sleety

is alcoholic
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭40,325
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi :fab:
IM looking for some gg with girl crush concept, can you recommend some to me? I would prefer these ones who are still active? Ty :smug:

rosie

• ♔ • Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭17,750
I was going to say 2NE1 :sadpepe:

I actually can't think of any new girl groups with a strong gg concept

rosie

• ♔ • Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭17,750
Unfortunately the best ones are already gone :noooo:

I found (G)I-dle's Lion to be quite good. But I don't think they're full girl crush either.

None of the groups nowadays hit as hard as the groups back then. There's more of an emphasis on being pretty nowadays. Even if that means being a fusion of pretty girl crush as;jsalf;

Aquamaraqua

Jinyoung's Wife
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭970,145
I found (G)I-dle's Lion to be quite good. But I don't think they're full girl crush either.

None of the groups nowadays hit as hard as the groups back then. There's more of an emphasis on being pretty nowadays. Even if that means being a fusion of pretty girl crush as;jsalf;
GIDLE are self produced and conceptualized for women.. the focus isn't on being pretty for them.

I recommend all their songs, my favorites are Hann, Uh-Oh, Senorita, Maze, Put it Straight (Nightmare ver), Dalla and Latata.

rosie

• ♔ • Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭17,750
GIDLE are self produced and conceptualized for women.. the focus isn't on being pretty for them.

I recommend all their songs, my favorites are Hann, Uh-Oh, Senorita, Maze, Put it Straight (Nightmare ver), Dalla and Latata.

Oh trust me, I didn't mean it as a bad thing :)

But I'm sure you'd know the girls and their concept better than me. I have enjoyed their previous title tracks (Hann, Latata, Lion).

I suppose I'm just making comparisons to 2NE1, who were known for their strong girl crush concept. No current girl groups (that I know of) really hits it as hard as them. In comparison, everyone doing a "girl crush" concept nowadays feels more polished (better wording than pretty hahaha), rather than that raw girl crush concept 2NE1 were known for. Definitely not a bad thing though, just different.

Aquamaraqua

Jinyoung's Wife
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭970,145
Oh trust me, I didn't mean it as a bad thing :)

But I'm sure you'd know the girls and their concept better than me. I have enjoyed their previous title tracks (Hann, Latata, Lion).

I suppose I'm just making comparisons to 2NE1, who were known for their strong girl crush concept. No current girl groups (that I know of) really hits it as hard as them. In comparison, everyone doing a "girl crush" concept nowadays feels more polished (better wording than pretty hahaha), rather than that raw girl crush concept 2NE1 were known for. Definitely not a bad thing though, just different.
I think times definitely have changed... and I was never a fan of the word girl crush because it felt kind of forced. The rawness of the 2nd gen unfortunately is generally hard to come by now because companies have extracted formulas and very few groups have their own input these days although songwriting is somewhat more seen. It's a weird paradox (because we all know YG is sexist and didn't allow 2NE1 to write their own stuff). I think every prominent 2nd group has their own thing about them... even when 2NE1 existed no one had their aura--which is good since they were unique. Just like After School don't really have an equivalent today, although I'd say (G)I-DLE is somewhat a mixture of both groups with their own flavor. Probably why they're the only girl group I've stanned after SPICA, haha.

Top Bottom