RUMOR Hello!Project idol Takagi Sayuki is dating rising singer Yuuri

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Bunshun is reporting that Hello!Project idol and Juice=Juice subleader Takagi Sayuki is dating and living part time with rising singer Yuuri, based on photographs taken outside of Yuuri's apartment building.

Sayuki was photographed going in and out of the building, going to a nearby restaurant with Yuuri and his staff members, and hanging laundry presumably on Yuuri's balcony. Bunshun believes that they met in 2019 when he attended a Hello!Project concert.

Yuuri was approached by Bunshun reporters but declined to comment. Hello!Project has not issued a statement as of yet.

Yuuri is a rising artist in Japan and is best known for his recent hit Dry Flower, which has been #1 on the Billboard Japan Streaming Chart for several weeks.

Sayuki is one of Hello!Project's pre-eminent vocalists as a member of the group Juice=Juice, where she debuted as a founding member in 2013 and is the current sub-leader.

Chococo

your local superheroine Social Media
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,345,178
You know, I will just say one thing here - I am happy and I want nothing but happiness for Sayuki <3
Hope that she gets all the love she deserves and he treats her well. She deserves it all.

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
You know, I will just say one thing here - I am happy and I want nothing but happiness for Sayuki <3
Hope that she gets all the love she deserves and he treats her well. She deserves it all.

Yes she does, let baby monkey live her best life :sejeongcry:

a666860c5378148bfc36c1d7f247865e.gif

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
She's leaving the group :sadpuppy:
I hope that's something she was already planning on doing and not a result of her dating news
:sadpuppy:
On the one hand, she's 23 and other original members have graduated, so this probably was something that was going to happen sooner than later. On the other, her statement is particularly upsetting, like, "I can't ask for your forgiveness so I'm just leaving." Which is nonsense, because the reality is that the majority of fans and idol companies themselves have no issue with idols dating anymore. Sigh. I hope at least her relationship goes well. Former H!P members have married their scandal-mates before.

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
:sadpuppy:
On the one hand, she's 23 and other original members have graduated, so this probably was something that was going to happen sooner than later. On the other, her statement is particularly upsetting, like, "I can't ask for your forgiveness so I'm just leaving." Which is nonsense, because the reality is that the majority of fans and idol companies themselves have no issue with idols dating anymore. Sigh. I hope at least her relationship goes well. Former H!P members have married their scandal-mates before.
She should not be asking for forgiveness, only for our blessings!
Management seem intent on sending a message to other girls not to date/get caught since they're making her graduate so suddenly. It seems that her profile has been removed from the group page, J=J's next single might get delayed and they cancelled some event (fansign/handshake?). They're treating her without dignity and it will be terrible for the fans unless they give her some sort of send-off.

Maybe they want to avoid talk of the relationship distracting from the group but her bf is trendy right now so they're dropping the ball on a great PR opportunity.

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
She should not be asking for forgiveness, only for our blessings!
Management seem intent on sending a message to other girls not to date/get caught since they're making her graduate so suddenly. It seems that her profile has been removed from the group page, J=J's next single might get delayed and they cancelled some event (fansign/handshake?). They're treating her without dignity and it will be terrible for the fans unless they give her some sort of send-off.

Maybe they want to avoid talk of the relationship distracting from the group but her bf is trendy right now so they're dropping the ball on a great PR opportunity.

The statements they gave very much seemed like it was her decision. Management in this and previous recent scandals has always sounded rather ambivalent about the situations and seem to leave it up to the members to decide what to do. It's possible they're still applying pressure on the inside, but it doesn't make sense to enforce the love ban with so many fans not caring anymore so I'm inclined to say it was her own decision. Especially because the last members to leave because of dating scandals went about it particularly poorly and she probably doesn't want to see herself in the same category. In any case, it does seem that she's still signed to Up-Front (as a reminder, Hello!Project is an idol agency under the umbrella agency of Up-Front, and most former members stay signed to Up-Front for representation after they quit H!P) so I'm hopeful they'll pivot her to a solo career now.

Top Bottom