Favorite Movie Trailers

SJK

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭11,410
I really love it when trailers don't give most of the movie away. I mean, I get it, you do have to reveal enough of the plot to get people interested, but I often think trailers do too much in showing exactly how the main conflict/climax plays out. I like it when they give you just a glimpse of what the movie looks like before ending on a cliffhanger. The suspense gives me LIFE. :popcorn:

For example, I've always loved Midnight in Paris's trailer. It just shows the setting (in case it wasn't obvious from the title), introduces a few characters (not even the main ones) who just seem to be rambling on about the most random shit, and leaves you going, wait so.... what's the movie about? Completely masterful teasing, definitely did more to make me check out the movie than if they had given the entire premise away.

And more recently everyone was talking about how great the Bombshell trailer was, so I finally checked it out yesterday. OOF! I must have replayed it 50 times. It's definitely great, and for many of the same reasons. Setting--check, characters--check, only a vague allusion to the larger premise--check. And I know this is just a teaser trailer, which can afford to do that, but I do hope the eventual full trailers keep up the same minimalist tone. It's so effective.

What are your favorite trailers/trailer styles? :popcorn:

ARandomFan

(っ◔◡◔)っ<3 Content+ Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭773,045
Pronouns
idk
I definitely don’t like most modern trailers where you feel like you just watched the entire film just by watching the trailer. It’s meant to tease us, get us to want to go out and see it. Not show us a full summary.

Top Bottom