MINI+ [Game Finished] Snowpar Fight - Sun 3 PM EST / Mon 5 AM KST

Stannie

Philippians 4:11-13
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
2WdJRJL.png

How to Play

This game is essentially a modified version of Codenames.

Players are RNG’d into two teams.

Both teams choose one of their members to be their Leaders while the rest of the members serve as the snowball throwers. Once chosen, the Leader MAY NOT be changed for the entirety of the game.

The game is played in 2 rounds.

In each round, the two teams take turns throwing snowballs at the opposing teams. Each team has 4 throwing chances on their turn. Their objective is to knock out as many opponents as possible with those 4 throws while avoiding hitting the Karen cards.

At the beginning of the offensive team’s turn, 16 word cards are laid out in the thread in a grid. The defensive team will have 5 minutes to discuss in their Team PM and let the GM know which cards their members want to hide behind. They also choose two cards to be the Karens. Two or more members may hide behind the same card if they wish, but they may NOT hide behind the same card as the Karens.

Once the defensive team has made their decisions, the GM will then inform the offensive team’s Leader of the exact layout of the grid (i.e. they will know exactly which cards are the Karens and which cards the other team's members are hiding behind). Only the Leader will have this information and they will attempt to give out clues to help their teammates correctly knock out their opponents.

On each of their throwing chances, the Leader may only give out a single word and a number as a clue. The word should focus on the cards that the opposing team's members are hiding behind, while the number is for how many cards this word clue alludes to. For example, if two of the cards they want to hint at are “cat” and “dog”, the Leader might say “animal, 2.”

Once the word and number clues are given, the team's snowball throwers may then attempt to guess which cards correspond to the current or previous clue(s) given. The number of cards they may attempt to “throw snowballs” at on each throwing chance is up to the number given by the Leader in that clue, but they may always choose to guess fewer cards than the given number if they’re not confident. For example, if their Leader says 2, they may guess up to 2 cards or less. Once the members decide on the card(s), they may attempt their throw by bolding the word(s) listed on the chosen card(s) in the gameplay thread.

Once an offensive team has made 4 of their throws, the defensive team goes next (essentially becoming the offensive team) and the process repeats until both teams have had their turn. Please note, the word cards will change on each team’s turn.

The team that scores the most points after 2 rounds wins the game. If there is a tie, these tie-breakers will be used to resolve the game: the team with more "unused" throws after having wiped out the opposing teams; the team that gets the least penalty point; the team with the most sweep bonuses; and lastly, a tie-breaker round.

Scoring

+2 for your team for each opponent that gets hit.
-1 for your team if your throw misses a.k.a. hits no opposing player.
-3 points for your team if your throw hits one of the Karens.
+2 bonus points for your team if you manage to wipe out the other team completely within 4 throws.
+2 bonus points for your team for each throwing chance your team has left, even after having wiped out the opposing team on your turn.

Rules

As the Leader:

You have 3 minutes to give out clues on each throwing chance. The clue must be bolded and posted in the thread.

You may not say anything else other than give out clues when prompted.

Please do not react to any game-related posts while the round is ongoing.

The clue must describe the meaning of the word(s) you’re trying to hint at and not the structure, spelling, or sound of the word. For example, it cannot be “foot” to hint “football”, "s" to hint "see," or “tell” to hint “cell.” It must also be in English only.

The number is used only to tell the guessers how many words your clue refers to, and cannot also be a part of the clue.

If the clue violates these rules, your team loses that throwing chance.

As the Throwers:

You may discuss among yourselves, but please note that only 4 minutes are given for each throwing chance. If time is up without any guessing, you essentially forfeit that throwing chance.

Unlike Codenames, please note that in this game when your Leader gives out a #, you must make all your allowed guesses at once instead of one by one. For example, if your Leader says “animal, 2” and if you think there are two cards that connect to “animal” and would like to guess both, you must bold both word cards at once. Again, you may guess less than the # given (in this case, less than 2) or even pass that throwing chance if you don’t feel certain.

Guesses must be bolded and posted in the thread. The first bolded guess(es) is final.

General

Please keep the talking to a minimum when it’s not your team’s turn.

Please have good sportsmanship and do not cheat; this includes, but is not limited to, colluding with other players and/or playing against your win conditions.

No communication outside of the gameplay thread and your Team PM.

Have fun and be nice.

All other H+ rules apply.

Prizes

Prizes may be subject to changes.

Winning Team - 400 Frozen Tears, 3 orbs, 80k coins, and 40 elite points for each active member.
Non-winning Team - 150 Frozen Tears, 1 orb, 60k coins, and 20 elite points for each active member.

***In addition, one of the lucky participants will win 2 random +cards from our special winter edition–one to keep and one to give away. Please be sure to complete the form below within 48 hours of the winner announcement to claim your prizes:

Players

1. @Chomiczewska
2. @Chiharu
3. @Nara
4. @Bchip
5. @Frandae
6. @OutroTearTheFirst
7. @Baymax
8. @Beefy
9. @boo
10. @sm maid

@Gamer Squad

Last edited:

Frandae

Alchemist VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,413,615
Pronouns
He/Him
Sign me up please! (I'm not too sure about my brain understanding all this but might as well give it a try lmao)

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,800
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
i can't join :tears:

one team is really lucky bc it's what i'm best at
Elf%20Snowball%20Fight.gif

Stannie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
Sign me up please! (I'm not too sure about my brain understanding all this but might as well give it a try lmao)

Dw, I'm a bit busy/afk today but tomorrow I'll post an example before the game so it's easier to understand!

i can't join :tears:

one team is really lucky bc it's what i'm best at
Elf%20Snowball%20Fight.gif

Whyy not :peepoblanket:

Frandae

Alchemist VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,413,615
Pronouns
He/Him
Dw, I'm a bit busy/afk today but tomorrow I'll post an example before the game so it's easier to understand!

Whyy not :peepoblanket:
Yes please, thank you! :sejeongcry: I never played something like this before and my brain works better when seeing a visual example of what's explained so when I was reading all that, my brain truly stopped working lmfao
Anticipating the example then, I'm sure I'll understand it better once I see it :pepesanta:

Last edited:

Chomiczewska

Hamster First Place HoE Chomi
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭25,439,949
Since it's like 2h before the game starts I came to read the rules and
You may not say anything else other than give out clues when prompted.
I see that yelling at your team isn't allowed this time, big sad :sadpepe: lmao

Stannie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
I'm still outside atm but hopefully I'll be home on time!

Meanwhile, these are the two teams:

Team A

@Chiharu
@Chomiczewska
@Frandae
@Nara
@boo

Team B

@Baymax
@Beefy
@sm maid
@Bchip
@OutroTearTheFirst

Both teams, please choose your Leader before the game starts. Please tag me and bold your final decision in the thread! Please note that once chosen, the Leader MAY NOT be changed for the entirety of the game. I’ll create a PM with each team once the leaders have been chosen.

Chomiczewska

Hamster First Place HoE Chomi
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭25,439,949
So, I played the game as the leader twice ... I lost both times, so :Slime: We ain't choosing me

• Haha
Reactions: boo
Top Bottom