Girls Planet 999 Chinese and Japanese contestants arrive in Korea

lusobr

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭558,935
Chinese contestants

Japanese contestants

Here are the speculated identities of those contestants.
Sakurai Miu from JYPE's Japanese audition show Nizi Project

Also from Nizi Project Inoue Akari

Another Nizi Project alumni Hirai Momoka

Wang QiuRu and Liang Jiao from Chinese girl groups SNH48 and GNZ48 respectively.

2 members of SNH48 have confirmed their participation through Pocket 48 (the group's idol fan app). They are Wang QiuRu (SNH48's Team SII) (top) and Liang Jiao (GNZ48's Team G) (bottom).

Ma YuLing also from SNH48

Ma YuLing (SNH48's Team SII) joins the member of SNH48 in participating on the program confirmed by herself.

Liang Qiao from GNZ48's Team Z, twin sister to Liang Jiao.

On their way: The twins Liang Jiao and Liang Qidao were filmed earlier today going to the Shanghai airport.

Liang Jiao and Liang Qiao from GNZ48 were in the Shanghai airport to go to Korea and go through quarantine ahead of the show.

Xu Zyin Chinese contestant on Youth With You season 2 from agency Hot Idol.
https://twitter.com/xuziyintfanbase/status/1395665451108249605

Su RuiQi Chinese contestant on Produce Camp 2020 from agency ETM Skies.

This post claims it's about Su Ruiqi, Xu Ziyin, Cui Wenmeixiu (Produce Camp 2020), Huang Xingqiao (The Coming One: Girls), Zhang Luofei (Youth With You 2), Wang Yale (Youth With You 2), Fu Yaning (Youth With You 2), Wen Zhe (Youth With You 2), Shangguan Xiai (Youth With You 2) and Liu Yuhan.

Cui Wenmeixiu

Huang Xingqiao

Fu Yaning and Zhang Luofei

Last edited:

lusobr

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭558,935
I wasn't really going to watch this show, but now that the Nizi Project girls might be in it I'll probably watch it.

Still have a bitter taste in my mouth from all the corruption the previous iterations of audition shows by MNET were exposed to have and the horrible conditions specially from Idol School accounts. Really thorn but I have to support the girls at least even if I don't trust the production company.

They can say this isn't a PD101 continuation but we all know that's just marketing to distance themselves from all the mess. I expect the show to be run virtually the same. Hopefully with no bought rankings this time. I have no hope for non manipulative editing though. Mnet will do what Mnet does. It makes sense why all this girls are trying it again and with Mnet this time considering how successful and popular Iz*one was even after the scandal. I just pray that they get on the good graces of the editors, cause those who don't won't have much of a chance.

Some rumors running around that both SM and YG will send trainees this time. That would be a huge difference if confirmed. I'll only believe it when I see it, and guess it will be like rumors from previous shows which turned out to be former trainees. If they send current trainees still with the company this will probably be the most successful version of the series, and those girls would be 100% shoe ins like Somi was. I can see JYP sending at least An Yuna if she is still with them. Not completely convinced it will happen because she had a hard time on Nizi Project and I'm not sure if she would want to take on the challenge of another audition show this time with way more competition, but who knows.

On the videos of the arrival I counted 25 Japanese trainees give and take cause I might have mistaken staff for trainees. We also have airport videos and photos of 10 Chinese trainees and 4 more with rumors and no media. So I would guess it will be around 40% maybe 50% foreign trainees on the show assuming a 100-99 contestant cap. There are some foreign trainees that either live in Korea or could have already been there. Some people speculating Jia Yu and Sakamoto Mashiro former JYP trainees, former Cherry Bullet Kokoro, the other 2 current Cherry Bullet Japanese members, Hit Girlz member Ayu even former SM Rookies Hina was mentioned. We'll see how that ends up. Most if not all of those are pure speculation and in some cases wishful thinking so we'll see. I know Cherry Bullet was reported to have sent in applications, and I wouldn't put it past FNC, so I guess that has a higher chance of happening.

Also rumors saying they are gonna replace the letter grades for planet grades which is hilarious imo. Who do they think they are kidding and also that is gonna be so confusing lol.

Looks like Hem Crew Entertainment also confirmed they will be on the show. Never heard of them and I also suspect there is a chance they aren't sending trainees but rather having one of their instructors be a teacher or something like that. Don't know if they have trainees. Their social media makes me think they are more of a dance studio that does choreography, training and possibly has dancers for hire, but who knows.

I'll be very interested in seeing which companies send their trainees here. On one hand the show and subsequent group was wildly successful on the other hand it hasn't really translated into success for the groups formed after the contract expiration, at least for the girls, and the huge scam on voting. Personally if I were a CEO of a company I would still send my trainees cause they make money and you can at the very least promote her as a solo later like Sejeong and that is still a win. For fans I think it's a bit of a bittersweet event. Sure you get to see your favorites perform cool stages but you also get to see them get treated unfairly and have a ticking time bomb even if they win for when the group inevitably disbands. Now if they can convince the companies to agree on a 5 or longer contract that is fixed cause most successful groups only last 7 years anyway if even that, and honestly as a Company I would agree to that because as I said before the temp groups have been mega hits while the splinter groups have not for the girls. So even with only making a portion of what you would without this deal at least you have a somewhat guaranteed chance of success.

I also wonder if the show will do as well as the PD series. There is definite wear and tear for MNET's reputation and that might translate in a dud. Ultimately if the girls are charming enough I think they will do fine, but I do have that nagging concern. The show will get guaranteed backlash, from the rigging scandal to the fact that Japanese and Chinese people are involved. I think we've seen in Korea that you can just power through stuff like that if you are popular enough, but I don't know if this show will be popular enough to live through that.

Another rumor that have been circulating around is of a 9-12 final group. I'm always on the camp of giving more girls a chance so 12 would be my preference, but I am aware a good portion of kpop fans both Korean nationals and international fans like smaller groups. I can see arguments from a business side for either tbh. More girls would mean more variety in personality and reach to get more fans, but at the same time less girls would please a bigger portion of the fans even if it limits it's growth and would be cheaper. Can't forget we are still mid pandemic and that could have possibly changed how much MNET is willing to invest.

The last rumor I saw was that they would go with the standard male MC for the girls and get a female mentor. This is probably gonna end up being true cause that is what they did before and it worked well. Someone said they would like Seungi again and Taeyeon. I wonder if Taeyeon would accept, by all accounts she is super shy. It would make sense for MNET to get her, huge name, certainly admired by every trainee, but her schedule would be a huge hindrance. Sounds like a far off dream imo. I don't care much who MCs personally, so if they go with Seungi again that'd be fine. I think the trainers are more important so we'll see who they bring in for that. I would expect the usual suspects: Bae Yoonjung and Jang Jinyoung. Which would also be fine choices imo.

I kind of know what to expect from the show, but have no idea how it's gonna be received. I'd be surprised if it's much different than the pd series in substance at least. They are gonna try real hard to mask it to avoid comparison but I expect in essence it will be still the same spirit. All I can say is I didn't really wanna do this again, tired of MNET shadiness, but the girls haven't done anything wrong so I still want to support them. Just wish someone else made a better show that treated them better and that they could get a shot at stardom. Getting big without being from one of the 3 major companies is way too hard.

munyuna

孟美岐 ♡ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭80,835
super looking forward to su ruiqi and cui wenmeixiu. i loved tco3 too but i dont remember xingqiao

Last edited:

lusobr

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭558,935
More rumors are speculations.

Top right Wang Yale and bottom right Xia Yan (Youth With You 2)

Chen Xinwei (Youth With You 2 for Yuehua Entertainment)

Also looks like Hirai Momoka and Inoue Akari have posted on their Instagram story that they aren't part of this show.

A shame from my perspective. If Sakurai Miu is really in it I'll still watch it, bur if she isn't I don't think I'll invest myself in another MNET survival show. It's way too emotionally taxing.

GVK

Hopeless Multifan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,390,211
You think a GP999 thread is in need? Will it have traction on H+?
Personally I'm in the discord server.

Last edited:

lusobr

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭558,935
You think a GP999 thread is in need? Will it have traction on H+?
Personally I'm in the discord server.
I think once the show starts people will start showing interest, but it's hard to say how big it will be. Right now I don't think many people care enough at least here except like 3-4 people. If anyone wants to make one to have it ready for when the show starts I don't think it would hurt. I just didn't do it cause I don't wanna have to make the opening post and have it look good. I suck at that.

Top Bottom