Has anyone tried Korean face masks?

OneHallyuRefugee

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,425
I just used one for the first time in my life lol it’s like the rose one from nature republic. What do you think of it? Have you seen any improvement in your skin? Do you use it every day?

B612

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭109,585
I like them, makes the skin better instantly but it's not a must also too expensive for me

Chuuya

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭37,765
I have some but I haven’t tried them yet.
My brother brought them at home as souvenirs.
He gave me EXO face mask lol

uta93

we never walk alone
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,110
I like them, makes the skin better instantly but it's not a must also too expensive for me
This is the problem (for me). If we read the beauty tips articles around, most of them recommend us to use the masks like three times a week. The masks are only one-time use, so that's a lot of money wasted. Not to mention that I've had toners, serums, gels, etc for the skincare routine.

I used the masks for a while a few months ago. I liked The Face Shop's masks the most because the size and shape matched my face, and I felt like my skin wasn't too red when I was using them. But for reasons above, I stopped buying them. I go back to the aloe vera gel now to replace the masks.

Warm Croissant

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭42,825
I don't like sheet masks, they're too greasy, and i got allergic reaction to some of them.
I prefer overnight mask like Cosrx Ultimate Nourishing Rice, Sulwhasoo Overnight Vitalizing Mask

denizen mars

Lesbian Potato Goddess
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,250
Like sheet masks, not wash off I assume? I used to use them regularly (well actually Taiwanese ones usually, because MBD rose was my holy grail one, but I liked some innisfree ones too), but I stopped because of the waste factor and to simplify my routine. I think the trend in korea is towards fewer steps these days, too.

yooamygirls

how deep is your love VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭739,810
I don't use them because I don't like the wet/moist feeling but my family and some of my friends use them religiously (like once everyday) and they swear by them. They say it honestly makes such a big difference when they apply make up the next morning. I've been considering trying out mediheal facial masks because BTS endorses them (lol i'm such trash) but it's such a hassle lol

denizen mars

Lesbian Potato Goddess
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,250
I don't use them because I don't like the wet/moist feeling but my family and some of my friends use them religiously (like once everyday) and they swear by them. They say it honestly makes such a big difference when they apply make up the next morning. I've been considering trying out mediheal facial masks because BTS endorses them (lol i'm such trash) but it's such a hassle lol

Mediheal are actually really great. People loved them on /r/asianbeauty way before BTS got chosen to endorse them. I liked the vita lightbeam one, it was very moisturizing and brightening. But having a good routine is generally better for your skin and cheaper in the long run, so I wouldn't worry about missing out.

frozentear

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,560
Yes I've tried some. My favorite by far is by Sidmool. I really like their Waterfull Pure Essence Mask Sheet. It's soothing, moisturizing, and it brightens a bit too. I'm planning to get more, and maybe some other brands.

Not Nature Republic though. I have sensitive skin and have had some bad reactions to their products.

san

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭250
i used to use them religiously but now i'm just too lazy. masks from roadshop brands like the face shop, etude house etc suck imo. holika holika isn't too bad, it fits and makes visible difference on my skin but i hate the artificial smell of it.

out of all the brands i've tried i like mediheal the most, it fits my face really well and i can feel visible difference on the first usage. it's good stuff. my favorites are the vita lightbeam and ipi lightmax.

Regina

별빛 꽃길
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,040
I use them regularly, as most of the products in my skincare routine are Korean. I like them more than Western or American masks because they're gentler. Most of them aren't for everyday use though.

Echo

𝕎𝕠𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕕 Early Supporters
Reaction score
⨭23,441
I did, but it did not do much ngl. Maybe my face is too far gone or maybe because I used it once

Top Bottom