This is not a small sum, and it is more than enough to operate the project.

008-23.jpg

The power of fans is unlimited, including the number of funds raised. In just 24 hours, the project raised 2 million USD. And as of now, the project has raised 2.8 million.

PUP is currently still negotiating with various member companies. Wonyoung and Yujin are part of Starship Entertainment; Yena is part of Yuehua Entertainment; Eunbi and Chaewon are part of Woollim Entertainment; Yuri is part of Stone Music Entertainment (now Wake One Entertainment); Chaeyeon is part of WM Entertainment; Minju is part of Urban Works Media; Hyewon is part of 8D Creative.

009-20.jpg

The Japanese members are part of various Japanese companies. Sakura and Nako are part of Mercury and Hitomi is part of DH. We have also mentioned Sakura potentially joining Big Hit Music; whether this will actually happen, it’s quite hard to predict for now.

Potentially 4 Members Will Not Return?

Personally, I believe Nako and Sakura will not be able to return. Hitomi is a possibility, but it depends on her personal preference. (Of course, this is just my prediction!) Starship’s Wonyoung and Yujin might potentially not return as well.

010-17.jpg

Even if all the companies agree on the above, there is still a lot of work to be done – for example determining who will be in charge of production, music, promotion, wardrobe, decoration, including those that are out of our consideration, such as transportation, safety, etc.

I don’t believe Urban or 8D can achieve this. Yuri’s original company Stone Music no longer manages artists and has been replaced by Wake One Entertainment. According to my sources, Woolimi is facing financial difficulties. As such, only WM Entertainment and Yuehua Entertainment can be the company able to support IZ*ONE’s return.

011-20.jpg

Next, we must consider profit and expenses distribution. The good news is if we utilize the funding raised by the PUP, it will help greatly help the project. 2.8 million is not a small figure. The bad news is that in the scenario when Wonyoung, Yujin, Sakura, and Nako were not able to participate, how many donors will demand their funds to be returned?

012-19.jpg

CJ ENM is a powerful company; how will they react to this girl group? Those who read this up till now must be mostly WIZ*ONE, including some knowledgeable WIZ*ONE. IF IZ*ONE returns as an 8 member group, without Wonyoung, Yujin, Nako, and Sakura, how would this affect sales?

If album sales were around 500K, would it be reduced to only 300K or even 100K? According to my intuition, if only 8 members can return, 250K is the most likely because Wonyoung and Sakura have the greatest attraction in the group.

013-16.jpg

Of course, these are merely my predictions, the true results will be revealed by the official group. What do you guys think? If the group can return, how many people will rejoin the group? Let’s discuss!

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭258,250
Good for them if they don't want to give up. For me I never believed IZ*ONE would return they are too many labels involved in order to have all 12 members. Without Wonyoung and Sakura ? That's like the core of the group.

They weren't meant to last more than they were supposed to. I know fans wanted a better farewell for them but things happened.

If they return, even as 8 members : for how long ? It would feel nice to see them again of course but I moved on, as much as the group's ending sadden me.

Top Bottom