BREAKING NEWS Following Zheng Shuang's child abandonment controversy, Prada has ended all working relations + CCTV News releases a statement re: illegal surrogacy

Polaris_Tae

🚀🚩 Social Media Lead Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭460,409

The couple were secretly married + had two children together presumably via surrogacy; surrogacy is apparently illegal in China so both the marriage/surrogacy were done in the US. The couple separated prior to the children being born but were unable to abort the children bc it was too late to do so. The children are currently living with the father (Zhang Heng) in the US.

Previous threads re: the issue:

Last edited:

MedicationHelps87

Bi Racial Ruler Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,500,501
Pronouns
He/Him
Does China allow surrogacy?
Surrogacy in China is “technically illegal but the government opened up a path to citizenship and family rights for surrogacy births. The result was Chinese couples flocking to the U.S. in droves to hire surrogates.

(I didn't understand what actually happened so I googled this)

Well I guess since she did break the law?
and if you're with working brands, they usually do stop ties with you... : /

Also found this when I read up on it further.
After the scandal broke, Prada’s post about its fall 2021 men’s wear show was filled with more than 5,000 comments about the scandals, most of them either urging the brand to distance itself from Zheng, or making fun of the brand for associating itself with her.

Some internet users even blame Zheng for the continuous decline in Prada’s shares over the past week, and call Zheng the “true devil wears Prada.”

source: wwd.com

Last edited:
Top Bottom