[FINISHED] Shōwa Scavenger Hunt (6 PM EDT 2020.05.06)

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
The other night, I had a dream that I hosted a game that I made up and everything went terribly wrong.

This is that game.

I really hope it doesn't go terribly wrong.

7a1196f53d2e5ae47c4d9d3ac82f3208bba86972.png

graphics by llamabean

The Shōwa Era of Japan was the time of rule of the Shōwa Emperor Hirohito, who was in power from 1929 until his death in 1989. For the sake of this scavenger hunt, we are focusing on the more modern end of Shōwa when recorded music really took off. Every song you must find was released between 1960 and 1989. Put your Google skills to the test and discover a world full of must-know J-pop gems!

6 PM EDT
Overview
  • There will be 5 rounds in total.​
  • Each round will last 10 minutes, regardless of whether or not all items for that round are found. The next round and scoreboards will be posted 5 minutes after the close of each round.​
  • Each round will consist of 3 different items you will need to find: a song title, a CD cover image, and a video, each for a different song (i.e., you will not be finding all 3 for the same song; each request is for a different song) from the Shōwa Era of Japan.​
  • Each item will have 3 clues given. If any item is not found by the 7 minute mark of a round, a pinch clue will be provided for that item.​
  • You can find one or all of the items requested, in any order, within the 10 minutes unless all items are already found.​
  • Only the first person to provide the item requested will receive points for that item.​
  • You MUST provide the artist name for all guesses. Points will not be given for items provided without the artist name.​
  • Artist name and song title can be in roman or Japanese characters.​
  • Song titles must be spelled correctly.​
  • For the CD covers, you can either load the image in your post or provide a link to a page where the image can be seen, in cases where you cannot pull the image directly. Please do not provide Google image search pages where there is more than one image.​
  • For videos, both music videos and live performance videos are acceptable, as long as it is the correct artist and song.​

Prizes
1st Place: 2 ørbs
2nd Place: 1 ørb
3rd Place: 100,000 Plus Coins

Participation prize is your own personal development in learning more about J-pop history. You're welcome.

Sign-up List
  1. BlueNose
  2. Yuki
  3. garlicbread
  4. Barbie
  5. GoldenDivas
  6. soozie
  7. Aquamaraqua

Last edited:

BlueNose

Not to say that Im in love with you VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,195,600
Smu :dogeLaugh:
“Participation prize is your own personal development in learning more about J-pop history. You're welcome.”
Hdhdhddhs

Yuki

Ç'est quoi ce merdier? Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,137,509
I mean ... it's showa
why not ...
smu
gonna flop tho cuz my knowledge is only from 85 plus that finger heart JE boy group pic from 60s sakjdsa

S

Some

Man i'm horrible at showa the only thing i know is nakamori akina i think she's showa ? & the band that made a japanese version of 500 miles i remember a few people here like some showa idols though hope they see this & participate

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
For what it's worth, I've tried to design the clues so that anyone would be able to find the song with the right amount of searching. Obviously if someone has some knowledge of the songs already, they just know the songs, but I want this to be more like an actual scavenger hunt rather than just a trivia contest.

Golden

H+ Socialite
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,954,336
For what it's worth, I've tried to design the clues so that anyone would be able to find the song with the right amount of searching. Obviously if someone has some knowledge of the songs already, they just know the songs, but I want this to be more like an actual scavenger hunt rather than just a trivia contest.
I'll give it a try :LovePar: smu

Top Bottom