ARTICLES (G)I-DLE Yuqi's first short haircut since her debut 3 years ago. Exposing her hardships behind the scenes: Originally, I had to wear a wig

Vanilla Cupcake

뉴이스트 ❤️ 동호회 🐯 Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭606,065
(G)I-DLE Yuqi's first short haircut since her debut 3 years ago. Exposing her hardships behind the scenes: Originally, I had to wear a wig

Article: Xiao Caiwei (蕭采薇)
Translation: Vanilla Cupcake

South Korean girl group (G)I-DLE published its fourth mini-album “I Burn.” This album is entirely written and composed by the group members, with member Soyeon as the producer. During the comeback showcase on Jan 11, Soyeon explained this is an album that expressed the feeling of “departure.” The members’ styling has been a topic of discussion as well.

d5390243.jpg

(G)I-DLE’s “I Burn” comeback incorporated a lot of East Asian elements in the members’ styling​

Soyeon incorporated the concept of “winter”, “flower”, and “fireworks” to illustrate a story from departure to “true ending.” The members wore Eastern-style clothing to the showcase. When the news photos were released, Korean netizens were shocked by the beauty, “So beautiful!”, “Iconic concept and visual.”

d5390246.jpg
d5390247.jpg

(G)I-DLE Shuhua and Soojin​

This is also the first time Yuqi appear with a short haircut since her debut 3 years ago. During the showcase, she noted, “To me, this is a really big challenge. Originally, I wore a wig, but I looked like Chocolate Bear (a cartoon character). So, I decided to just cut my hair; it looks more natural and the members said I look very pretty and cute.”

d5390241.jpg
d5390242.jpg

(G)I-DLE Soyeon and Yuqi​

The group debuted the MV and dance stage of their new title track “Huaa” live during the showcase. Shuhua revealed, “During the last shot, Soyeon unnie looked very powerful, but during the shooting, she was laughing during the scene.” Thai member Minnie also included her song in the album. She excitedly noted, “I am very proud to be able to include my song in the Korean album. I have been consistently participating in song creation, but it is not easy to be included in an album.”

d5390248.jpg
d5390245.jpg

(G)I-DLE Miyeon and Minnie

d5105831.jpg
d5390244.jpg

(G)I-DLE Yuqi had long hair since her debut; this time, she tried a new look with short hair​

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭14,650
I absolutely love the short hair; I'm glad she decided to get it cut bc it really looks good on her. :wow:

Top Bottom