EVENTS TEAM Hallyuversary 2021 Parting Words!

Stannie

Philippians 4:11-13
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
aJRZguL.png

Gfx cr: @Baymax

After about two weeks of planning, another two weeks of executing, and probably 10+ essays written, the Hallyuversary event is finally coming to an end. As a group, we have hosted a total of 8 games/activities and the event has garnered about 40 participants across the board.

I'm going to start this on a slightly less than positive note. Personally for me, logistics-wise, this has been the most stressful event that I have had to lead and just one of the most exhausting overall. This is because we'd usually start planning an event about 2 months out, but with this one, there was no plan to do an event at all since we were all busy with IRL. It literally started with "let's be half-ass for once and not do anything for anniversary" to "okay, maybe just give users some updates and call it a day" to "fine, let me just plan a small event" to what we all have seen and experienced now :TzuyuKek: Basically, this, together with the +Cards project, was conceptualized and formed in just a few weeks.

Having said all of that, I also have had so much fun with this event. We really didn't expect such a great turnout and responses toward both the event itself and our new project. Seeing and hearing how some of you said you truly enjoyed the event really makes this all worth it. With all due respect to our regular gamers (you know we love interacting with you all!), what made us really happy was seeing many new as well as returning faces. We have always been discussing how we could get more people involved, so this makes us feel like we have somewhat succeeded.

Finally, thank you so much to all the other staff teams for allowing us to represent you here (hopefully, we did your teams some justice). And of course, thanks to the rest of my team for always working so hard (@Riri for being an idea bank; @Bchip for being a gfx genius; @Chiharu for sharing her weeb knowledge; and @AKID❀KI for giving me the freedom to run with things). This time, I especially want to give thanks to @Baymax and @sm maid, not just for the extra help, but for basically being my right and left hands. I truly have had a blast with you guys, even if it's just me and you have had to suffer
607491793831067648.png

Okay, I promised myself that I wouldn't write another essay but at las slkdfj

Anywho, that's all. I will be back after a short break to get everything sorted out and provide further instructions on how you can claim your prizes and whatnot.

Thanks once again for tuning in and until our next event! Happy anniversary and stay blessed~

@Gamer Squad

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭13,550
607491790198538250.png

Happy anniversary, everyone! Time has flown, right? So many things have happened during the two years H+ has been around and I’m thankful for those that have stuck around to make H+ an inclusive place for everyone! We're still relatively new ...kinda, and have a lot of room for growth, but regardless of our differences, I hope everyone continues to support H+ and each other!

Amidst the chaos and short timeframe with some stressful days, I really enjoyed my time participating and organising this event with the guidance of the Events team, particularly Stannie (who, by the way, went above and beyond for this event!!!) and our community manager, sm maid! Honestly, when I was first approached by Stannie, I thought I'd only be doing a few graphics requests but instead, I found myself hosting a couple of things. Our main goal for this event was to try and make it as user-friendly as possible and allowing our members to flourish as well as giving recognition to the staff team, who volunteer to do all that they do to make this community what it today!

Thank you to everyone who took the time to get involved, it was really heartwarming seeing many faces! Take care and I hope your days remain wonderful!
♡​

sm maid

Global Star Administrator Events VIP+ Eighth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭24,904
Pronouns
She/Her
"We're not gonna hold an anniversary event, do any of you have other ideas?" - Stannie, 2021
That's how it all started... Obviously, as the overachiever she is, she changed her mind, and the event slowly evolved from not happening, to small and simple, to... what actually happened. It was my first time being involved in the making of an event, and it made me that much more appreciative of all the hard work that goes into bringing it to life. I'd like to thank Events Team for being so welcoming and considerate with me, I'm inexperienced in this kind of thing and I kind of like to be a menace for fun, but they were all good sports and extremely supportive, I couldn't have done it without you guys' incentive. Most importantly, thanks to all users who took interest in this event and took their time to participate and support. I hope you guys had as much fun as I did... you might even see me doing this stuff again someday... maybe.
:pepesanta:

OutroTearTheFirst

Oh, I'm sorry, but nobody does evil the way I do! Fourth Place HoE
Reaction score
On a picnic with gasppepe eating nugget peepo
Plus Coins
⨭53,700
Pronouns
She/Her
You guys did such a great job! It was really nice to see non-gamers turn up as well! It was a great way to include the whole site :poggers:
Thank you guys for the hard work you put in to make this event really fun!

FGiSDlA.png

Seriously

Pretty 💜 Psycho Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭18,750
I really enjoyed, It was a lot of fun, and the goodies on offer were enough to actually convince me to take part kek. Thanks to all the team, as I commented to dear stannie just the other day, I can imagine the cards ALONE are a real logistical task... But I think they'll be an awesome addition to the site in the long run.
Happy anniversary to H+, and all the users within it! here's to many more years!
TerribleShockedAntipodesgreenparakeet-size_restricted.gif

AKID❀KI

Death's Mistress
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,921,164
We once decided that this anniversary event would be a small one with just an update thread and a few games and nothing more. Then it kept growing and growing. :partydogo:
However, it was loads of fun and has laid out the groundwork for an eventful year ahead. That was all thanks to stannie and baymax who organized the event and worked incredibly hard to execute it flawlessly. They truly slayed. Without them the event would not have been as awesome as it was.
I would also like to extend my thank you to the rest of my team who hosted games and contributed to the event's success. Thanks chippie for designing the cards and helping with our gfx needs, chiharu for being there to provide insight and riri for coming up with creative ideas. I also want to thank Maid who hosted a game for this event and was super helpful in flirting with stannie and talking like Jason derulo. I also want to thank all the other staff teams who helped with the event. Your assistance was truly appreciated.
Tbh I honestly didn't do much, cause stannie really went all in and handled everything so well. I am honestly super grateful to have her as my deputy lead (co-lead but apparently that title scares her seywuegeyuww). Altogether I just enjoyed giving moral support and appearing here and there to make sure my team was on the right track with things and had their daily dosage of disturbing gifs and flirty messages.
To all the participants, thank you for joining this event! I hope you had fun and will join our future ones too. You guys rock!

-♡ aki

kimsguardian

🄳🄾🄾🅁🚪 Sixth Place HoETop Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,085,270
Pronouns
He/Him
Thank you for hosting this great event, where you can found not only gamers but some users who are not gamers like me can also participate. I enjoyed them a lot thanks to you, I know it's hard & exhausting but you know you are loved by many users here right? your existence such a blessing for us. once again, thank you to the great events team especially you stan baby, you're amazing :heartublob:
Happy anniversary H+!! :peepopbirthday:
GrimChubbyBrahmancow-size_restricted.gif

Bellamy

Be strong, be brave〰 VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭30,739,664
Pronouns
She/Her
To Stannie and all the staff members:
Thank you so much for your hard work. I'm not just talking about this wonderful event (you outdid yourselves!), but everything that happened in this second year.
Really, massive thank you!:LovePar:
And Happy anniversary Hallyu+!🎊🎉

Top Bottom