Have you ever read a fanfiction that was such a hot mess?

SM's Kunta Kinte Silence

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,335
Of course you have.

But let's all talk about it anyway.

Right now I started reading this fic - and I honestly don't know what the author was thinking.

I can't say it's the worse fic I've ever read, because really, it's not. The grammar and the flow aren't bad - of course nothing spectacular - just okay. At a glance, it's palatable.

The issue starts after you get like 3 paragraphs in and you realize....

It's boring.

There is no hook, just endless (and might I add unnecessary) descriptions of a party. We get it. You don't need to repeat for the THIRD time that the guests hardly knew each other and were all old and were having meaningless prattle about philosophy for us to get that the boy was bored.

Move on already!

I'm just a reader, not at this actual party, and even I'm bored too. So I guess you successfully (kek) got your point acoss.

Next, why are you wasting time reintroducing all these minor chacters as if we don't already know? I don't need a lengthy explanation who Alfred is or who is your uncle and so on.

We. Know. We. Get it. Move ON.

AND THE DIALOGUE. Can it get anymore dry??? No character speaks with wit or quirk or any distinctive tone.

Like I swear to you, I've read fics with worse grammar and cliche plots that were more interesting than this one.

So while I can't reallt say this fic was a hot mess from a grammar and flow kind of view - I can from an interest kind of view. I didn't check the hits ob this fic, but I can say for sure it's the kind you sort of drop after 3 chapters once you realize it's going nowhere or taking a painfully (and not the good kind you get with slowburn fic but ACTUAL pain, pain) long time ro get there.

What about u guys? What was your bad gic experience??

Ulmicola

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭88,990
I once read a Chaera fan fic that... let's just say gore was involved, I've read my fair share of creepy hentai but that was even worse. D:

agust

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,580
Fanfics of k-idols behaving like american teens make me cringe so much... the school system and environment is so different but when I read stuff that's typical US teen movie I can't help but feel bad, esp if the author states the story takes place in SK... ugh

Dawn

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭0
most wattpad fanfics.. seriously i'm just done with them lol that's why i've mostly stopped reading stuff on there.

evermore

까마귀 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,335
All fanfiction involving real people make me cringe. Fictional characters okay but imagine logging onto the internet and reading people writing stories about your sex and lovelife. Like-

Chuuya

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭37,765
All fanfiction involving real people make me cringe. Fictional characters okay but imagine logging onto the internet and reading people writing stories about your sex and lovelife. Like-
I agree.
Shippers are wild lol

ARandomFan

(っ◔◡◔)っ<3 Content+ Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭771,695
Pronouns
idk
I mean... I remember this one fic I read that was a crossover of Halo and My Little Pony... Maybe reading fanfic at 3 in the morning isn't a good idea...
But it has been a while since I've read any fanfic so

Top Bottom