Grey's Anatomy back with Season 16! (With mix media response)

dannyy

The limit is inside your mind.
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭15,030
Grey's Anatomy season 16 releases official poster with Ellen Pompeo

greys-anatomy-meredith-2-1567800875.jpg

Grey's Anatomy has released the official poster for the upcoming 16th season.

Ellen Pompeo takes centre stage as Dr Meredith Grey in the image, which also features the tagline, "Where do we go from here?"

Meredith was last seen about to come clean to the police for her insurance fraud, when she helped to save the life of a girl seeking asylum. A trailer showed her performing community service.

greys-anatomy-season-16-poster-1568977215.jpg

The new season will pick up where the last episode left off to resolve the number of cliffhangers – which also include Dr Richard Webber and Dr Alex Karev being fired and Dr Jackson Avery going missing – but there will also be a time jump during the premiere.

We know a few things about the upcoming episodes as well. Season 16 will look at the broken medical care system, following on from the consequences of Meredith's actions, while Richard will be getting a major storyline with his own episode and the return of Jasmine Guy as Gemma.

greys-anatomy-meredith-grey-1568284139.jpg

Showrunner Krista Vernoff also revealed that she is looking into bringing back a classic character, but didn't say who.

Grey's Anatomy will return to ABC in the US on Thursday, September 26. It airs on Sky Witness and NOW TV in the UK.

Source

Sorry, But the New Season of 'Grey's Anatomy' Is Already Doomed
When Grey’s Anatomy returns on September 26, the show has a lot to tackle. I mean, the season's tagline is literally "where do we go from here?" That's a pretty good question, ABC! Not only is Meredith potentially behind bars for insurance fraud, but a bunch of Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital’s most essential surgeons have been fired—and that’s just scratching the surface. Given that this show is about to enter its 16th season, there are bound to be plenty of ups and downs (and drama) along the way, but have we finally reached the point where enough is enough?

TBH, Season 16 is already doomed, based on what we know about the new episodes so far. Of course, this is literally Grey’s we’re talking about, so even if it’s bonkers, everyone's going to follow Meredith’s adventures until she inevitably dies from a freak hospital-related accident...even if that’s 20 seasons from now. (It’s going to happen.) Still, whatever Shonda Rhimes has in store for the season ahead needs to be enough to dig almost everyone out of the hole they’re currently in. Trust, season 16 is going to be a lot. Here's why.

MEREDITH’S FUTURE IS NOT LOOKIN' GOOD.

After DeLuca took the fall for her and turned himself in for the insurance fraud Meredith committed to get coverage for a patient seeking asylum, she couldn’t let him sit in jail for a crime she was responsible for. This makes sense. Just like Meredith didn’t want DeLuca to do time for her, she also felt she had no choice in letting a child go without the care she desperately needed.

After the season 15 finale, fans had no idea if Meredith had been locked up, or for how long. Although, thanks to this trailer, we do know she’s out and doing community service.

Meredith has three kids at home, and this scandal could definitely end her career. She managed to bounce back from tampering with Derek’s clinical trial many seasons ago, but this is way more intense. Somehow, Grey's Anatomy is going to have to find a way for Meredith to bounce back without justifying insurance fraud. Uh...good luck.

THREE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT DOCTORS HAVE ALREADY BEEN FIRED.
At the end of the season, Meredith, Alex, and Richard were all fired. It’s all because of Meredith’s insurance fraud, because Alex and Richard’s plan truly backfired when they tried to help.

This means three of the four doctors who have been on the show since the first season no longer work at the hospital. Do fans even want to watch a show where Richard, Alex, and Meredith aren’t working at Grey Sloan Memorial? Would it essentially become the Miranda Bailey show? Actually, that might not be so bad…

THERE ARE SO MANY CLIFFHANGERS TO ADDRESS.
There are so many loose ends that need to be tied up this season. Owen and Teddy are starting a relationship, Jo entered treatment for her depression, Meredith is facing the repercussions of her criminal activity, Alex and Richard are unemployed, and Jackson is just…out in the fog somewhere while Maggie waits in the car.

Obviously, this stuff needs to be wrapped up, and there’s so much going on that it could make this season feel a bit less fresh. In a show that’s been going for 16 seasons, that’s understandable, but are we going to keep rehashing the same drama? This is supposed to be season 16, not season 15 2.0. Meredith Grey deserves better!

EVERY COUPLE IS DOOMED, ACCORDING TO THE SHOWRUNNER HERSELF
In an interview with E! News, Krista Vernoff said that no couple is safe. Yup, that would even include the ones who ended things on a high note, like Owen and Teddy and Amelia and Link.

"When you guys have the question, 'should we be worried?,' My answer is yes across the board," Vernoff told the site. "Anyone who's thinking they can come in knowing what couples are solid or safe, or what to expect, should be a little worried."

It’s definitely going to be interesting to see where Grey’s picks off after such an eventful finale, and hopefully, Season 16 will give the show the revival it needs. But honestly, even if it doesn’t, how are we supposed to stop watching? Almost two decades in, there’s no quitting now.

Last edited:

danosh

🧡 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭7,675
THIS SHOW IS STILL ON???? omg...
I stopped watching after death of Meredith's husband (lol I forgot his name)
eh who tf watches it...

dannyy

The limit is inside your mind.
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭15,030
THIS SHOW IS STILL ON???? omg...
I stopped watching after death of Meredith's husband (lol I forgot his name)
eh who tf watches it...

lol Americans probably, and everyone who favors Meredith (like me 😂) and yeah Derek's death (Meredith husband name) is such a blow to everyone. Including me as well.... 😭

Ronnie Mars

Mamamoo will continue~
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭349,550
Pronouns
He/They
This and Supernatural need to stop. Series like New and Order, I can understand if they go for 20+ seasons, but a drama series? Stop, please.

And several of my coworkers are still watching this like I'm seriously judging them :eek:hnah:

Icy

Yuta
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,411,900
i've been watching a couple of episodes from the earlier seasons and they were iconic, these latest seasons, since idk, season 12 do not compare,

Top Bottom