Have you started any new hobbies this year?

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
I learned how to cross-stitch recently and I'm really enjoying it!

The first piece I did was this sampler (a sampler is cross-stitch/embroidery that's usually text and a border instead of a large image):

20210116-234118.jpg

It took a few days but I was so proud of it! Then I began this full picture I'm still working on. Here is the image I'm using as a guide:

c1184ecc0e458a7ed3b66ba0078c86a1.jpg

And this is the last picture I took of it:

20210119-172349.jpg

I've actually stitched more of Big Ben's tower to the bottom and I've started the bottom of the Moon but I don't have a picture on me!

Finally, I did a sampler for my dad's birthday. I only finished it yesterday so I haven't taken a finished picture yet, but here it was in progress:

20210127-010645.jpg

It now reads: "Don't worry! Fifty is only 14 in Scrabble".

Have you started any new hobbies this year? Sorry this was kind of an excuse to share my hard work lol but I want to know what everyone else is doing now we're a month into the year!

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,800
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
started painting miniatures for the boardgames i have. i was always opposed do to cost and didn't think i had the skill to do it since i'm not very artistic. but then covid happened and i didn't leave my house much, so i took it up, and it's been going well!

yerm

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
I have recently started trying to learn new languages and studying different cultures. My plan was to travel around before I start college.

What languages are you learning?

started painting miniatures for the boardgames i have. i was always opposed do to cost and didn't think i had the skill to do it since i'm not very artistic. but then covid happened and i didn't leave my house much, so i took it up, and it's been going well!

Oooh that sounds really cool! Have you heard about the people making a miniature house? I saw it on a Twitter moment the other day and I saw on their Instagram they'd been making mini board games to go in the house!

redvelvetus

seulgi simp
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭62,950
What languages are you learning?

Oooh that sounds really cool! Have you heard about the people making a miniature house? I saw it on a Twitter moment the other day and I saw on their Instagram they'd been making mini board games to go in the house!
I have been learning French, Mandarin, some Hindi, I have been practicing a lot lately. I actually have not seen about the miniature house but I will definitely check it out. Trying to broden out my language skill and speak something other than Korean, English, and spanish

Last edited:

Katniss

Idol
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭115,050
Nothing in 2021 yet. I did get some new hobbies in late 2020 that I'm still doing.

Nice work on the cross-stitching, by the way

Last edited:

yerm

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
I want to try and get into drawing but I'm a mess.

Honestly this is a mood :TzuyuKek: Drawing can be so frustrating if it doesn't turn out how you want it to, but it's a good idea to try and get some practice!

Reactions: She
Top Bottom