Fans talk about why IZ*ONE shouldn't disband

Astro

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,630,200
spacer.png

The project group IZ*ONE is nearing the end of their contract term and will disband in April of 2021.

Recently, fans and netizens are discussing the reasons the girl group should not disband. One netizen posted on an online community the number of albums that IZ*ONE was able to sell during their promotion period.

IZ*ONE was able to rank high in the album sales chart despite being embroiled in the vote manipulation controversy. They have placed their names as one of the most popular girl groups as every album they released sold over 300,000 copies. Similar things were also said about the boy group Wanna One as they were disbanding near their peak when they sold millions of albums.

Netizens were amazed at the results that the girls were able to bring in a short period of time. They commented, "So they made three comebacks in a year, they worked super hard I guess because they're only promoting for a short term," "Wow, they can't disband because they're selling so many albums," "They began selling really well starting from their debut, and they're still selling well even after the controversy," and "Well even if they sold that many albums they're still excluded from the Golden Disk Award."

Source

MVSica

✨🐻Ujung🛰️✨ Donor VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭130,653
shut the fck up let me be delusional about IZONE PERMANENT

im the one who will get hurt so i dont see why non fans has a lot to say when WIZONEs want them to be permanent :poggers:

lol you've had 2 years tho you are lucky :TzuyuKek: plus we need to see how companies mess up post IZONE groups and solos that will have a hard time doing what WJSN(570k sales, wins) or Chungha(charts wins famous) did.

TeaqBE8.gif

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,800
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
lol you've had 2 years tho you are lucky :TzuyuKek: plus we need to see how companies mess up post IZONE groups and solos that will have a hard time doing what WJSN(570k sales, wins) or Chungha(charts wins famous) did.

TeaqBE8.gif

you just made me realize that izone has been a group longer than Pristin (779 days to 764 days) :somicry: ALTHOUGH. the entire last year of pristin's existence, they did nothing... so izone lasted a whole year longer XD

MVSica

✨🐻Ujung🛰️✨ Donor VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭130,653
you just made me realize that izone has been a group longer than Pristin (779 days to 764 days) :somicry: ALTHOUGH. the entire last year of pristin's existence, they did nothing... so izone lasted a whole year longer XD

and since gugudan had a comeback 2 year ago as well, wew interesting:catpopcorn:

JWJxvhH.gif

Its almost like its connected

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
All of these arguements can be said for the other seasons.
Just say your goodbyes because you already knew
yep! w1 was even challenging bts at their peak and they still disbanded when it was time...the only advantage I can think of izone having would be the fact that they don't have a Minhyun or Sungwoon type member who's obligated to go back to a group, but even then the profits the agencies could make over a solo artist/group they control completely will almost always be greater than splitting between 8-ish ways so they'll chose that.

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭162,100
I know some people who are going to cry a lot :LOL:

No way Izone would've been permanent, we knew it was going to end soon. And the Produce scandal won't help to even have a short extension.

She

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭53,550
lol I already feel conflicted enough supporting after the rigging scandal and Sakura needs her Japanese career and Youtube channel back.

lingyi

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭73,925
Put aside what you want as a fan of the group and look at it from the perspective of the members. All the Produce groups were created to be a stepping stone for the members and they and their agencies have/had other plans for them. Chung Ha as said that she had to change her singing voice and style for IOI and Pristin and Weki Meki had to wait until IOI disbanded to begin. Most heartbreaking was when Eun Woo told Na Young and Kyul Kyung that she was tired of just performing and not officially debuting.

The Produce groups are like a foster family for the members and they're all waiting to be reunited with their "real" family. Their agencies and fellow trainees.

Edit: Even well established members of groups like Girls Generation, which officially hasn't disbanded, want to pursue and become known outside their identities as "just" a member of that group. As sad as it is that Pristin disbanded, Gugudan is all but officially disbanded and Weki Meki is still struggling, at least the members had a chance to continue on the path they started on before Produce 101.

Last edited:
Top Bottom