Hello! Project to initiate a trial run of allowing pictures to be taken at concerts

davidguy

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭121,910

Hello! Project is initiating a trial run of allowing fans to take pictures, using their phones, at a select number of concerts over the next month. They also recommend the use of specific hashtags when sharing the pictures on social media. Picture taking will be allowed at the following concerts:

[12/4] Juice=Juice at Yoyogi National Gymnasium「Juice=Juice Concert 2019 ~octopic!~」(#juicejuice)

[12/5] Morning Musume。'19 at Yoyogi National Gymnasium「Morning Musume。'19 Concert Tour Fall ~KOKORO&KARADA~ FINAL」(#morningmusume19)

[12/10] ANGERME at Toyosu PIT「ANGERME Live Tour 2019 Summer/Fall「Next Page」~Nakanishi Kana Graduation Special~」(#ANGERME)

[12/26] Country Girls at LINE CUBE SHIBUYA「Country Girls Live 2019 ~Itooshikute Gomen ne~」(#country_girls)

[12/31] Hello! Project at Nakano Sun Plaza「Hello! Project COUNTDOWN PARTY 2019 ~GOOD BYE & HELLO!~」(#helloproject)

• Professional photography is prohibited.
  • Shooting is only allowed during performances. Recording videos or taking pictures with professional cameras or tablets such as iPads are prohibited.
  • Flash photography, attached lenses, and selfie sticks are prohibited.
  • Please don't take pictures in situations that will annoy those around you, such as during quiet scenes or keeping your phone over your head for long periods of time.
---------------
While they're technically not allowing people to record videos, by allowing them to take pictures, there's not much they can do to stop people that do end up taking videos

So far, the general response from Japanese fans has been mostly negative, citing concerns over there possibly being a sea of phones, making it difficult to see and being a major distraction. Especially when they had just recently announced that they were going to issue a ban on jumping at concerts starting next year, letting people take pictures is being argued as being almost as bad, if not worse as people jumping.

Many would prefer to just have a set time or a set number of songs during the concert where people can take pictures, rather than allowing it for the entire duration of the concert

People familiar with groups that do allow people to take pictures or record videos, such Wasuta or the WACK groups, seem more inclined to be okay with this trial, with some stating that they haven't experienced any problems as of yet.

Personally, I really don't think it's going to be as big of an problem as people are making it out to be, but I suppose we'll see once the concerts take place. I'd be curious to know other people's take on it.

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
I think it's about time they loosened this restriction. For the fans that have consistently supported these groups, it's nice to have a memento of the events they attend. I'm sure there will be a few overzealous fans who will become a nuisance, but I agree that it should be fine for the most part. They just have to keep an eye on the ones going overboard and act accordingly. They could also set specific times when it's okay to take pictures. Group members can make an announcement from the stage that, for the next three songs, everyone can take pictures. Then they don't have to worry about the sea of phones during the entire show.

Last edited:
Top Bottom