Has anyone tried Korean face masks?

OneHallyuRefugee

Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,025
I just used one for the first time in my life lol it’s like the rose one from nature republic. What do you think of it? Have you seen any improvement in your skin? Do you use it every day?

B612

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
Awards
User of the Month
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭90,740
  • Certified ONCE
  • TWICE's Nayeon
  • B612 #3
  • B612 #1
I like them, makes the skin better instantly but it's not a must also too expensive for me

Les

Super Idol
Early Supporters
House Stark
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭58,215
  • Certified Shawol
  • Certified STAY
  • SHINee's Taemin
  • NCT's Jaehyun
I have some but I haven’t tried them yet.
My brother brought them at home as souvenirs.
He gave me EXO face mask lol

uta93

we never walk alone
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,110
  • Certified ARMY (Alternative)
I like them, makes the skin better instantly but it's not a must also too expensive for me
This is the problem (for me). If we read the beauty tips articles around, most of them recommend us to use the masks like three times a week. The masks are only one-time use, so that's a lot of money wasted. Not to mention that I've had toners, serums, gels, etc for the skincare routine.

I used the masks for a while a few months ago. I liked The Face Shop's masks the most because the size and shape matched my face, and I felt like my skin wasn't too red when I was using them. But for reasons above, I stopped buying them. I go back to the aloe vera gel now to replace the masks.

OutroTearTheFirst

Gasppepe
Third Place Elite
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭300,401
  • Certified ARMY
  • Pride
  • Certified Shawol
  • Lannister TW Official Award
i use them every once in a while
i use really cheap ones tho hehe and i don't use them everyday, so there isn't much improvement. it's just an every once in a while thing heh

Asphodel

Kaonashi
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭960
  • Pride
I don't like sheet masks, they're too greasy, and i got allergic reaction to some of them.
I prefer overnight mask like Cosrx Ultimate Nourishing Rice, Sulwhasoo Overnight Vitalizing Mask

denizen mars

Lesbian Potato Goddess
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭290
  • Pride
Like sheet masks, not wash off I assume? I used to use them regularly (well actually Taiwanese ones usually, because MBD rose was my holy grail one, but I liked some innisfree ones too), but I stopped because of the waste factor and to simplify my routine. I think the trend in korea is towards fewer steps these days, too.

yooamygirls

BUNGEE (Fall in Love)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭45,260
  • Red Velvet's Seulgi
  • NCT's Mark
  • TWICE's Mina
  • BLACKPINK's Rosé
I don't use them because I don't like the wet/moist feeling but my family and some of my friends use them religiously (like once everyday) and they swear by them. They say it honestly makes such a big difference when they apply make up the next morning. I've been considering trying out mediheal facial masks because BTS endorses them (lol i'm such trash) but it's such a hassle lol

denizen mars

Lesbian Potato Goddess
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭290
  • Pride
I don't use them because I don't like the wet/moist feeling but my family and some of my friends use them religiously (like once everyday) and they swear by them. They say it honestly makes such a big difference when they apply make up the next morning. I've been considering trying out mediheal facial masks because BTS endorses them (lol i'm such trash) but it's such a hassle lol
Mediheal are actually really great. People loved them on /r/asianbeauty way before BTS got chosen to endorse them. I liked the vita lightbeam one, it was very moisturizing and brightening. But having a good routine is generally better for your skin and cheaper in the long run, so I wouldn't worry about missing out.

Reactions: yooamygirls

frozentear

Nugu
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,390
Yes I've tried some. My favorite by far is by Sidmool. I really like their Waterfull Pure Essence Mask Sheet. It's soothing, moisturizing, and it brightens a bit too. I'm planning to get more, and maybe some other brands.

Not Nature Republic though. I have sensitive skin and have had some bad reactions to their products.