SENSITIVE CONTENT Former Keyakizaka46 member Imaizumi Yui pregnant and plans to marry youtuber, cheater & domestic abuser

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him

The man is apparently youtuber Watanabe Mahoto, who she started dating last spring. Mahoto is one of Japan's most popular youtubers but he's controversial since he cheated on his former girlfriend (another ex-idol) and when she confronted him he beat her up.

To say that I'm disappointed and worried would be an understatement

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
giphy.gif

Yuck.

MedicationHelps87

Bi Racial Ruler Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,500,501
Pronouns
He/Him
That's depressing. A woman basher and a cheater. Worst of both worlds....
I don't know how she can go to someone like that, knowing his dodgy past.

Bad move... I hope she realises the mistake she is making.

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Let's hope he's grown? But I'm not expecting much. Why do J-idols always make such terrible decisions?

Years of intense public and private scrutiny over your appearance and personality and in this case, feeling the pressure of competing with two dozen other girls for attention, fame, and money in an already saturated market. If I had to make a guess.
:tea2:

Ash3070

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭839,143
Wow that heading was a rollercoaster! Literally reading it going 'Oh good for her! YaaayyyOH NO! :oops:'.
Hopefully it's a case of her knowing him better than any fan and him ACTUALLY having changed and bettered himself. It's so rare people like that DO change but I just am really hoping for the best for herself and their kid.

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Wow that heading was a rollercoaster! Literally reading it going 'Oh good for her! YaaayyyOH NO! :oops:'.
Hopefully it's a case of her knowing him better than any fan and him ACTUALLY having changed and bettered himself. It's so rare people like that DO change but I just am really hoping for the best for herself and their kid.

The DV accusations were in 2019, a year before she allegedly started dating him (they announced covid diagnoses around the same time so fans are assuming they gave it to each other), and before that he had a very long string of girlfriends, virtually all of whom were other female entertainers like models and former idols. As much as I'd like for this to be a safe situation for anyone, I think he's truly just a piece of shit.

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Somehow, it is still worse.
I watched KoreKore, the web show where all this info came from, and the details of what happened with the 15-year-old are significantly worse than what's being reported. If Yui doesn't find a way out of this, she's in for a very miserable existence.

Top Bottom