INSTAGRAM Hebe updates on her plants

grainy

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
It's a trilogy.

This is a story about a woman who just wanted to take the chance to speedily buy a pot of mint leaves before the flower market closed, but instead helplessly bought a whole garden of flowers.

# flowery world (T/N also a reference to one of her songs)
# can't keep away even just one flower
# let's wait and see whether this will be gardening or disaster (T/N she made a good pun but I can't come up with a non-cringy one... the best i got was gardening or gar-dying)
# goodnight

This is a story that confirms the identity of a plant murderer.

Opened the balcony door to see these flowers hanging their heads dejectedly, and just then, by my ear floated
the sound system in the living room playing <Disappointment>
"Ah
(My) sighs are never wasted
You
(have) chased me out of that dream world"

# stop reminding me to be careful of whatever sunlight air water this kind of thing of course I'm providing that for them
# just don't have any fate
# how can you ask me to not be pessimistic
# disappointed
# day2
# dead2

This is an unfortunate story about how after the Marguerite daisy rose from the dead, the chilli pepper began to detest this world.

# Moved the Maguerite daisy to the balcony in the back to receive more sunlight, and gave it a lot of loving encouragement, so it was inspired to live on
# The chilli pepper also loves the Maguerite daisy a lot - without her company it doesn't want to live anymore
# So touching I could cry (T/N: slang)
# This woman's secret garden series

Last edited:

hess

SNSD ♡ S.H.E ♡ IOI Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,860
Hahaha, she's hilarious.

A thought out of left field, but I feel like her and Taeyeon would get along well. Too bad they wouldn't be able to communicate well.

grainy

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
Hahaha, she's hilarious.

A thought out of left field, but I feel like her and Taeyeon would get along well. Too bad they wouldn't be able to communicate well.
She really is so funny :hehe: honestly the most random posts ever... and she updated Facebook of all places for S.H.E's anniversary, which is why these caught my eye - was just checking to see if they'd said anything :facepalm:

You think so? :omgwhat:
I've thought of Irene as similar to Hebe and likely to get along, but not really Taeyeon. I think I see where you'd get that though! The similar career paths and unique senses of humour?
Yoona do your job and connect them :ShockedPar:

hess

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,860
She really is so funny :hehe: honestly the most random posts ever... and she updated Facebook of all places for S.H.E's anniversary, which is why these caught my eye - was just checking to see if they'd said anything :facepalm:

You think so? :omgwhat:
I've thought of Irene as similar to Hebe and likely to get along, but not really Taeyeon. I think I see where you'd get that though! The similar career paths and unique senses of humour?
Yoona do your job and connect them :ShockedPar:
Cracks me up these are posted on her anniversary when all the fans are waiting for SHE posts hahaha.

Hebe and Irene? Interesting! I don't think I've ever thought of the two in the same thought before. Why do you think they'd get along?

Yeah, it's just a vibe I guess I get. Both pretty low-key and chill, strong opinions on things that matter to them and not afraid to speak their mind when it counts, career focused and successful women, and their sense of humor strikes me as similar.

grainy

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
Cracks me up these are posted on her anniversary when all the fans are waiting for SHE posts hahaha.

Hebe and Irene? Interesting! I don't think I've ever thought of the two in the same thought before. Why do you think they'd get along?

Yeah, it's just a vibe I guess I get. Both pretty low-key and chill, strong opinions on things that matter to them and not afraid to speak their mind when it counts, career focused and successful women, and their sense of humor strikes me as similar.

:ROFLMAO: wellll a couple before midnight but exactly!! haha. Also I don't know another celebrity whose only viral news this year was looking like a bedsheet :brbdying:

Hmm it was a vibe I got from their interviews mainly - the way they view the world and constantly try to better themselves? I got interested in RV after reading Irene's interviews actually, she felt like a younger Hebe.
reddit.com/r/kpop/comments/4lv68c/eng_gq_korea_interview_with_red_velvets_irene/

Aside from that, they're both really independent and individualistic yet family-oriented, have cool appearances as introverts but are quite warm/goofy with people they know well, have unique senses of humour, don't hide what they feel and aren't really interested in social media/trends but like playing around with the filters and such! Like choose your fighter: Irene's skies vs Hebe's skies/plants. They also decided to become singers around the same time in their lives and were very headstrong/decisive about it. It just feels like they would understand each other.

Another thing is, I feel like RV are S.H.E's... spiritual successors (i'm sure there's a better way to say this but eh). I know many fans think of SNSD, but SNSD has always been much more ambitious and... hungry(?) in my eyes. Not saying S.H.E aren't ambitious, but they seem to always try to focus on what they love and to seize each moment on stage by enjoying it - it's like the opportunities come to them because of how they treat each step, instead of them searching for the opportunities and working in that direction, as I think SNSD do. In a sense, S.H.E work very hard on themselves and trust that things will work out, versus SNSD actively seeking opportunities for themselves and growing accordingly. And on varieties, SNSD is much more media-conscious because of their caution, whereas S.H.E is just very themselves. I think RV is more similar to S.H.E in that sense of "enjoying the moment" and "being themselves", though RV are certainly less extravagant. Also both RV and S.H.E like to share things they've reflected on and seem to frequently reflect on how to live fully.

and also musically - RV do a variety of genres, are proud of the discography + focus on individual and group vocals, which I think is also similar to S.H.E. So in the end, although I do like SNSD as well, I've got a super soft spot for RV because they're like a... little S.H.E haha.

For me, I do get where you're coming from, but I originally thought of Taeyeon and Hebe as totally different other than career-wise; Taeyeon seems a lot more interested in fanservice/affected by public opinion than Hebe. For instance, I think Taeyeon once asked fans to keep loving SNSD and not leave, whereas Hebe is more like, it was great to have you here, bye. Taeyeon also produces content for fans, whereas Hebe is like... here is my plant, today's weather was like this and omg my dinner was great. Taeyeon also asks fans what they think of her songs, whereas Hebe's more like take it or leave it. So I always had the impression that Taeyeon was much more of a people-pleaser than the people Hebe surrounds herself with, like Selina/Ella/Sandee Chan/Sodagreen/Mayday.

Last edited:

hess

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,860
:ROFLMAO: wellll a couple before midnight but exactly!! haha. Also I don't know another celebrity whose only viral news this year was looking like a bedsheet :brbdying:

Hmm it was a vibe I got from their interviews mainly - the way they view the world and constantly try to better themselves? I got interested in RV after reading Irene's interviews actually, she felt like a younger Hebe.
reddit.com/r/kpop/comments/4lv68c/eng_gq_korea_interview_with_red_velvets_irene/

Aside from that, they're both really independent and individualistic yet family-oriented, have cool appearances as introverts but are quite warm/goofy with people they know well, have unique senses of humour, don't hide what they feel and aren't really interested in social media/trends but like playing around with the filters and such! Like choose your fighter: Irene's skies vs Hebe's skies/plants. They also decided to become singers around the same time in their lives and were very headstrong/decisive about it. It just feels like they would understand each other.

Another thing is, I feel like RV are S.H.E's... spiritual successors (i'm sure there's a better way to say this but eh). I know many fans think of SNSD, but SNSD has always been much more ambitious and... hungry(?) in my eyes. Not saying S.H.E aren't ambitious, but they seem to always try to focus on what they love and to seize each moment on stage by enjoying it - it's like the opportunities come to them because of how they treat each step, instead of them searching for the opportunities and working in that direction, as I think SNSD do. In a sense, S.H.E work very hard on themselves and trust that things will work out, versus SNSD actively seeking opportunities for themselves and growing accordingly. And on varieties, SNSD is much more media-conscious because of their caution, whereas S.H.E is just very themselves. I think RV is more similar to S.H.E in that sense of "enjoying the moment" and "being themselves", though RV are certainly less extravagant. Also both RV and S.H.E like to share things they've reflected on and seem to frequently reflect on how to live fully.

and also musically - RV do a variety of genres, are proud of the discography + focus on individual and group vocals, which I think is also similar to S.H.E. So in the end, although I do like SNSD as well, I've got a super soft spot for RV because they're like a... little S.H.E haha.

For me, I do get where you're coming from, but I originally thought of Taeyeon and Hebe as totally different other than career-wise; Taeyeon seems a lot more interested in fanservice/affected by public opinion than Hebe. For instance, I think Taeyeon once asked fans to keep loving SNSD and not leave, whereas Hebe is more like, it was great to have you here, bye. Taeyeon also produces content for fans, whereas Hebe is like... here is my plant, today's weather was like this and omg my dinner was great. Taeyeon also asks fans what they think of her songs, whereas Hebe's more like take it or leave it. So I always had the impression that Taeyeon was much more of a people-pleaser than the people Hebe surrounds herself with, like Selina/Ella/Sandee Chan/Sodagreen/Mayday.
Lol, well since you fully opened this discussion topic, I won't hold back my thoughts either
Really interesting point of view. Personally I used to be a massive SNSD and Taeyeon fan, which has now somewhat petered out, and while I do enjoy Red Velvet, it's very much from a casual fan perspective. So there are certain things we see differently based on how much I've followed the groups.

Yeah, the common link is between SNSD and SHE, which made sense to me as well because those were the two groups that I first stanned. I think a lot of the differences you highlighted between RV and SNSD aren't purely a result of personality differences between group members, but a lot that has to do with promotional differences and career differences between the groups. Like SNSD seeming more ambitious, media consciousness, public image and interaction, etc- a lot stems from the difference in their level of scrutiny in Korea. RV by all means has been incredibly successful in their own right, but SNSD was sort of just on another level of media attention, fan frenzy, being under the public microscope, etc. They were the very pinnacle of the kpop industry when kpop was at one of it's largest peaks domestically, less competing groups, and more strict scrutiny by company, fans, and public back then. The speed at which they were pushed to probably made them less present at the time to each moment, less able to pause and reflect and share thoughts as compared to RV. During their peak and since, when SNSD members are given a medium to be reflective and thoughtful, in editorial interviews or in more heart to heart talk shows, they have definitely shown that side of themselves. And SM strategically pushed SNSD with a 100% commercial purpose. Each member was marketed like hell in every avenue and lane available to them, all of their title songs, concpets, lyrics, costumes, dances, etc were targeted for general public consumption. At the time SNSD was a massive breakthrough for SM as they finally had a group that could hit huge success with digital numbers and public popularity. Even until now they probably have the strongest record for general public popularity and digital charting. Only later in their careers did SNSD become a bit more experimental. In comparison, SM's strategy with RV from the beginning has been a mix of commercial and experimental, imo heavier on the experimental. So you see more variety of concepts, genres, more spotlight on vocals, etc.

Hmm, my impression of Taeyeon's personality is not that way. Recently she just had an instagram live and I read on twitter a summary where basically people said it's too late and they want to sleep, or complained she wasn't answering their questions or that it was no fun, and she very coolly was just like, cool just leave then. Then spent like a good 5 minutes talking about how she really enjoys eating cabbage these days and how delicious it is plain. She can also be fairly ballsy with her comments and isn't too afraid to call people out if she disagrees. I remember she's called out music shows (? I think) for poor and crappy stage equipment/setup which places the singers in unsafe work environments plus leaves them unable to give their best performance if quality of equipment and sound system is poor. She also called out Zico with the recent golden phone scandal. If memory serves, she's been vocal about lgbt issues and has retorted fans/comments when she doesn't agree. Taeyeon has a large following of haters, which used to be a lot worse before, but they would throw insults saying she's a sly fox, etc. Imo part of it stems from her words and her actions, she'll go against the grain and shadily call people out. I think she's quite strong-willed and doesn't easily bend her opinions/actions for others, can't easily stay quiet on subjects if she feels strongly about them. So in terms of the sort of timid, people-pleaser image that you have of her, my impression is quite different. I do think there's a good deal of image management and it's intentional that Taeyeon isn't in your face about this aspect of her personality. She's a public figure who can't really complain or voice opinions, even moreso as a woman in Korea, where it will turn people off if you are opinionated and vocal.

After reading your comparison from Hebe to Irene, I can see definitely see the points you're making. I think most, if not all of those that you listed could also be used to describe Taeyeon. A major difference though between Hebe and Taeyeon though would probably be Taeyeon's battle with mental health. She can be more lonely/be a loner, have periods of depression, and doesn't as easily share her feelings with others/sometimes holds people at more of a distance. From the outside, it appears Hebe overall is a very emotionally stable and grounded person, just overall really healthy mental health- I recall a show where SHE even had this discussion. Irene seems to share that more, where she just at baseline is generally always has a more stable mood and more grounded. I think Hebe and Taeyeon's interests and humor seem to line up more. Hebe kind of has a cool/edgy/dark streak to her, I recall especially when she was younger Hebe collected weird/cool/eccentric sort of knick knacks. Taeyeon is similar too, whereas I don't really sense any sort of edge or dark streak in Irene.

Last edited:

grainy

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
Lol, well since you fully opened this discussion topic, I won't hold back my thoughts either
Really interesting point of view. Personally I used to be a massive SNSD and Taeyeon fan, which has now somewhat petered out, and while I do enjoy Red Velvet, it's very much from a casual fan perspective. So there are certain things we see differently based on how much I've followed the groups.

Yeah, the common link is between SNSD and SHE, which made sense to me as well because those were the two groups that I first stanned. I think a lot of the differences you highlighted between RV and SNSD aren't purely a result of personality differences between group members, but a lot that has to do with promotional differences and career differences between the groups. Like SNSD seeming more ambitious, media consciousness, public image and interaction, etc- a lot stems from the difference in their level of scrutiny in Korea. RV by all means has been incredibly successful in their own right, but SNSD was sort of just on another level of media attention, fan frenzy, being under the public microscope, etc. They were the very pinnacle of the kpop industry when kpop was at one of it's largest peaks domestically, less competing groups, and more strict scrutiny by company, fans, and public back then. The speed at which they were pushed to probably made them less present at the time to each moment, less able to pause and reflect and share thoughts as compared to RV. During their peak and since, when SNSD members are given a medium to be reflective and thoughtful, in editorial interviews or in more heart to heart talk shows, they have definitely shown that side of themselves. And SM strategically pushed SNSD with a 100% commercial purpose. Each member was marketed like hell in every avenue and lane available to them, all of their title songs, concpets, lyrics, costumes, dances, etc were targeted for general public consumption. At the time SNSD was a massive breakthrough for SM as they finally had a group that could hit huge success with digital numbers and public popularity. Even until now they probably have the strongest record for general public popularity and digital charting. Only later in their careers did SNSD become a bit more experimental. In comparison, SM's strategy with RV from the beginning has been a mix of commercial and experimental, imo heavier on the experimental. So you see more variety of concepts, genres, more spotlight on vocals, etc.

Hmm, my impression of Taeyeon's personality is not that way. Recently she just had an instagram live and I read on twitter a summary where basically people said it's too late and they want to sleep, or complained she wasn't answering their questions or that it was no fun, and she very coolly was just like, cool just leave then. Then spent like a good 5 minutes talking about how she really enjoys eating cabbage these days and how delicious it is plain. She can also be fairly ballsy with her comments and isn't too afraid to call people out if she disagrees. I remember she's called out music shows (? I think) for poor and crappy stage equipment/setup which places the singers in unsafe work environments plus leaves them unable to give their best performance if quality of equipment and sound system is poor. She also called out Zico with the recent golden phone scandal. If memory serves, she's been vocal about lgbt issues and has retorted fans/comments when she doesn't agree. Taeyeon has a large following of haters, which used to be a lot worse before, but they would throw insults saying she's a sly fox, etc. Imo part of it stems from her words and her actions, she'll go against the grain and shadily call people out. I think she's quite strong-willed and doesn't easily bend her opinions/actions for others, can't easily stay quiet on subjects if she feels strongly about them. So in terms of the sort of timid, people-pleaser image that you have of her, my impression is quite different. I do think there's a good deal of image management and it's intentional that Taeyeon isn't in your face about this aspect of her personality. She's a public figure who can't really complain or voice opinions, even moreso as a woman in Korea, where it will turn people off if you are opinionated and vocal.

After reading your comparison from Hebe to Irene, I can see definitely see the points you're making. I think most, if not all of those that you listed could also be used to describe Taeyeon. A major difference though between Hebe and Taeyeon though would probably be Taeyeon's battle with mental health. She can be more lonely/be a loner, have periods of depression, and doesn't as easily share her feelings with others/sometimes holds people at more of a distance. From the outside, it appears Hebe overall is a very emotionally stable and grounded person, just overall really healthy mental health- I recall a show where SHE even had this discussion. Irene seems to share that more, where she just at baseline is generally always has a more stable mood and more grounded. I think Hebe and Taeyeon's interests and humor seem to line up more. Hebe kind of has a cool/edgy/dark streak to her, I recall especially when she was younger Hebe collected weird/cool/eccentric sort of knick knacks. Taeyeon is similar too, whereas I don't really sense any sort of edge or dark streak in Irene.

oh yeah of course, I totally agree with what you said, they were really shaped by their environment. But in that sense, S.H.E and RV had more of a similar environment where their companies sort of had no idea what to do with them and pretty much told them to sink or swim. But S.H.E and RV have also had frenetic career paces - someone added up that S.H.E never had more than a period of up to 10 days free in their early years. That's why, what I think is, SNSD are naturally more Type A in personality and so naturally go after what they want a lot more. They have always been a lot more ready to take charge and assert their presence with screentime and such, whereas S.H.E naturally drew all the attention with their commotions LOL. I think they were like this from the beginning. I respect it. I also think SNSD have a strong bond, are very intelligent, and very thoughtful. I did notice that from their early interviews too. But I think that resulting caution is frustrating and that they, as a group, only really begin to mature and mellow out after Jessica left and they sort of reaffirmed what they really want. The sense of focus on personal growth and mutual understanding I got from them was not as strong until about then. Of course, it's also naturally more difficult for SNSD because of the number of people they have. What I think about RV's concept is, SM really didn't have a solid plan for them after what they wanted wasn't commercially successful, and RV working on expressing their individuality and vocals saved them by making them interesting to experiment with.

To TL;DR this paragraph, I really like all three groups, I just tend more towards S.H.E/RV because they make it feel much more casual, whereas with SNSD I always feel a bit fired up and I constantly try to track their purpose. Some of it happened by nature and some of it by nurturing, but it doesn't change who they have become/are becoming.

I think it's possible to be a people-pleaser and stand up for what you believe in! I respect that she is able to do that, it is a balance many can't achieve. I don't have the image of her as timid, rather, i think she only speaks up about things when they are near and dear to her heart, or she knows won't negatively impact the people close to her greater than it will benefit them. For example, calling out music shows and SM. As for the IG live comments, I think she's just worked out what's important to her. But imo she's still got a people-pleaser personality, which isn't a bad thing at all. She wants reassurances from people more than, in my opinion, Hebe or Irene, is all. And my impression of Hebe's close friends (those she's showed us, a very select sample) is that they're all very stubborn about their individuality in all matters. I ended up agreeing that they would get along because I remembered that Hebe's been working towards being more accommodating and less stubborn herself. I thought Irene much more freely goes against the grain than Taeyeon, though in a different way. She doesn't say it so much as act it out. Like, she'll not say, call out SM for a rule she thinks they set at fansigns and concerts is ridiculous, she'll just very pointedly break it directly without thinking twice or considering whether she should. Which I feel is very Hebe & people around her. Hebe is a lot more confident than Irene though.

Actually, maybe a clear example is IG - people ask Taeyeon, Irene and Hebe to hold IG lives/post on IG fairly often. Taeyeon's happy to do it with/for fans, and when asked about her recent lack of use of YT, she said she's sorry, it's just that she's been busy. Whereas Irene and Hebe only either thank fans on great nights on stage or amuse themselves. If pressed about lack of social media use, they just start to show their annoyance. Although Irene will just say she doesn't know how to use it whereas hebe will go on facebook to say 文 and Weibo to say 博.

Hmm, about the last point, characteristics being same as Taeyeon's, I agree, worldview being surprisingly similar, not really? Otherwise, I agree about their mental and emotional stability. I don't see a dark streak in Hebe, just a very... strong sense of self and all her eccentricities seem to stem from that, pursuing whatever catches her fancy at any time and being moody when she can't. But I think Irene is actually just as eccentric/cool as Hebe, whereas I conversely didn't quite sense that in Taeyeon, she seemed to like structure, though she definitely has her quirks. Irene's eccentricities/edginess doesn't show as much because she doesn't go on social media often and she doesn't have a Selina/Ella by her side to sell her out lmao. But it definitely shows up from time to time, like when she drops a photocard
or responds to rumours with an eyeroll emoji and a hella weird/funny selfie which, actually also makes me interested in RV's dynamics because Seulgi speaks for the group a lot and she is also the people-pleaser type haha.

Honestly, it's much more likely they would all get along but take a thousand eons to actually get comfortable with each other; Hebe spent at least two years awkwardly and practically bowing while greeting Yoga Lin whenever they bumped into each other, and I see that happening with any mix of the three LOL. I think the only person who we know is close to Hebe and who hasn't mentioned her being quiet/standoffish when they first met (without selina and ella) is sandee chan, and sandee's glacial expression can hardly be beaten, plus Hebe is a mega Sandee fangirl.

What makes me really like Hebe and Irene (+ bias Yuri in SNSD I guess!) is that the more you get to know them the more surprising/mystifying they are, is all. I never feel like I understand what makes them tick even though they are very direct people. Keeps my short attention span ticking!

Top Bottom